COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

These are all PL OK. You did a great job and you read the lines just as I thought the Duke should say them :D
msfry wrote:At the end of Chapter 22, should the Duke read the handbill? I read the previous one but I think it flows well for the Duke to read this one. Your call.
Teddy wrote:I have already recorded the handbill words in Chapter 22, so delete or not as you wish.
Thanks, guys! :D I think I'll have the Duke read it.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

Recut and added THE BEST LINE, glad I got it! to section 55 (ab Turner, Chap 29)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_abturner_29.mp3

Time is: 1:3.32
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

PL OK! Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

As Promised here are Chapters 30 & 31:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_duke_30.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_duke_31.mp3

There is a line in Chapter 30, which reads: "It's a lie! You done it, and you got to say you done it, or—", I tried umpteen times to get the "or" sound, but I don't think it sounds right, at least on its own without Huck's : "The king began to gurgle, and then he gasps out:" to follow it. In fact even with Huck's words I think we may have to simply delete the word?

Enjoy...
Teddy

"Under all discouragements, he pursues his object, and yields to nothing but impossibilities." - Rights of Man, by Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck 19 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_19.mp3

A few lines you have ascribed to other characters in this chapter and a few others to follow, I believe Huck says himself by way of telling his story, so I recorded them. You'll see them as you listen. If you disagree let me know and I'll replace the line with a space.

Example in 19, at around 11:00: He said we ought to bow when we spoke to him, and say "Your Grace," or "My Lord," or "Your Lordship"—and he wouldn't mind it if we called him plain "Bridgewater," which, he said, was a title anyway, and not a name;
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Huck 19 is fantastic Michele, but I can see know that I was too haste in posting my files, as some of my Chapter 19 just doesn't work. I will make some changes and post it again, shortly.

Sorry if this causes a problem.
Teddy

"Under all discouragements, he pursues his object, and yields to nothing but impossibilities." - Rights of Man, by Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks, you two!
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Teddy wrote:Huck 19 is fantastic Michele, but I can see know that I was too haste in posting my files, as some of my Chapter 19 just doesn't work. I will make some changes and post it again, shortly.

Sorry if this causes a problem.
No problem on my account. In fact I really appreciate it because I've been wondering how an audio dramatic production can work (this being my first) if the players don't have each other to play off of as they do in a stage production, and if there are no rehearsals to get it right. Especially this project where Huck tells the whole story and sets the pace and all other lines are interspersed among his lines. I wish other readers would download and listen to my files before recording their lines. It could prevent a whole lot of tweaking, and I am going as fast as I can to finish Huck's chapters. I am already about half way!

Oh, glad you like it! It is a "mighty grand" book!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

thank you Michele :)
I think if readers want to listen to your files before recording theirs, that would be fine.

Duke chapters 30-31 are PL OK! I think the "or" sounded all right, but we'll see what happens when I edit the chapter. You do such a good job of the Duke!
Thank you!
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Chapter 19 posted again:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_duke_19.mp3

Nothing too major, but I have deleted the "Your Majesty" from the end, which is obviously Huck's line, and is in Michele's version.
Teddy

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you.
Rachel

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

I can't believe what a great story teller you are Michele, but was is the "sigh" at 15:19.5 doing in the there...I don't read it in the script...a little "adlibbing"... :?:

Anyway I have posted Chapter 20 again as there are some lines attributed to the Duke, which are Huck's:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_duke_20.mp3
Teddy

msfry

Post by msfry »

Teddy wrote:I can't believe what a great story teller you are Michele, but was is the "sigh" at 15:19.5 doing in the there...I don't read it in the script...a little "adlibbing"... :?:
I know but Shhh! I am testing the limits of my ad-lib-bi-bility. Wanted to see if it might pass Rachel's scrutiny, but now you've done gone and raised the red flag. I really did have to catch my breath after that long-winded diatribe. :)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

:lol: !
Huck 19 is PL OK. How how how how how do you do it?!? it sounds really good!
I'll listen to 20 now.
Rachel