COMPLETE [PLAY] La Bohème by Giacosa & etc.-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Anthony,

I don't see Chorus Members 3 and 4 in the MW. Is there something for those roles in the script?

MaryAnn
I took a look at the links to the text that were provided in the notes are of the mw for acts 2 and 3 chorus members. There are roles for Chorus members 3 and 4 in both of them. Is that what you were asking?
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Yes, that is what I was asking.

If there is a role for Chorus Member 3 and Chorus Member 4, then we need to add those roles to the MW so someone can claim and read them.

I was perplexed because I didn't see those roles in the MW - either open to be claimed, or completed and PL OK.

Am I missing something?

MaryAnn
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Yes, that is what I was asking.

If there is a role for Chorus Member 3 and Chorus Member 4, then we need to add those roles to the MW so someone can claim and read them.

I was perplexed because I didn't see those roles in the MW - either open to be claimed, or completed and PL OK.

Am I missing something?

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn!

As I was reading this for my role, I noticed in Act II, there are around 10 roles listed that I don't see in the MW:

Children, Mothers, Shopwomen, Students, Work Girls, Street Arabs, Citizens, Hawkers, Boys and Others.

Very confusing! .... I saw a text link for a Google doc and I see in that, that all of these roles are assigned to Chorus Members 1-6.

Don't know if that helps any!

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

NemoR is correct. I was confused too at first. I am sure that if Tortilla was still around to BC this there would have been far less confusion.

I do think we need to add Chorus members 3 and 4 to the mw. It may be that we just missed something somewhere, but I am pretty sure we did not. I will create the roles in the mw.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you both. The info is very helpful.

When there is a switch in BC, especially in a Dramatic Reading of some sort, there is often a bit of detective work involved to understand how the original BC structured the roles and make sure nothing has been missed. So all this is normal, sorry for the confusion, and glad that we caught the missing chorus members now (vs when it was time to edit parts together).

MaryAnn
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thanks Mary! I agree it is a good thing that this was found out now!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 08 - Alcindoro de Mitonneaux Act 2

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 17 - Schaunard Act 1

PL OK
Anthony

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 18 - Schaunard Act 2

Very well done. There are just two lines that were missed. Here is where they occur;

Between 2:45 and 2:49 (pg 30 of the text)
There is a line that is shared between Rud, Col, and Sch. "The bill!"

Between 3:29 and 3:31 (pg 31 of the text)
There is a line that is shared between Rud, Mar, Sch, and Col. "Yes, he will pay!"...I am counting this one as read, however,
the line is repeated 1 line later in the text, just between Sch and Col "Yes, he will pay!". So we can either use a copy of the already
read line, or you can read it again. I leave that up to you. Thanks!
Anthony

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you!
Anthony

GraceeKS

Post by GraceeKS »

Hi, are any chorus parts still available? I would love to contribute :)
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

GraceeKS wrote:Hi, are any chorus parts still available? I would love to contribute :)
Hi, Welcome to Librivox! Looks like you finished your 1 min test. Congratulations!

Thanks for your interest! Yes, there are chorus roles available in Act2 and 3. Just let me know which you would like and I will assign them.
Anthony

GraceeKS

Post by GraceeKS »

afutterer wrote:
GraceeKS wrote:Hi, are any chorus parts still available? I would love to contribute :)
Hi, Welcome to Librivox! Looks like you finished your 1 min test. Congratulations!

Thanks for your interest! Yes, there are chorus roles available in Act2 and 3. Just let me know which you would like and I will assign them.
Just to clarify, these are for parts marked "CHORUS", as well as other chorus type roles, or only for roles marked "CHORUS"?
Looking at the linked script, I can't seem to find line specifically for "CHORUS" in Act 2...I wasn't sure how you wanted to break up the other chorus roles like "Hawkers" and "Citizens" or if those parts are already assigned. I'm happy to read for some of them if they aren't already assigned. Either way I am game for Act 3!
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.