COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I never thought of it that way before. I like that! :)
Huck 16 is PL OK!
Huck 17 PL notes:
Laughing, but you knew about that :) Really, I don't blame you for laughing about the Spidery Arms.
At 10:11 the text reads "a man that left his family, it didn't say why." You read "a man that left his family, and didn't say why". I think this changes the meaning a little, but not much and you can leave it if you like. This isn't word perfect :)

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

Wait!! No!!

Second above is Judge Thatcher, of course, in chap. 4, and Ab Turner in Chap. 29:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/huckleberryfinn_abturner_29.mp3
Time: 0:49.74

I won't applaud myself again, at least not yet. When the crowd claps I'll just smile and take it all in....
8-)
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you! Mark Twain is PL OK, and I have moved the section down near the bottom of the MW. :D
(I noticed you uploaded to icequeen's folder - no need to re-upload but the MC for this project is KiltedDragon)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Judge Thatcher is PL OK! Great reading, thank you very much :)
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Ab Turner PL notes:
Some of the lines are in the wrong order, which might be confusing for the editor. It would be great if you could put them in the right order (by cutting and pasting in Audacity)
You're missing the line: "By the living jingo, here's the bag of gold on his breast!"

Thank you!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oops, I see why they're mixed up. You read the lines from my post, and I didn't put them in the right order or add that line at the end. Sorry about that. :oops:
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

msfry wrote:
SweetPea wrote:Here's Joanna! Michele, if you could PL them that would be nice, but they'll be PL'ed in the final files so you don't need to :) Thanks!
I did them, just to get the hang of how to, and they are all PL OK. On the poem, realm rhymes with helm, but I suppose a child might pronounce it to rhyme with deal.
Re-uploaded. Thank you! :)
Rachel

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

SweetPea wrote:(I noticed you uploaded to icequeen's folder - no need to re-upload but the MC for this project is KiltedDragon)
I moved the files to my folder and changed the links in the MW.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you :)
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck 17 re-uploaded with correction at 10:11 and deletions where shown. No where near as funny listening without the laughs. Remember the old TV comedy shows, like Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners, where they added canned laughter at the funny places, and sure enough, you laughed!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_17.mp3 16:33

forgotten name 6:48
fantods 12:10
3 pairs of arms 12:52
spidery arms 13:21
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

PL OK!
I don't remember any of those shows. I'm probably too young (13) and I don't watch a lot of TV :)
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oh, and my brother is going to read Buck Grangerford.
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, Miss Watson! Pleased to meet you. 1 and 4 are PL OK

Chapter 1 is edited and uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_01_twain_128kb.mp3 8:46