~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristingj wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:48 pm Abbe Faria
Chapter 16
06:40 - The word Ruler gets swallowed up.
08:05 - " and I consider " gets swallowed
13:16 - "Escape" sounds more like scoop
Here is the updated Chapter 16 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_16.flac
6:49 "Ruler"
8:09 "and I consider"
13:15 "Escape"

Thanks for catching these.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ellisadvantage

Post by ellisadvantage »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Phil!

Thanks for joining us at Librivox. Before you can claim or record a role in this project (or in any project), you need to get one of our tech experts to check your settings. I am not one of those tech experts, but I can already tell you that some of your settings are not quite right for our Librivox requirements. For example, the bit rate should be 128 kbps, and you should use a constant bit rate instead of a variable bit rate. Your recording is 93 kbps (variable).

But our tech experts will tell you just how to adjust your settings.

So what you need to do is to go over to the Listeners & Editors Wanted Forum - Click this link here:

viewforum.php?f=21

Then at the top, just under the title, Listeners & Editors Wanted, you can see a tab: New Topic

Click New Topic and write a message introducing yourself and post the link for your 1-minute test there.

Then someone will come along and listen to your recording and give you tips on how to adjust your settings. (I don't think you will have much to adjust, probably just the two things I mentioned - because the recording quality is really good, the volume is correct, your recording is "mono" as we request, and the background noise is low).

When you've passed your one-minute test over there, then come back here and join in!

Thanks,
TJ

1-Minute Test Instructions (check numbers 3 and 4):
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Last edited by benderca on February 6th, 2021, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here is Max, Chapter 102:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_maximilianmorrel_102.flac

Currently, the row for Maximilien, Chapter 102 is missing. It should be inserted between Sections 30 and 31.

Thanks,
TJ
ellisadvantage

Post by ellisadvantage »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Excellent, Phil! Your settings are all correct now and I see you have passed your one-minute test. I can't sign you up for this project as I don't have access to the magic window, but if you tell me what you want your catalogue name to be (for example "Phil Ellis" or "Ellis Advantage", I could set you up a catalogue page). Kristin is BC for this project and she doesn't check in every day, but when she does, she can then sign you up officially. I see that she's reserved the doctor and servant 4 for you, so I think it's safe to say that you can start to record those roles if you like. Have fun! TJ
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Salvationist wrote: November 13th, 2020, 4:34 pm Here's Brigadier 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_brigadier2_98.flac 2:32
Thanks!
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: November 18th, 2020, 6:56 am Here is Max, Chapter 102:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_maximilianmorrel_102.flac

Currently, the row for Maximilien, Chapter 102 is missing. It should be inserted between Sections 30 and 31.

Thanks,
TJ
Great, thanks!
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: November 18th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Excellent, Phil! Your settings are all correct now and I see you have passed your one-minute test. I can't sign you up for this project as I don't have access to the magic window, but if you tell me what you want your catalogue name to be (for example "Phil Ellis" or "Ellis Advantage", I could set you up a catalogue page). Kristin is BC for this project and she doesn't check in every day, but when she does, she can then sign you up officially. I see that she's reserved the doctor and servant 4 for you, so I think it's safe to say that you can start to record those roles if you like. Have fun! TJ
I've booked the sections for you. Please remember to pay attention in the forum after you have posted the recordings for any eventual notes.
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Brigadier is PL OK!

Abbe Faria ( I didn't have time today for the longer ones, so I did the two shorter)
Chapter 113 - PL OK!
Chapter 19 -
00:38 - Sounds like you repeated a word, again
03:55 - Sounds like 'lease', should be 'exists'
04:25 - There's a bit of a glitch, sounds like you just edited out a word or so too much
04:40 - Missing some lines "adieu!" & "Hush—hush!"
05:06 - Missing the word 'clearly'
05:15 - Missing the word 'sight'
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kristingj wrote: November 19th, 2020, 12:50 am
Chapter 19 -
00:38 - Sounds like you repeated a word, again
03:55 - Sounds like 'lease', should be 'exists'
04:25 - There's a bit of a glitch, sounds like you just edited out a word or so too much
04:40 - Missing some lines "adieu!" & "Hush—hush!"
05:06 - Missing the word 'clearly'
05:15 - Missing the word 'sight'
Here is the corrected reading : https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_abbefaria_19.flac

00:38 and 3:55 are just both a result of the accent. An "a" after a word starting with an "a" and the "ee" sound in 'exist' gives a similar sound to lease.

All the rest corrected.

Thanks for the work and catching those. I can't figure out how I missed that complete messing up of the last couple of speeches. :roll:

Wayne
Wayne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Thanks! They are both PL OK:)
(For the next time, remove the brackets [] in the file name. It's not a problem for us, as these files aren't the final ones, but for a normal project, they ruin the final upload)
Kristin

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Well, giving ellisadvantage a little break, in the instructions the role name is in brackets: montecristo_[role]_[#].flac
Wayne