[COMPLETE] Ben Hur by Lew Wallace - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

8_10 is ready for PL! :)
Adele

Post by dlolso21 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:6_6 is ready for spot PL! :D
6_6 is PL OK. I couldn't find the original PL notes as they appear to have been sent by PM.

David O
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

dlolso21 wrote:
6_6 is PL OK. I couldn't find the original PL notes as they appear to have been sent by PM.

David O
Yes, I sent the PL notes by PM. I actually spot PLed this last night, and I'm still hearing two repeats, at 6:47 (the Akra district) and 16:06 (quick as the thrust was). Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
EstherbenSimonides

5_14 is missing at 8:27 (and three lines following) the Roman youth's part. :)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:
dlolso21 wrote:

David O
Yes, I sent the PL notes by PM. I actually spot PLed this last night, and I'm still hearing two repeats, at 6:47 (the Akra district) and 16:06 (quick as the thrust was). Thanks!
DAng it!! I thought that I had uploaded a newer version with those cut out. Uploading now, the second time will be about 16:03 due to cutting out the first section.

David O
EstherbenSimonides

6_6 is PL OK! :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Adele,

I haven't seen much recent activity here, are you still editing the chapters in this project?

David O
AdeledePignerolles

Yes! :) Life's sort of been crazy right now and I forgot a bit but I am working on this and I PM'd someone who said he can do the Sheik Ilderim lines and sounds pretty close. Unfortunately it's been a while but I think I have another substitute that I'm hoping to get in the next day or two. :D
Adele

Um...so are 8_1 and 8_10 still waiting on me? 5_14 is missing the person in saloon (boy) read by you (Adele), and 4_13 and 5_13 are waiting on a Sheik. 5 left! We can do this!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
EstherbenSimonides

I just went to listen to 8_1, but the link in the MW takes me to 8_3 instead (the links for both are the same.) Any ideas on how to get the actual file?
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
EstherbenSimonides

8_10 is an amazing chapter! I found one very small mistake: @ 23:36 there is an extra no which changes the meaning 'as if to no one listening close by'
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
EstherbenSimonides

Is there a reason why Adele is assigned to sections 32, 50, 54, 57, 59, 64, 102, 103, 105, 107, 108, 110, 111, 113, 114, 115, 117, 118, 119, 121, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 137, 138, 140, which she didn't read in? I was going to remove her, but wanted to check first. :)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I assigned her there as she is editing. Not especially necessary here, but when there are multiple editors it helps me keep things straight.
AdeledePignerolles

8_10 and 5_14 are ready for spot PL! I figured out what happened with 8_1--I was missing a big chunk of narrator.
The sigh that succeeded the exclamation could not have been more piteously expressive had the loss been the Egyptian's own. Next moment her laugh might have been heard in the street below; and she said "Oh, oh, my pretty simpleton! The half-fledged birds nested in the ear of the great bust out on the Memphian sands know nearly as much as you."
Then, seeing Esther's confusion, she changed her manner, and said in a confiding tone, "You must not take offence. Oh no! I was playing. Let me kiss the hurt, and tell you what I would not to any other--not if Simbel himself asked it of me, offering a lotus-cup of the spray of the Nile!"
Another laugh, masking excellently the look she turned sharply upon the Jewess, and she said, "The King is coming."
Esther gazed at her in innocent surprise.
"The Nazarene," Iras continued--"he whom our fathers have been talking about so much, whom Ben-Hur has been serving and toiling for so long"--her voice dropped several tones lower--"the Nazarene will be here to-morrow, and Ben-Hur to-night."
Esther struggled to maintain her composure, but failed: her eyes fell, the tell-tale blood surged to her cheek and forehead, and she was saved sight of the triumphant smile that passed, like a gleam, over the face of the Egyptian.
"See, here is his promise."
And from her girdle she took a roll.
"Rejoice with me, O my friend! He will be here tonight! On the Tiber there is a house, a royal property, which he has pledged to me; and to be its mistress is to be--"
Evenkeel missed reading it and pyledriver said he would do it but I think he forgot. (I'll PM him and remind him.) :D
Adele

8_10 and 5_14 are PL OK! Two down, three to go! :thumbs:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides