FULL (DR) The Story of The Treasure Seekers (dramatic version)- rr

Plays and other dramatic works
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

The Story of The Treasure Seekers , by E. Nesbit (1858 - 1924)
The Bastables are second to none when it comes to thinking up ways to restore a fallen family fortune, but when their well-meant attempts provide more fun than finance, they know they are beaten. However, things take a turn for the better and the 6 children find them selves in much happier circumstances. (Summary by llamaart )
Source text (Do not use this text! Please use script links only!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/770

Link to script (Please, please do NOT edit!!!): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YwibiSwwVAlE5esJErF2oDvZ0KOzieqY?usp=sharing

Bc: llamaart
Parts and final DPL: llamaart
Editor: kristakz
Narrator: Kalamareader
MC: redrun

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Please note: All parts in this project will be gender neutral!!!
I have given the age of a few of the characters to help you cast appropriately. :D
Minor parts are welcome to double role.

Claiming roles: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you would like to record.
Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: Dramatic Readings

Keywords that describe the book: realistic childrens adventure

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

For individual roles:
Submit one file per act. At the beginning of the first file, say:
"Character, read by your name."
Leave 3-5 seconds of space between your lines (room noise, not generated silence).

For narration/stage directions:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of The Story of The Treasure Seekers , by E. Nesbit. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
At the end of each file say:
"End of chapter #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Story of The Treasure Seekers , by E. Nesbit."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename:
For individual roles: storyofthetreasureseekers_role_##.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. storyofthetresureseekers_romeo_01.mp3)
For final files: storyofthetreasureseekers_##_nesbit_128kb.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. storyofthetreasureseekers_01_nesbit_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: redrun

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by llamaart on January 7th, 2024, 12:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
In God I trust.
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

I'm interested in being the narrator unless that is meant for someone else.
Marie😁
Marie Christian
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

mariechristian wrote: May 31st, 2022, 7:49 pm I'm interested in being the narrator unless that is meant for someone else.
Marie😁
Thanks! But right now, I have no MC or MW. And the narrator in this DR is a guy, but if I can't get the right one, I will let you know you can have it! :D
In God I trust.
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

llamaart wrote: June 1st, 2022, 3:48 am
mariechristian wrote: May 31st, 2022, 7:49 pm I'm interested in being the narrator unless that is meant for someone else.
Marie😁
Thanks! But right now, I have no MC or MW. And the narrator in this DR is a guy, but if I can't get the right one, I will let you know you can have it! :D

Got it! It's funny, but the way it's written, you can't tell the gender of the narrator character!
Marie Christian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hi! I see you're a relatively new member.

Dramatic readings are HARD work and require a long time commitment (sometimes more than a year). Are you prepared for that?

Do you have scripts prepared?
Are you going to do the editing? If not, do you have someone lined up?
Do you have your narrator lined up?
How many sections do you need for the MW? (This cannot be set up until you determine this.)

Please read the Good Practice Guidelines for Dramatic Works, which discusses all these details and requirements: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44647
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

I am going to get a narrator, I have scripts, I need 46 sections for the MW, And I will not be doing the editing because I am not quite sure how, and I don't have someone set up to do this.
Thanks Allie :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
In God I trust.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

llamaart wrote: June 1st, 2022, 8:41 am I am going to get a narrator, I have scripts, I need 46 sections for the MW, And I will not be doing the editing because I am not quite sure how, and I don't have someone set up to do this.
Thanks Allie :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The editing is the hard and tedious part. You'll need to learn how or secure a reliable editor for your project. Finding a narrator will be easy compared with this.

My two cents. (And I sincerely wish you the world of luck. This looks like a fun project.)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I should have asked you in my first response but have you ever used the MW before?
DR projects need much juggling with it as it was never coded to cope with lots of little bits needing joining together. I couldn't see that you had even done a Solo.
If I am right - your best plan would be to put this on hold, and act as book coordinator for something much simpler but just as worthwhile as a dramatic work.

Anne
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

annise wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:43 pm I should have asked you in my first response but have you ever used the MW before?
DR projects need much juggling with it as it was never coded to cope with lots of little bits needing joining together. I couldn't see that you had even done a Solo.
If I am right - your best plan would be to put this on hold, and act as book coordinator for something much simpler but just as worthwhile as a dramatic work.

Anne
I have never used a MW before, but I have read all the posts saying how to, and pretty much know how.

Allie
In God I trust.
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

I think I have an editor! :)

Allie
In God I trust.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

llamaart wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 11:10 am I think I have an editor! :)

Allie
I'm in :) I know it's a big job, but I loved the editing part of the 1 act plays I did, so I'm happy to take this on. Hopefully you can find a narrator and DPL willing to jump in.

I also saw Anne's post above. If you decide to tackle something smaller first, I'll still be around when you are ready to kick this off :thumbs:
Krista
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Thanks so much! I am going to be DPLing this project!

Allie
In God I trust.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We are going to put this project on hold for you until you have had some BC experience.
BCing can be very rewarding but it can also be frustrating. So I'll make sure all the offers you have had are also kept and suggest you look for something you would like to read as a solo - something not too long and not too short

Anne
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

OK! If I do a solo of The Story of the Treasure Seekers with just my mom and sister, would it still be considered a solo. After I do this can we continue with this project?

PS Even though my mom and sister are doing it I will be BCing.

Allie
In God I trust.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I just suggested a Solo because you have more control about how long it takes - everyone is a volunteer and it can take a long time to get the last chapters in :roll:
I am assuming you are suggesting a straight-out reading from the text, with one person reading the complete chapter? If so that would be fine - you would just need to set up a group and claim all the chapters. Your family would need to both register so they can be credited.
So you would need to set up a new group template with the number of sections equal to the book chapters and post it in the launch pad
And state that all chapters are claimed.

And this DR will be stored until you are ready.

Anne