OPEN[DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 17th, 2020, 12:07 am

JT68 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 6:28 pm
Magistrate 1 shows open. Will claim.

Merci beaucoup (sp?)..bah...thanks! :)

JT
Hi, that is a grouped role, meaning you have to claim all four Magistrate 1/ Captain Leclere / Doctor 1 / Servant 4. Do you still want it?
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 17th, 2020, 12:09 am

The Abbe Faria has been orphaned, as we were missing one chapter, and its been 3 months without a sound from Aaron
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 17th, 2020, 12:46 am

PL

Duke of Blacas:

Chapter 10-
05:05 - missing the start of the sentence, a 'No', and as it is the answer to a question, we need it in.

Chapter11 - PL OK!

Ali Tepelini - PL OK!

Driver -
00:25, 00:37, - Pronounciation of francs, see here: https://forvo.com/search/francs/ (doesn't have to be that severe, just closer to french than american;))

Marshal Bertrand / An old nobelman - Both PL OK!
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 17th, 2020, 1:13 am

PL
Sterne / Sage 1 / - PL OK!

Magistrate 2
- You have read the part of Notary 2, which is allready read by someone else, and haven't read the lines of the Magistrate at the end of the chapter.

Valet de chambre 2 / Jailor 2 / Postilion 2 - PL OK!

Albert Chapter 33 - PL OK!
Last edited by Kristingj on February 17th, 2020, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 17th, 2020, 1:24 am

chulsky wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 7:41 pm
Posting two shorts (Sec.120 and 122) before tackling the bigger ones:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_pastrini_32.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_pastrini_34.flac

Constructive criticism requested, please! I tried some Italian accent, but not sure how good it came out.
Also I did not work with FLACs for a while, the Checker didn't like them.
Thank you!
Hi! These are both PL OK! The accent works perfectly fine, though it's not needed for this project, so it's completely voluntary to do it. It does sound Italian for the most part, though it sometimes slides into Russian-ish accent. It works as it is if you want go continue with it:)

Also, be aware that you have a massive chapter coming along, where you tell a loooong story, and when we do accents over longer stretches, they tend to slip a little. So make sure to put in breaks fro yourself, where you stop and and find the accent again. I find that easier myself, at least.
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

JT68
Posts: 65
Joined: January 9th, 2020, 1:57 pm
Location: South Texas, USA

Post by JT68 » February 17th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Kristingj wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:07 am
JT68 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 6:28 pm
Magistrate 1 shows open. Will claim.

Merci beaucoup (sp?)..bah...thanks! :)

JT
Hi, that is a grouped role, meaning you have to claim all four Magistrate 1/ Captain Leclere / Doctor 1 / Servant 4. Do you still want it?
Should be fine with that. Just need to find the correct parts.

Thanks
JT

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 18th, 2020, 12:18 am

JT68 wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 9:00 pm
Kristingj wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:07 am
JT68 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 6:28 pm
Magistrate 1 shows open. Will claim.

Merci beaucoup (sp?)..bah...thanks! :)

JT
Hi, that is a grouped role, meaning you have to claim all four Magistrate 1/ Captain Leclere / Doctor 1 / Servant 4. Do you still want it?
Should be fine with that. Just need to find the correct parts.

Thanks
JT
It's yours:)
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

linny
Posts: 12742
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 18th, 2020, 11:33 am

Chapter 1 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_001_dumas_128kb.mp3 17:12

Lynette is going to read the narrator portion for the DP. :D

LCaulkins
Posts: 1332
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » February 18th, 2020, 1:36 pm

~Lynette in Colorado, USA - taking 4/2 off to indulge in quarantine blues. See you tomorrow!
My Sections
Readers needed: Afghan Wars 1878-80 The Red Reign
Let's finish for Elizabby: :hearts: Regiment of Women
DR - Count of Monte Cristo

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 19th, 2020, 12:34 am

Thank you both!
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

linny
Posts: 12742
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 19th, 2020, 6:25 am

linny wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 11:33 am
Chapter 1 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_001_dumas_128kb.mp3 17:12

Lynette is going to read the narrator portion for the DP. :D
Chapter 1 was posted as PL OK. :?

The cast list won't be ready for PL for a VERY long time. I'll post drafts of it throughout the remainder of the project, keeping it in FLAC until the end.

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 19th, 2020, 6:34 am

linny wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 6:25 am
linny wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 11:33 am
Chapter 1 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_001_dumas_128kb.mp3 17:12

Lynette is going to read the narrator portion for the DP. :D
Chapter 1 was posted as PL OK. :?

The cast list won't be ready for PL for a VERY long time. I'll post drafts of it throughout the remainder of the project, keeping it in FLAC until the end.
Obs, forgot to post that I did the PL:P It is PL OK;)

:thumbs: Just let me knwo when it's ready to go.
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

linny
Posts: 12742
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 20th, 2020, 9:57 am

Kristin,
I won't be able to edit for you between April 12th through May 3rd. My husband will be home on leave from Iraq during that time and I'll be cutting down on LV duties while he is home.

Kristingj
Posts: 4494
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » February 20th, 2020, 10:06 am

linny wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 9:57 am
Kristin,
I won't be able to edit for you between April 12th through May 3rd. My husband will be home on leave from Iraq during that time and I'll be cutting down on LV duties while he is home.
Of course! Thanks for letting me know<3
Kristin
Take care of yourself! Wash your hands and practice social distancing right now. Take the time to relax and wind down if you can. <3

Help us finish!
The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - One major part just opened up!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3015
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 20th, 2020, 11:56 am

Just to let you know, I'm currently trying to recover my health a bit, so it may be a little while before I get any more chapters sent in. We'll see.

Post Reply