FULL Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » February 10th, 2018, 1:49 am

Lady Wild

Act 1
5.20 "He came with the King's letters patents". I hear "parents".

Act 2
1.30 Two missing lines. After "Why, servant Sad, you'll arm? my nephew has thrown the first dart at you." there should be "Come, shall we eat oysters? Who's there? Call for some wine. Master Jolly, you are not warm yet. Pray, be free, you are at home." and "You do not take it ill to have me assure you, you are at home here?"

Act 3 PL OK

Act 4
2.35 Two missing lines. After "It must be early then, sir, for I shall borrow my nephew's coach, and be gone betimes into the country, to take a little fresh air, and prevent the search" there should be "No, sir, I humbly thank you; my nephew's will hold our company" [NB: that line is incorrectly identified in the script as a line for Master Wild, but, as Beth points out, it is clearly intended for the Widow] and "Sir, you'll excuse us, we have nobody here to light you down."

Act 5
PL OK


Master Wild
Act 2, 3, 4 all PL OK.
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

Elizabby
Posts: 7112
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » February 10th, 2018, 3:00 am

Thanks Rob! I'm all done here, so I'll see you over on the thread for "Amulet", when you are ready!
Coming Soon: An Ideal Husband

Dram Reads: Dr Dolittle's Voyages
Play: The Mikado - 2 male chorus parts open!
Books: Heart Talks on Holiness Shaggy Man in Oz

FULL: W&D Wishing Horse Captain Salt Amulet

Ealswythe
Posts: 719
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » February 10th, 2018, 9:29 am

RobBoard wrote:
February 10th, 2018, 1:49 am
Lady Wild

Act 1
5.20 "He came with the King's letters patents". I hear "parents".

Act 2
1.30 Two missing lines. After "Why, servant Sad, you'll arm? my nephew has thrown the first dart at you." there should be "Come, shall we eat oysters? Who's there? Call for some wine. Master Jolly, you are not warm yet. Pray, be free, you are at home." and "You do not take it ill to have me assure you, you are at home here?"

Act 3 PL OK

Act 4
2.35 Two missing lines. After "It must be early then, sir, for I shall borrow my nephew's coach, and be gone betimes into the country, to take a little fresh air, and prevent the search" there should be "No, sir, I humbly thank you; my nephew's will hold our company" [NB: that line is incorrectly identified in the script as a line for Master Wild, but, as Beth points out, it is clearly intended for the Widow] and "Sir, you'll excuse us, we have nobody here to light you down."

Act 5
PL OK


Master Wild
Act 2, 3, 4 all PL OK.
All corrected!

Act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_ladywild_1.mp3 7:31

Act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_ladywild_2.mp3 4:27

Act 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_ladywild_4.mp3 4:05
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » February 10th, 2018, 10:54 am

Thanks! Lady Wild: all acts now PL OK.
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

Kristingj
Posts: 4244
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » March 4th, 2018, 9:37 am

Master Sad and Parsons had been orphaned

linny
Posts: 8465
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 4th, 2018, 11:35 am

You can put me in for editing Act 3. I probably won't get to it until next week.

Kristingj
Posts: 4244
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » March 4th, 2018, 12:56 pm

linny wrote:
March 4th, 2018, 11:35 am
You can put me in for editing Act 3. I probably won't get to it until next week.
:thumbs:


Kristingj
Posts: 4244
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » March 9th, 2018, 2:27 pm

benderca wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 2:38 am
I'll take on Master Sad if you like. I can be a hopeless romantic...
Great, he's all yours:)

linny
Posts: 8465
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 4th, 2018, 6:32 am

Act 3 is ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_03_killigrew_128kb.mp3 37:26

Con. Fie! madam, there's no danger: the bill decreased twenty last week.
3:27 missing line - Sad. I swear, they say 'tis a very good play to-day.
Wid. Shall we go, niece?
Plea. Faith, 'tis hot, and there's nobody but we.
3:33 missing line - Sad. Does that hinder? Pray, madam, grudge us not the favour of venturing yourself in our company.

Enter Wanton and her Maid, with her lap full of things.
11:59 missing line - Wanton. Bid them ply him close, and flatter him, and rail upon the old lady and the captain: and, do you hear, give him some hints to begin the story of his life. Do it handsomely, and you shall see the sack will clip his tongue.
Maid. I warrant you, I'll fit him.
Last edited by linny on April 4th, 2018, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » April 4th, 2018, 6:41 am

linny wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:32 am
Act 3 is ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_03_killigrew_128kb.mp3 37:26

Con. Fie! madam, there's no danger: the bill decreased twenty last week.[237]
3:27 missing line - Sad. I swear, they say 'tis a very good play to-day.
Wid. Shall we go, niece?
Plea. Faith, 'tis hot, and there's nobody but we.
3:33 missing line - Sad. Does that hinder? Pray, madam, grudge[450] us not the favour of venturing yourself in our company.

Enter Wanton and her Maid, with her lap full of things.
11:59 missing line - Wanton. Bid them ply him close, and flatter him, and rail upon the old lady and the captain: and, do you hear, give him some hints to begin the story of his life. Do it handsomely, and you shall see the sack will clip his tongue.
Maid. I warrant you, I'll fit him.
Hi there!

Do you mean that you noticed lines were missing when you were editing together Act 3? I was the one who made the script from the original play, and I think I PLed all of the individual parts, so I am sorry if I missed anything. Could you clarify what is missing and from where, so I can understand if you are identifying lines we need to ask the readers to record?
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

linny
Posts: 8465
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 4th, 2018, 6:44 am

Yes, the lines were missing from the character files. Sad wasn't listed as being in Act 3 but appears in scene 1. Wanton line came from scene 3.

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » April 4th, 2018, 6:47 am

linny wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:44 am
Yes, the lines were missing from the character files. Sad wasn't listed as being in Act 3. Wanton line came from scene 3.
Thanks for that. And do you mean that these lines were not in the prepared scripts but they are in the source? That is, do the scripts need fixing too?
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

linny
Posts: 8465
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » April 4th, 2018, 6:48 am

I don't know anything about the scripts. I use the source when I edit.

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » April 4th, 2018, 6:59 am

linny wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:48 am
I don't know anything about the scripts. I use the source when I edit.
OK, that's good.

Kristin - it sounds like there are missing lines in the scripts. I'm really sorry if that's the case. I can't recall if I PLed these individual parts against the source, but obviously I should have.
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

Post Reply