COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yep, just read (almost) everything on this google doc:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11C1-9-789-LouCKZTujqGwTmEz51B8QoZcoHEEYomfI&authuser=0

Don't read the line at the top that says "Mark Twain, all other characters", that just tells me who is in that file. Also don't read the line that says "All other voice credits to be inserted here in editing." Read everything else (Librivox disclaimer, Notice, and Explanatory :) )

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck 10 re-uploaded, minus reader's hysterical laughter. Of course that must go, but it's nowhere near as funny without it. :(

Huck 11 uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_11.mp3
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Have you seen the last paragraph in the summary of version 2? https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn-by-mark-twain-version-2/ :)
Huck chapter 10 is PL OK.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Huck chapter 11 is PL OK.
The chapters get funnier and funnier!
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

SweetPea wrote:Have you seen the last paragraph in the summary of version 2? https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn-by-mark-twain-version-2/ :)
No, I had not seen that. So true, and I am saving my crack-ups for a future Community Podcast on Bloopers or some such. Are you going to elaborate a bit more about the book in our summary? It seems a bit skimpy at present.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

The summary is not final. :) I don't really like writing summaries, and I'm not very good at them. Would you like to write one? :)
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

SweetPea wrote:The summary is not final. :) I don't really like writing summaries, and I'm not very good at them. Would you like to write one? :)
I'd love to. Thanks. I'm assuming there's no rush.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Just as long as we have a final summary before cataloguing, there isn't.
Thank you! :D
Rachel

HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

I have not forgotten about Aunt Polly, but just came down with a cold that will prevent me from sounding normal for awhile. Will record soon.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

No problem :)
Get well soon!
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Huck chapter 12 is PL OK!
You really do such a good job of him! :)
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck 13 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_13.mp3

I do seem to be on a roll, and compliments such as yours above are close akin to shoveling coal into the engine of my steamboat! I'm even talkin' "Huck" to my dogs. A few minutes ago I actually said to one of them: "Get off'n 'at chair, you rascal!" :roll:
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Huck chapter 13 is PL OK!
I liked the sniffs. They make it sound even better :)
Rachel

PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

Lovely script, I know just what to say. Praciticin' my Pike County, southwestern drawl. Listenin' to a lot a' hillbillies on the you toob..
while waiting for the mail lady to deliver the replacement for my poor failed usb / xlr adapter. Have on order from 2 sources, I can see them racing out here at the fastestest they can, sort of a tortoise and the the tortoise race, here....
sorta boring... sort of... don't see a snoring smilie over there, but you get my drift...

Will record soon. I prayed for patience, fool that I am.
PapaDoug
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.