FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
acholcom
Posts: 14
Joined: January 18th, 2021, 11:23 am

Post by acholcom » January 22nd, 2021, 12:04 pm

Kristingj wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 2:23 am
acholcom wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:11 pm
HI, I'm interested in narrating volume 5!
Great! I will be PL'ing the first couple of chapters you submit, and then wait until you have it all done, so that I don't do a lot of unneeded work if you withdraw. Remember to have a look at any pronounciations you might not be sure about, and if in doubt, and it's nnot on a list here, feel free to ask:)
Will do!

KnightWriter
Posts: 18
Joined: October 21st, 2020, 1:51 pm

Post by KnightWriter » January 26th, 2021, 4:56 pm

Kristingj wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 4:30 am
Just had a listen to narrator chapter 74, and it's great:) There are a couple of changes needed, I'll give you the timeslots beneath. It's mostly the way you pronounce some of the words, but other than that, great job, and a great reading:D.
About the background noise, did you run a noise clean? I ran over once, and it all cleared out, so it shouldn't be a problem. The file was also the correct size when I downloaded, so no problem there.

02:08, 06:49 - Pronounciation "Pere-la-Chaise" - Should be more like this: https://forvo.com/word/p%C3%A8re_lachaise/#fr
03:45 - Pronounciation "d'Avrigny" - More like this: https://forvo.com/search/d'avrigny/
08:38, 09:39 - Pronounciation "d'Epinay" - More like this: https://forvo.com/search/d'epinay/
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_74.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_75.flac

I know you said I shouldn't apologize, but I must! haha So, I think I got these down. I do apologize for the delay. I've had a rough few weeks, but I'm okay I promise! :D I've been recording additional chapters when I find the time. I'll see if I can't upload the other chapters, though I do suspect I'll have to do some retakes on D'avrigny and the gang lol

All right. Let me know if these work! :D

KnightWriter
Posts: 18
Joined: October 21st, 2020, 1:51 pm

Post by KnightWriter » January 26th, 2021, 5:37 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_76.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_77.flac

Let's see if these work this time. I'm prepared to retake a lot of stuff here now that I have a better idea how to pronounce D'avrigny and D'epinay :lol:

AndrewWhite
Posts: 36
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Post by AndrewWhite » January 27th, 2021, 7:46 am

May I read Section 2--President2?
Thank you,
AndrewWhite

Kristingj
Posts: 4663
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 27th, 2021, 1:36 pm

KnightWriter wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 5:37 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_76.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_77.flac

Let's see if these work this time. I'm prepared to retake a lot of stuff here now that I have a better idea how to pronounce D'avrigny and D'epinay :lol:
Great, thanks!

Kristingj
Posts: 4663
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 27th, 2021, 1:36 pm

AndrewWhite wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 7:46 am
May I read Section 2--President2?
Thank you,
AndrewWhite

All yours:)

acholcom
Posts: 14
Joined: January 18th, 2021, 11:23 am

Post by acholcom » January 29th, 2021, 11:47 pm

Kristingj wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 2:23 am
acholcom wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:11 pm
HI, I'm interested in narrating volume 5!
Great! I will be PL'ing the first couple of chapters you submit, and then wait until you have it all done, so that I don't do a lot of unneeded work if you withdraw. Remember to have a look at any pronounciations you might not be sure about, and if in doubt, and it's nnot on a list here, feel free to ask:)
Sorry for the late reply, will be starting it soon. One question though- you have me marked down for several chapters of volume 4. Was that a mistake in the assignments, or...? I see you already have someone narrating that volume.

Kristingj
Posts: 4663
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 30th, 2021, 1:17 am

acholcom wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Kristingj wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 2:23 am
acholcom wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:11 pm
HI, I'm interested in narrating volume 5!
Great! I will be PL'ing the first couple of chapters you submit, and then wait until you have it all done, so that I don't do a lot of unneeded work if you withdraw. Remember to have a look at any pronounciations you might not be sure about, and if in doubt, and it's nnot on a list here, feel free to ask:)
Sorry for the late reply, will be starting it soon. One question though- you have me marked down for several chapters of volume 4. Was that a mistake in the assignments, or...? I see you already have someone narrating that volume.
Oh, obs, yes, that's a mistake, sorry:P

acholcom
Posts: 14
Joined: January 18th, 2021, 11:23 am

Post by acholcom » January 30th, 2021, 11:52 am

Kristingj wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 1:17 am
acholcom wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Kristingj wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 2:23 am


Great! I will be PL'ing the first couple of chapters you submit, and then wait until you have it all done, so that I don't do a lot of unneeded work if you withdraw. Remember to have a look at any pronounciations you might not be sure about, and if in doubt, and it's nnot on a list here, feel free to ask:)
Sorry for the late reply, will be starting it soon. One question though- you have me marked down for several chapters of volume 4. Was that a mistake in the assignments, or...? I see you already have someone narrating that volume.
Oh, obs, yes, that's a mistake, sorry:P
You're good I just wanted to make sure!

jmhazen2015
Posts: 7
Joined: November 29th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Post by jmhazen2015 » February 2nd, 2021, 9:40 pm

Hi Kristin

Sorry it's been awhile. I'm still interesting in reading the count of Monte Cristo. Here is my audio test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/LIBRIVOX_TEST_4.mp3
Which chapter should I do?
Judy MH

Kristingj
Posts: 4663
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » February 3rd, 2021, 1:09 am

jmhazen2015 wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 9:40 pm
Hi Kristin

Sorry it's been awhile. I'm still interesting in reading the count of Monte Cristo. Here is my audio test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/LIBRIVOX_TEST_4.mp3

Judy MH
Hi, you need to post the test in this forum: viewforum.php?f=21
And here is the faq to how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=318669#p318669

They'll help you out there:)
Which chapter should I do?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. You can see in the mw which chapters you signed up for, which is vol 2, which means 28-47

jmhazen2015
Posts: 7
Joined: November 29th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Post by jmhazen2015 » February 5th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Kristin...is it better to read one character at a time & then splice the recording together so the character voices are consistent ir just read it through together in which case the character voices may not be consistent?

benderca
Posts: 1854
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » February 6th, 2021, 10:06 am

jmhazen2015 wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 9:40 pm
Hi Kristin

Sorry it's been awhile. I'm still interesting in reading the count of Monte Cristo. Here is my audio test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/LIBRIVOX_TEST_4.mp3
Judy MH
Hi Judy,

Maybe I can assist you. First of all, I see you have recorded a test, but you don't need to post it here in this forum, but you need to post it over in the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum. I see you haven't done that yet, so that is your first step.
Check out this page here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording


What you need to do is to go over to the Listeners & Editors Wanted Forum - Click this link here:

viewforum.php?f=21


Then at the top, just under the title, Listeners & Editors Wanted, you can see a tab: New Topic

Click New Topic and write a message introducing yourself and post the link for your 1-minute test there.

Then someone will come along and listen to your recording and give you tips on how to adjust your settings.

When you've passed your one-minute test over there, then come back here and join in!

1-Minute Test Instructions (check numbers 3 and 4):
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

jmhazen2015 wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 10:19 pm
Kristin...is it better to read one character at a time & then splice the recording together so the character voices are consistent ir just read it through together in which case the character voices may not be consistent?
jmhazen2015 wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 9:40 pm
Which chapter should I do?
You've signed up to read the narrator part for Chapters 28-47 (in the magic window, sections 28-47 currently, but this will change). You read ONLY the narrator part -- NOT ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. Most of them have already been recorded and will be edited together into one file later. So for example, for Chapter 28, you can currently find the script file in Section 342 of the Magic Window, under "Link to text". Click the link and you can find the script.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lOfzJMLHD_u61M6T4T3S8KWeeDQQTNFN5ldlKkGsio8/edit#heading=h.81e6sbikauuv

You read only the black Narrator text. Don't read any of the color-coded character parts. Leave 3 seconds' pause whenever a character speaks, for example:

Narrator: Volume Two of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Narrated by…

Chapter 28 of The Count of Monte Cristo. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Chapter 28. The Prison Register.

The day after that in which the scene we have just described had taken place on the road between Bellegarde and Beaucaire, a man of about thirty or two and thirty, dressed in a bright blue frock coat, nankeen trousers, and a white waistcoat, having the appearance and accent of an Englishman, presented himself before the mayor of Marseilles.


[3 seconds pause]

said he,

[3 seconds pause]

replied the mayor.

...and so on.


Please submit a separate file for each chapter.
Your files will be entitled: montecristo_narrator_28.flac
and so on. (See instructions on page 1 of this project).


Have fun,
TJ

Kristingj
Posts: 4663
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » February 6th, 2021, 11:48 am

Thanks, TJ!

benderca
Posts: 1854
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » February 15th, 2021, 6:36 am

Maximilien Morrel, Chapter 90:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_maximilianmorrel_090.flac


This is really dramatic stuff going on here... If this project ever gets finished, I'm going to enjoy listening to the whole story. :lol: (I've never read the book).

Post Reply