~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:08 pm Here we have Max, Chapter 88:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_maximilianmorrel_088.flac
Thanks!

I think that is everything, if I missed anyones post, please ket me know:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristin,

Abbe Faria is now in the "Ready for PL" state, and I was wondering if I might do "A Paper" in Chapter 85? And I assume that you would like it in a French Accent since it seems to be from a French paper.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. When I first looked at the part I read 'pauper' and when I found the part it made no sense at all. Then I looked again and figured it out. :oops:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: October 13th, 2020, 8:18 pm Kristin,

Abbe Faria is now in the "Ready for PL" state, and I was wondering if I might do "A Paper" in Chapter 85? And I assume that you would like it in a French Accent since it seems to be from a French paper.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. When I first looked at the part I read 'pauper' and when I found the part it made no sense at all. Then I looked again and figured it out. :oops:
If you think you can make it sound different enough, sure:)
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristingj wrote: October 20th, 2020, 8:33 am

Thanks,

Wayne

Kristin,

Trying to help move this along, here is "a paper" chapter 85

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_apaper_85.flac

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 8:50 pm
Kristingj wrote: October 20th, 2020, 8:33 am

Thanks,

Wayne

Kristin,

Trying to help move this along, here is "a paper" chapter 85

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_apaper_85.flac

Thanks,

Wayne
Great, thanks! I've had to work extra the last few weeks, so I haven't had time to sit down with the PL , but I'll try and get to it this weekend.
Kristin

ellisadvantage

Post by ellisadvantage »

Hi! I would like to perform these two small parts, please.

1 Doctor 1 Chapter 19
2 Servant 4 Chapter 93
Please send me the scripts.
Thank you!
benderca

Post by benderca »

ellisadvantage wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:10 am Hi! I would like to perform these two small parts, please.

1 Doctor 1 Chapter 19
2 Servant 4 Chapter 93
Thank you!
If you scroll WAAAAAY down, you can find the links to the chapter scripts. Currently, Chapter 19 script is in Section 317, but I'll paste the link here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p7eQ9UWkxipK3Fs0geNsmyVGgX55MqtKY-FlHGRx6_Q/edit#heading=h.igbi0mni8ui9

And Chapter 93 is currently linked in Section 778, but I'll post the link here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2RN0fvLLSVswJtGCTMGeXnKpMgnceyMFqTi9iEVM9k/edit#heading=h.7icbkmebd2rd

By the way, it doesn't look like you've submitted your 1-minute test (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test) to make sure your settings are correct for Librivox. You'll also need to choose a name for your catalogue page. Check out this Newbie Guide to Recording:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Happy reading!
TJ

P.S. I'm not book coordinator on this project, so I won't be able to sign you up or set up your catalogue page, but you can go ahead and do your 1-minute test, and post your catalogue name here, and Kristin will come along and sign you up.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kiristin,

I am sorry, but I am going to retract my offer to do the narration I offered to do in the PM I sent you. Unlike many, I only do one or maybe two readings at a time so I can get them in in a timely fashion. I don't want to not be reading anything for extended times because of long waits to responses to posts or IMs. I, of course, will be monitoring this forum for responses to the sections I have already done that are in the PL ready or spot PL status. Thanks for all your work.

Wayne
Wayne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

ellisadvantage wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:10 am Hi! I would like to perform these two small parts, please.

1 Doctor 1 Chapter 19
2 Servant 4 Chapter 93
Thank you!
Hi, s TJ mentioned, you can find teh scripts either in the mw, or they are gathered in one folder that you can find the link to in the first post. I'll reserve those for you until you've cleared the 1-min test.
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:58 am Kiristin,

I am sorry, but I am going to retract my offer to do the narration I offered to do in the PM I sent you. Unlike many, I only do one or maybe two readings at a time so I can get them in in a timely fashion. I don't want to not be reading anything for extended times because of long waits to responses to posts or IMs. I, of course, will be monitoring this forum for responses to the sections I have already done that are in the PL ready or spot PL status. Thanks for all your work.

Wayne
That's okay! Sorry for not responding to it, as I mentioned, I've been bogged down right now, and didn't get any time last week to log in. Thanks for the offer, though!
Kristin

ellisadvantage

Post by ellisadvantage »

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

ellisadvantage wrote: November 5th, 2020, 12:23 pm Please see my one minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Phil_Elllis_-_ellisadvantage_-_One_Minute_Test.mp3
Post it here: viewforum.php?f=21
and someone will come along to help you:)
Kristin

ellisadvantage

Post by ellisadvantage »

I have posted my one minute test here. Am I approved? I have recorded the small parts as well. If I am missing something somehow please let me know.
Thanks
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

ellisadvantage wrote: November 10th, 2020, 9:25 am I have posted my one minute test here. Am I approved? I have recorded the small parts as well. If I am missing something somehow please let me know.
Thanks
If you look at my post above, you will see that you have to post in that forum, not here. There are people there who will approve or not. Here is a direct link to how you can post a test recording: viewtopic.php?p=318669#p318669
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Porter 2 and A paper are both PL OK!

Abbe Faria
Chapter 15 - PL OK!
Chapter 16
06:40 - The word Ruler gets swallowed up.
08:05 - " and I consider " gets swallowed
13:16 - "Escape" sounds more like scoop
Kristin