COMPLETE [PLAY] La Bohème by Giacosa & etc.-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

GraceeKS wrote:
afutterer wrote:
GraceeKS wrote:Hi, are any chorus parts still available? I would love to contribute :)
Hi, Welcome to Librivox! Looks like you finished your 1 min test. Congratulations!

Thanks for your interest! Yes, there are chorus roles available in Act2 and 3. Just let me know which you would like and I will assign them.
Just to clarify, these are for parts marked "CHORUS", as well as other chorus type roles, or only for roles marked "CHORUS"?
Looking at the linked script, I can't seem to find line specifically for "CHORUS" in Act 2...I wasn't sure how you wanted to break up the other chorus roles like "Hawkers" and "Citizens" or if those parts are already assigned. I'm happy to read for some of them if they aren't already assigned. Either way I am game for Act 3!
Hey Grace! If you look in the magic window there is a link in the notes section for the Chorus members. They are color coded in the script there how the original BC wanted them broken out. Take a look and see if that answers your questions and helps you identify what you would like to contribute. Thanks so much!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

afutterer wrote:
GraceeKS wrote:
afutterer wrote: Hey Grace! If you look in the magic window there is a link in the notes section for the Chorus members. They are color coded in the script there how the original BC wanted them broken out. Take a look and see if that answers your questions and helps you identify what you would like to contribute. Thanks so much!
It looks to me like Chorus Members 3 and 4 are listed for Act 2 twice in the MW, one above and one still sort of hidden down below. Is one of those meant to be for Act 3?
Eva D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Argh! No, they are both meant to be listed once in the MW for Act 2. I think I have it fixed now . . . fingers crossed, at least.

MaryAnn
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Argh! No, they are both meant to be listed once in the MW for Act 2. I think I have it fixed now . . . fingers crossed, at least.

MaryAnn
Oh, it's great though, it must be going well because everything is so close to the end!

I still wonder, though, are there readings needed for Act III Chorus Members 3 & 4? Because I see them completed in there for 1, 2, 5 & 6 but not those two. :hmm:
Eva D
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hey guys,

I'd be happy to do section 4, Sargent Act 3.

Since my Colline is in acts 1, 2 & 4, but not act 3, there are only 3 lines he says, and I can do him in a different voice, I don't think it would cause any confusion.

Let me know if you want me to pick this up!

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've gone back and looked at the scripts and you are correct. Chorus members 1-6 are all in both Acts II and III. So, I've added sections to the MW to show that we need someone to read for Chorus Members 2 and 3 in both Acts II and III.

Thanks for catching that.

MaryAnn
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

NemoR wrote:Hey guys,

I'd be happy to do section 4, Sargent Act 3.

Since my Colline is in acts 1, 2 & 4, but not act 3, there are only 3 lines he says, and I can do him in a different voice, I don't think it would cause any confusion.

Let me know if you want me to pick this up!

Nemo
Thanks Nemo, I have assigned it to you.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you all!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 13 - Musetta Act 4

Very well done. There there is just one missed line. Here is where it occurs;

Between 1:21 and 1:24 (pg 49 of the text)
There is a line that is spoken to Rudolph "Sleeping?"
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 20, 21

PL OK
Anthony

GraceeKS

Post by GraceeKS »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:I've gone back and looked at the scripts and you are correct. Chorus members 1-6 are all in both Acts II and III. So, I've added sections to the MW to show that we need someone to read for Chorus Members 2 and 3 in both Acts II and III.

Thanks for catching that.

MaryAnn
Do you care about gender for the Chorus members? Because I'm interested in reading Chorus member 3... :D but alas I am a lady

Grace
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Do you care about gender for the Chorus members? Because I'm interested in reading Chorus member 3... :D but alas I am a lady

Grace
Hi Grace. I would be happy to assign that role to you! No problem. However, it appears you have not been added as a reader yet in Librivox. I see that you have done your 1 minute test, but I need to add you as a reader. For that I will need the following;

Username: Which I have :D
Name you wish credited: This could be your user name or another name if you like.

That's it. I will hold the sections in the meantime.

Thanks so much!
Anthony