FULL [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
linny
Posts: 9869
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 21st, 2018, 6:46 am

pyledriver wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 9:57 pm
The line is there now. Getting a consistent sound in my recordings continues to elude me :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_raskolnikov_12.mp3
It sounds consistent to me. :thumbs: Last line is now there.

I listened to the entire track since you commented about consistency. Were you aware of this word change? I'm not sure if it changes intent so I'll leave it to you and the BC to decide if it should be changed.

1:15 Raskolnikov: "Why, carry out logically the theory you were advocating just now, and it follows that people may be killed..."
Read as advancing

pyledriver
Posts: 166
Joined: July 10th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Post by pyledriver » January 21st, 2018, 1:04 pm

linny wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:46 am

1:15 Raskolnikov: "Why, carry out logically the theory you were advocating just now, and it follows that people may be killed..."
Read as advancing
Oops. Still makes sense, though. Should I change it?

linny
Posts: 9869
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 25th, 2018, 9:05 am

pyledriver wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 1:04 pm
linny wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:46 am

1:15 Raskolnikov: "Why, carry out logically the theory you were advocating just now, and it follows that people may be killed..."
Read as advancing
Oops. Still makes sense, though. Should I change it?
I'm going to leave that up to you and Mary to decide. I just listen and point things out. :wink:

linny
Posts: 9869
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 25th, 2018, 9:06 am

Mary,
Is Kristin still editing this for you or do you want some extra help?

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:17 pm

SweetPea wrote:
January 1st, 2018, 11:35 am
I'll take Young Man and Prisoner 2 (assuming it's okay for the bit parts to be gender neutral) :)
All yours! Thanks, and sorry for the delay!
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:27 pm

SherlHolmesMD wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 12:15 pm
Sorry it took so long :(

Porter 3 (0:31)

Older Workman (3:06)

Edit: I just realized I inverted the order of information regarding the naming convention of the files. (I was uploading them when the forum was down so I couldn't look it up.) Let me know if I need to rename and upload them again. Sorry!
Thank you!
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:29 pm

antoinia37 wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 3:42 pm
Hello!
I'm a new volunteer and I would be interested in pl-ing for this project! If possible, I'd really like to become the DPL for the project, but I think it would be better to see that I'm a good fit first.

Please let me know if this suits you!
-Annie
Awesome! Linny's been kind of unofficial PL, so just make sure to communicate with her so you don't do the same sections. Thanks for the help!
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:31 pm

Kalilei wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 10:29 am
Wrapping up Svidrigailov with Ch 37 at 11:08:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeanpunishment_svidrigailov_37.mp3
Thank you!
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:32 pm

linny wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 9:31 am
Kalilei wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 10:29 am
Wrapping up Svidrigailov with Ch 37 at 11:08:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeanpunishment_svidrigailov_37.mp3
36 – Part 6, chapter 5
1:32 missing word - I’m torn as to if this changes intent or is confusing so I’ll leave it to you and the BC to determine if it needs to be changed.
I charmed the old lady by depositing a sum of money with her to provide for the three children of Katerina Ivanovna and subscribing to the institution as well.


37 – Part 5, chapter 6
4:33 page 6 missing line - Svidrigailov: "It must be a nice place,"

Notes
1) The link for 37 is not in the MW.
2) There is a missing narrator line on page 3. Well, now good-bye." (He got up.) "My greetings to Rodion Romanovitch. (reader included)
Thanks, linny!
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:38 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 10:31 am
Thanks Linny!
linny wrote: 2) There is a missing narrator line on page 3. Well, now good-bye." (He got up.) "My greetings to Rodion Romanovitch. (reader included)
linny wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 10:27 am
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 10:24 am
I'm confused by this. You mean the script needs to be changed to show this as a narrator line?
That is correct. The author hid it in the middle of dialog and it wasn't noticed when the scripts were made.
Mary - you will need to record this line.
MaryAnn
Thank you, here it is, and I'm adding it to MW:


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_narrator_03_missingline.mp3
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:39 pm

linny wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 9:05 am
pyledriver wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 1:04 pm
linny wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:46 am

1:15 Raskolnikov: "Why, carry out logically the theory you were advocating just now, and it follows that people may be killed..."
Read as advancing
Oops. Still makes sense, though. Should I change it?
I'm going to leave that up to you and Mary to decide. I just listen and point things out. :wink:
I think this is fine.
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:40 pm

linny wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 9:06 am
Mary,
Is Kristin still editing this for you or do you want some extra help?
I would LOVE the help! She is not. Thank you!
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Whew. Thanks to all, but especially MaryAnn and linny. I'm sorry I've been off the map. I had some personal and work stuff come up in the last month that has made life crazier than usual. I'm sorry. :oops:
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

linny
Posts: 9869
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 25th, 2018, 2:45 pm

HoosierMary wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 2:40 pm
linny wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 9:06 am
Mary,
Is Kristin still editing this for you or do you want some extra help?
I would LOVE the help! She is not. Thank you!
Ok, I’ll likely start claiming some chapter on Monday. When you have a chance maybe you could take her out of the MW so I don’t feel as if I’m stepping on her toes? :shock:

I hope things are calming down for you. Glad to see you back.

HoosierMary
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » January 25th, 2018, 2:55 pm

linny wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 2:45 pm
When you have a chance maybe you could take her out of the MW so I don’t feel as if I’m stepping on her toes? :shock:
Can I do this? Or does it have to be the MC?
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

Post Reply