~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

davydave wrote: July 9th, 2020, 11:52 pm
Kristingj wrote: July 9th, 2020, 11:29 pm
davydave wrote: July 9th, 2020, 6:45 pm Hello,
I have seen that the following chapters, were originally claimed for chapters 7, 19, 93.. but the recordings have not posted, so I took liberty to submit here, the first of the chapters-7. Please let me know if I can also record for chapters 19 and 93 as well.
Sincerely, Dave Currier- username davydave
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_captain_leclere_#7.flac- 21:40 total time
Hi, that's not really how it works. You have to claim a section to record it, and if someone else has claimed a section, you can't just jump in and do them. In this case, the person who had claimed them had been sent a reminder because they were taking a bit long, but they still get a week to answer that reminder. And as it happened, that week was up yesterday, but as it also happens, I have someone else who had asked to read those sections yesterday (knowing they might become available at this time). Also, they need to be in different files, as they are different parts.
If a section is available and you have posted a claim in the forum (and you can't see anyone else claiming it) most BC's won't mind if you record the section before they've ok'd your claim, but that's mostly just for the small parts, and only ever if they are open.
Hello, Kristing-
Well sorry for the misunderstanding, I truly wou;d like to get involved and do some readings, can you assist me to find something available for me to work on?
Thanks, Dave
No propblem:) I'll PM you
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Carmela's father - PL OK!
Liutenant - This is the same recording as Carmelas father, but the file says liutenant
Sergeant at Arms - PL OK!
Attendant 3 - PL OK!
Martia - PL OK!
Sentry 1 & 2 - PL OK!
Gendarme 3 - PL OK!
Thief 3 - PL OK!
Duprez - PL OK! And great singing! :D
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

President 1 PL
00:20, 01:30, 02:30, 03:05 - Mispronounce Yanina, you said "Janaina", should be more "Janina", kinda like here: https://forvo.com/word/yanina/

Rest is good and PL OK:)
Kristin

OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Kristingj wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:08 am President 1 PL
00:20, 01:30, 02:30, 03:05 - Mispronounce Yanina, you said "Janaina", should be more "Janina", kinda like here: https://forvo.com/word/yanina/

Rest is good and PL OK:)
Understood - will edit shortly!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Maximilian PL chapter 40:

PL OK and great reading! I'll probably wait until you have everything in to PL the rest, but this sounds good:)
Kristin

benderca

Post by benderca »

Kristingj wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:27 am Maximilian PL chapter 40:

PL OK and great reading! I'll probably wait until you have everything in to PL the rest, but this sounds good:)
Thanks so much, Kristin! I'll have some more chapters edited soon. :D
davydave

Post by davydave »

Hello Kristing-
Can I be forgiven this time because I'm new to this? Find me another piece to work on? I didn't any harm to anyone.. there is a chapter 189 and 204(Finished chapter Vol. 1), 262(Volume 1), 503(Finished chapters Vol. 3), 505, 511(Volume 3), 659(Volume 4), 660( Cast List Vol 4) 800(Volume 5) that's open, can I claim those? BTW, alternatively my email is ***. would you mind sending me the message more convienient?
Thanks, Dave
Last edited by Rapunzelina on July 20th, 2020, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

davydave wrote: July 10th, 2020, 5:50 am Hello Kristing-
Can I be forgiven this time because I'm new to this? Find me another piece to work on? I didn't any harm to anyone.. there is a chapter 189 and 204(Finished chapter Vol. 1), 262(Volume 1), 503(Finished chapters Vol. 3), 505, 511(Volume 3), 659(Volume 4), 660( Cast List Vol 4) 800(Volume 5) that's open, can I claim those? BTW, alternatively my email is *** would you mind sending me the message more convienient?
Thanks, Dave
Hi, I sent you a PM, did you see it? Those are just openings for edits, it's not something that can be claimed.
Kristin

davydave

Post by davydave »

Is there chance that anyone from the narrating business.. looking for readers for books would come here or is this all a place to "hone your chops," not a place to find work as an audiobook narrator and $$? Ok, I'm totally confused by this when You meant those chapters I was looking at sending in a claim, to read- were just for edits.. I take it that I should just look elsewhere, or a different project to sign up for, that this Monte Cristo is too "full?" -need more clarity.
Thanks, Dave
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

davydave wrote: July 10th, 2020, 10:32 am Is there chance that anyone from the narrating business.. looking for readers for books would come here or is this all a place to "hone your chops," not a place to find work as an audiobook narrator and $$? Ok, I'm totally confused by this when You meant those chapters I was looking at sending in a claim, to read- were just for edits.. I take it that I should just look elsewhere, or a different project to sign up for, that this Monte Cristo is too "full?" -need more clarity.
Thanks, Dave
I sent you a personal message, please look at that.
Kristin

benderca

Post by benderca »

Kristin, I have a note on the color coding in Chapter 90, which only affects you and me.

Monte Cristo drew Morrel a step or two behind his brother-in-law. " Maximilian, " said he,
" are your affections disengaged?" Morrel looked at Monte Cristo with astonishment. "I do not
seek your confidence, my dear friend. I only ask you a simple question; answer it;—that is all I
require."

The section in bold above is coded purple for Maximilian, but it should be blue and read by the Count.
TJ
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:28 am Kristin, I have a note on the color coding in Chapter 90, which only affects you and me.

Monte Cristo drew Morrel a step or two behind his brother-in-law. " Maximilian, " said he,
" are your affections disengaged?" Morrel looked at Monte Cristo with astonishment. "I do not
seek your confidence, my dear friend. I only ask you a simple question; answer it;—that is all I
require."

The section in bold above is coded purple for Maximilian, but it should be blue and read by the Count.
TJ
Ohh, thanks! I'll fix it when I get back on Monday 😉
Kristin

reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

Sorry about the snafu with the Liutenant file. Here is the corrected recording (1:19):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_liutenant_33.flac

Thanks!
Matt
"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

reecedawg wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:05 pm Sorry about the snafu with the Liutenant file. Here is the corrected recording (1:19):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_liutenant_33.flac

Thanks!
Matt
:thumbs:
Kristin