Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

BrianL, CC, My Librivox Page
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn,
There are lines missing from chapter 30 but I think they would be best if read by Mary / Sonia.
I called out for aid, and exclaimed against the barbarity of their proceedings.
'It is useless to listen to her,' said my father, 'you know what a mad woman will say!'
'Ay, we do,' replied the men, 'they are the cunningest devils we ever heard. We have seen enough of them to know that.'
To make the matter plain, I was seized, gagged, and thrust into a coach, and brought here, where I have remained ever since.

I do need from you: Old servant read by MA
Last edited by linny on May 9th, 2017, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

linny,

That's the chapters up to date, CH12, PL OK & the MW updated.

linny wrote:Chapter 12 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_dr_12_unknown_128kb.mp3 28:32

Patrick, all of your lines sounded fine for this chapter. Brian will likely get to your final section before I do. There is still another outstanding role on that one.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Brian! I'll have another couple of chapters here soon for whenever you have more free time. Enjoy your day! :)
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

linny

Post by linny »

Brian, here are more completed chapters ready for PL
Chapter 3 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_dr_03_unknown_128kb.mp3 20:58
Chapter 8 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_dr_08_unknown_128kb.mp3 24:18
Chapter 10 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_dr_10_unknown_128kb.mp3 32:19
Chapter 11 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_dr_11_unknown_128kb.mp3 22:58

Chapter 8
I believe there is an error in the color coding for Citizens 1 and 2 but I’ll see if you notice it and think it should be corrected.

~18:06 Should these lines also be Citizen 1?
'I will insist on seeing them; give them to me,' he said, 'or you do not leave this place.'
'I will not,' said Sweeney.
'You must. Here, help me - but I don't want help, I can do it by myself.'
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Tomas and Linny!
MaryAnn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Linny
linny wrote:There are lines missing from chapter 30 but I think they would be best if read by Mary / Sonia.
I called out for aid, and exclaimed against the barbarity of their proceedings.
'It is useless to listen to her,' said my father, 'you know what a mad woman will say!'
'Ay, we do,' replied the men, 'they are the cunningest devils we ever heard. We have seen enough of them to know that.'
To make the matter plain, I was seized, gagged, and thrust into a coach, and brought here, where I have remained ever since.
well, I don't mind reading those lines, but I would have another suggestion, because:

> 1. my sound will be completely different (better) now, and that will be extremely disturbing
and
> 2. if I remember correctly the father's speech (right above the men) was done by another reader, right ? Or did I read that as well ?

therefore I would suggest, that another male reader would do the men in this part. This is my suggestion. But if you and MaryAnn still think I'd better do it, then I will.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Sonia, I understand. That would be a nice option and fit in well. What do you think, MaryAnn? Can we find one more voice? :hmm:
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

linny wrote:Sonia, I understand. That would be a nice option and fit in well. Now to find one more voice. :hmm:
Linny, you just need that one line read?

I could do that quickly (I'm not in this chapter) and send it back.

Since it's just "the men", I see no reason to read an attribute 1st for just this line - "The Men", read by Nemo ... seems silly.

Nemo
Nemo

linny

Post by linny »

Nemo,
If you're willing to record the line I'm certainly not going to harass you for a voice credit. I don't think it's a rule that you have to contribute a voice credit. MaryAnn will let us know if I'm wrong.
Thank you!
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

linny wrote:Nemo,
If you're willing to record the line I'm certainly not going to harass you for a voice credit. I don't think it's a rule that you have to contribute a voice credit. MaryAnn will let us know if I'm wrong.
Thank you!

here you go! ... all of 0:16 long ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_themen_30.mp3

Nemo
Nemo

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I'm traveling this week, so only checking in now and then, but I am totally on board with this resolution. Great way to solve a problem as a team!
MaryAnn