OPEN[DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Fongie
Posts: 191
Joined: April 22nd, 2011, 4:28 pm

Post by Fongie » July 3rd, 2019, 12:35 pm

Hey guys! How's this project going? I was dropping by to claim Louis XVIII which is open in the mw but there seems to be some discussion here regarding that part. What's up?

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1602
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 6th, 2019, 11:45 am

Just want to make sure my submissions aren't lost. Also, here is the driver for chapter 98:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_driver_98.flac

I know these aren't my submissions, but I think these are in danger of getting lost as well:
aaronwhite1977 wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Good Afternoon,

Here is the part of Old Man for Chapters 55, 56, 63 and 64.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_55.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_56.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_63.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_64.flac

One quick note on the script -
Chapter 55
page 7
line – "And here is Andrea Cavalcanti's baptismal register, given by the ciurate of Saravezza” is Monte Cristo's line - though it is marked as Old Man.

Also -
As I mentioned in a previous post - silverquill is more than welcome to the part of Louis XVIII - as long as he wants it! I hereby renounce it! I'm not sure I could keep up a convincing french accent anyway.
BTW - Louis XVIII - that part is also sections 23 and 24 - they got a bit separated it seems.

Thanks
Aaron

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:30 pm

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry! I haven't had any email from librivox since my last post, and I just remember that this forum had been suspiciously silent, so I wanted to check and see if I had missed something, and there you go. I'll go through every post chronoligocally, and take it from there.

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm

SoundsSharpe wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 7:04 pm
SoundsSharpe wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 10:16 am
Hello,

I would like to claim section 20 (Gendarme 2 + both)

Thanks,

Sarah (Sounds Sharpe)
Is this section still available? Thanks for checking,

Sarah (SoundsSharpe)
It's all yours:)

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:36 pm

aaronwhite1977 wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Good Afternoon,

Here is the part of Old Man for Chapters 55, 56, 63 and 64.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_55.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_56.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_63.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_oldman_64.flac

One quick note on the script -
Chapter 55
page 7
line – "And here is Andrea Cavalcanti's baptismal register, given by the ciurate of Saravezza” is Monte Cristo's line - though it is marked as Old Man.

Also -
As I mentioned in a previous post - silverquill is more than welcome to the part of Louis XVIII - as long as he wants it! I hereby renounce it! I'm not sure I could keep up a convincing french accent anyway.
BTW - Louis XVIII - that part is also sections 23 and 24 - they got a bit separated it seems.

Thanks
Aaron

Thanks!


Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:39 pm

silverquill wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 9:43 pm
aaronwhite1977 wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Also -
As I mentioned in a previous post - silverquill is more than welcome to the part of Louis XVIII - as long as he wants it! I hereby renounce it! I'm not sure I could keep up a convincing french accent anyway.
BTW - Louis XVIII - that part is also sections 23 and 24 - they got a bit separated it seems.

Thanks
Aaron
Well, seems we are both willing to take it or not take it. :)

But, if you really need a French accent, then I'm not the person for it. I believe that was the issue with my first read through - mispronounced French words. I haven't listened to it recently, so I don't know if it is salvageable anyway, or if I would need to do a new recording. So, I'm still in standby mode.
I make no demands for accents, no, so I signed you up:)

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:40 pm

ej400 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 4:00 pm
May I please claim Duke Blacas, & (33) Driver?
All yours!

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:42 pm

johnnyenglish wrote:
May 30th, 2019, 2:57 pm
Hello Folks!

I find the idea of a 'dramatic reading' really interesting, and would like to take part.

However, I am unfamiliar with the text and characters, (heard of it - never read it!) so don't know who to claim!

Here is a story I read for Lynnet's latest Short Story collection.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss080_in_the_avu_observatory_je_128kb.mp3

If you think that my voice would be suitable for any of the characters, please let me know, and
I'll give it a go!

I'm currently recording (yet another!) version of 'The War of the Worlds' by H. G. Wells, as a solo -
but I have nothing but time! (And a breaks as good as a rest - I have been somewhat confusingly
informed!)
Hi!

What kind of character would you like? Long or short? The file doesn't excist any more, do you have another?

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 19th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Fongie wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 12:35 pm
Hey guys! How's this project going? I was dropping by to claim Louis XVIII which is open in the mw but there seems to be some discussion here regarding that part. What's up?
It's claimed, sorry!

johnnyenglish
Posts: 268
Joined: August 4th, 2014, 6:10 am
Location: Hampshire, England

Post by johnnyenglish » July 20th, 2019, 5:58 am

Hello Kristin,

'In the Avu Observatory' is the first file in 'Short Story Collection Vol. 080', and there are three others read by myself
in that collection.

However, if you don't fancy downloading anything, you could have a listen to this...

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/the_giant_buider.mp3

As it happens, I've volunteered for a few short works at present, along with my solo read of 'The War of the Worlds',
so if you think you could use me anywhere - it may better that I don't take on anything 'too' long just now!

Thanks!

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...

johnnyenglish
Posts: 268
Joined: August 4th, 2014, 6:10 am
Location: Hampshire, England

Post by johnnyenglish » July 20th, 2019, 6:02 am

Ah - that seems to have ben moved elswhere also!

I'll try this one...

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw029_howodinlosthiseye_128kb.mp3

But if that doesn't work either, you may have to download the aforementioned collection after all!
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » July 31st, 2019, 5:43 am

johnnyenglish wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 5:58 am
Hello Kristin,

'In the Avu Observatory' is the first file in 'Short Story Collection Vol. 080', and there are three others read by myself
in that collection.

However, if you don't fancy downloading anything, you could have a listen to this...

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/the_giant_buider.mp3

As it happens, I've volunteered for a few short works at present, along with my solo read of 'The War of the Worlds',
so if you think you could use me anywhere - it may better that I don't take on anything 'too' long just now!

Thanks!

Andrew
Hi again:)

I'd say you would fit for most the parts left, maybe pick anything from section 30 and down. All the remaining parts are fairly small

SoundsSharpe
Posts: 22
Joined: March 17th, 2019, 2:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by SoundsSharpe » September 2nd, 2019, 12:17 pm

Here is Section 20 Gendarme 2 + both for Chapter 8.
Narrated by Sally Sharpe. The time was 2:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_gendarme_08.mp3

Kristingj
Posts: 4402
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » September 8th, 2019, 11:46 pm

SoundsSharpe wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 12:17 pm
Here is Section 20 Gendarme 2 + both for Chapter 8.
Narrated by Sally Sharpe. The time was 2:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_gendarme_08.mp3
Thanks!

Post Reply