OPEN[DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
pmstrahm
Posts: 57
Joined: December 24th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Post by pmstrahm » July 5th, 2018, 5:55 pm

hey


here is the file with parenthesis off
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_alitepelini_77.flac 3:19

thank u
pistol pete, CC

pmstrahm
Posts: 57
Joined: December 24th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Post by pmstrahm » July 6th, 2018, 10:30 am

hey

i would like to read sections 151 through 160 with the exception of section 159 since that would be the same chapter as section 153. i guess that works it was my understanding that i could do more than one voice just not in the same chapter.

thank u
pistol pete, CC

deakle
Posts: 46
Joined: July 7th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Post by deakle » July 14th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Hi Kristin—I just finished uploading my three chapters of The Well at the World's End today, and I might be interested taking a small part in The Count of Monte Cristo. I'm a bit confused, though, about how the recordings are to be done, since you're doing the characters separately. Does one record only the words of the characters, with space for expository bits to be edited in? Or should the whole section be read with expository bits, and perhaps other characters words, to be edited out, for the sake of continuity? I'm also finding it hard to locate specific sections with the links provided. For instance I was thinking of taking the role of "turnkey 1." He appears in chapters 14, 15, and 19, but it's not clear of which part, and I couldn't find those chapter numbers for any part in the link provided to the text.
Thanks for your advice.

David

deakle
Posts: 46
Joined: July 7th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Post by deakle » July 15th, 2018, 12:12 am

Hi again, Kristin—I did find the links to the text, so

XavierJ
Posts: 2
Joined: July 18th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Post by XavierJ » July 19th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Hi there! I’m brand new to this so I’m still figuring it out. This is one of my favorite stories and I’d love to help out. I notice that some chapters have yet to be assigned, but it seems like recordings are assigned by character not chapter? I’d be glad to take care of chapters 151-154, (or really any section) but I’m not sure how to sign up. Can you help me?

Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 21st, 2018, 1:41 am

deakle wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Hi Kristin—I just finished uploading my three chapters of The Well at the World's End today, and I might be interested taking a small part in The Count of Monte Cristo. I'm a bit confused, though, about how the recordings are to be done, since you're doing the characters separately. Does one record only the words of the characters, with space for expository bits to be edited in? Or should the whole section be read with expository bits, and perhaps other characters words, to be edited out, for the sake of continuity? I'm also finding it hard to locate specific sections with the links provided. For instance I was thinking of taking the role of "turnkey 1." He appears in chapters 14, 15, and 19, but it's not clear of which part, and I couldn't find those chapter numbers for any part in the link provided to the text.
Thanks for your advice.

David
Sorry, didn't get to notification. Yes, you only read what your part says, not the things on between. The text can be found in the first post or in the mw. Turnkey 1 was claimed right before you though, so you'll need to pi k something else
Last edited by Kristingj on July 21st, 2018, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 21st, 2018, 1:41 am

pmstrahm wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 5:55 pm
hey


here is the file with parenthesis off
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_alitepelini_77.flac 3:19

thank u
Thanks! I'm on my phone for the weekend, but I'll add it to the mw when I get home.

Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 21st, 2018, 1:44 am

pmstrahm wrote:
July 6th, 2018, 10:30 am
hey

i would like to read sections 151 through 160 with the exception of section 159 since that would be the same chapter as section 153. i guess that works it was my understanding that i could do more than one voice just not in the same chapter.

thank u
HI, you can get 151 through 158. 159&160 are the same part and should be read by the same person.

Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 21st, 2018, 1:48 am

XavierJ wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 5:20 pm
Hi there! I’m brand new to this so I’m still figuring it out. This is one of my favorite stories and I’d love to help out. I notice that some chapters have yet to be assigned, but it seems like recordings are assigned by character not chapter? I’d be glad to take care of chapters 151-154, (or really any section) but I’m not sure how to sign up. Can you help me?
HI, and welcome to Librivox! Yes, this is a dramatic reading, so it's assigned by parts. Those parts were just claimed, but anything open is free to claim. You just post here that you wish to claim it and then I'll assign it to you.

I'm gone for the weekend, and on my phone, but I'll give you a little more detailed information when I get home.


Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » August 17th, 2018, 5:47 am

Thank you! (and apology for being so late, saw it in the middle of my vacation and forgot the whole thing)

snaresamn
Posts: 14
Joined: July 8th, 2018, 5:45 am

Post by snaresamn » September 15th, 2018, 8:16 pm

May I claim sections 162-164, Monsieur de Boville?

Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » September 16th, 2018, 12:00 am

snaresamn wrote:
September 15th, 2018, 8:16 pm
May I claim sections 162-164, Monsieur de Boville?
All yours:)

Fishfish
Posts: 12
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 12:29 am

Post by Fishfish » September 30th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Hi! I'm pretty new to recording so I would like maybe to claim a short role. Maybe 168 Carlini?
Do I have to maintain a roughly male voice for the character and do I only record the dialogue and leave a few seconds of silence in between?
Thank you!

Kristingj
Posts: 4323
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » October 1st, 2018, 12:12 am

Fishfish wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Hi! I'm pretty new to recording so I would like maybe to claim a short role. Maybe 168 Carlini?
Do I have to maintain a roughly male voice for the character and do I only record the dialogue and leave a few seconds of silence in between?
Thank you!
Welcome! It's all yours:) You read it however you chose, really, I care more about pronounciations, but most would maybe not pick a high pitched voice for a man:P Yes, leave a few seconds between :thumbs:

Post Reply