COMPLETE [PLAY] La Bohème by Giacosa & etc.-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

alanmapstone wrote:According to the MW the role of Narrator (section 0) has already been completed. This should include the Dramatis Personae, Synopsis and stage directions for all four acts. Normally the stage directions are read by someone not taking a role in the drama, otherwise it could be confusing.

You need to check what has been done already before someone spends time recording something that has already been done.

Mary Ann can probably advise on this.

Just trying to help.
Did you miss this?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

alanmapstone wrote:
alanmapstone wrote:According to the MW the role of Narrator (section 0) has already been completed. This should include the Dramatis Personae, Synopsis and stage directions for all four acts. Normally the stage directions are read by someone not taking a role in the drama, otherwise it could be confusing.

You need to check what has been done already before someone spends time recording something that has already been done.

Mary Ann can probably advise on this.

Just trying to help.
Did you miss this?
I did. Thanks! I will contact b right away.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

The Narrator read the play synopsis, not the stage directions.

Alan is correct, on a play, we usually have someone (not a character) read the stage directions. Let's add a role for "stage directions" for each of the acts and wait for someone to claim that.

bwieseler should then only read what the character actually says.

MaryAnn
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thanks for the clarification on the narrator role. There was another mistake...

The role of Rudolph that bweiseler had requested was already claimed by WiltedScribe, but that was only assigned in the main role category at the top of the list. It was never assigned in each act. Therefore I granted that role to bweiseler. After looking into it I was forced to pull that back. I contact bweiseler in a PM to let them know this was the case and ask if there was any other role they wish to claim from what is left.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Anthony. We are both learning as we go along.

I have not seen a MW set up this way before - with a section at the top and then sections again in each act. Usually I see the sections for all acts at the top until they are PL OK, then they are moved down below and out of sight, to await editing. So if you see something at the top, it is open for claim or not done yet, and if there is something down below, it is finished.

Would you like to change the structure of the MW to this? It might avoid confusion for both of us (and potential readers) going forward. I'm happy to make that change, or you can work on it by clicking and dragging all sections that are not PL OK to the top of the MW and grouping them by role.

MaryAnn
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi Mary. Thanks so much for your understanding! This is only the second "play" that I am working on so I have no real idea what to expect. Since this is moving along kind of slow historically, we do have a risk of another mistake, but there are not many roles left to claim... We could change the MW layout if you want. It would not bother me. However, I do not quite understand what you are describing so I think I would rather have you do it. I will leave the decision up to you. Just let me know.
Anthony

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK Anthony. I've rearranged the MW. I think it's easier to see now what roles are open (unclaimed) and what roles are claimed but not yet finished.

MaryAnn
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

ok. Thanks Mary!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

We have orphans! Musetta role, sections 8,9,10 have been orphaned.
Anthony

jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Time to put this baby to bed!

May I claim the role of Colline please? .... acts 1, 2 and 4

Thanks,

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

afutterer wrote:We have orphans! Musetta role, sections 8,9,10 have been orphaned.
Can I please take Musetta?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Anthony,

I don't see Chorus Members 3 and 4 in the MW. Is there something for those roles in the script?

MaryAnn
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you all!
Anthony