COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SweetPea wrote:I don't think April is coming back. Sooo...
- I could find a new reader for Huck. This would involve a lot of re-reading, re-editing and re-PLing.
- I could find someone who sounds similar to finish it. I can't think of anyone right now and it might be very confusing to listen to.
Huck is the narrator, so I think just a switch in the middle to a new female voice would work - 15 chapters is a lot to redo!

If you want to hear how it sounds to switch narrator, I think it was the DR of "Northanger Abbey" where this happened. We just switched from one female voice with a British accent to a different one - after a chapter or so you settle in and it doesn't matter. (The narrator is probably the only role you can do this for though, otherwise it is very confusing, I agree.) See here: https://librivox.org/northanger-abbey-dramatic-reading-by-jane-austen/
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

It might help this project out some if it were marked "OPEN" rather than full. April Waters' sections should be orphaned, and this story is such a classic, it may not be long before someone volunteers.
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Rachel, it is time to get someone else to finish the parts of Huck and Tom still unrecorded. Either decide to have someone pick up the open parts or orphan the whole roles.
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

I would like to read the part of Huck Finn! If its not too much trouble could I read the whole role from chapter 1?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hi Patrick,
That would be awesome! Thanks so much for volunteering :) I will sign you up and you can get started! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Thank you!

Rachel :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Thank you! I'm excited to start! I'm currently finishing up a few poems and short works today and will start recording on Monday! When do you want the whole project finished by? I understand the book is waiting on my part to be finished. Would a month seem a good end goal? I would like to read a chapter or two per day (Mon-Fri). Let me know what you think!
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Chapter 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huckfinn_01.mp3

Let me know what you think if I should change anything about it. Is the southern accent alright?
Please feel free to let me know if I should do this over. I want it to be right.
Thanks! :D
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

I haven't heard back in a while so I'm going with the accent. I should be done with this in two weeks :D
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »