(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 10 is PL OK it too has the shorter disclaimer. Just going to listen to Chapter 11
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Michele!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

It looks like Beth had the shorter disclaimer in the scripts ~ so no worries.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've downloaded 47 - will listen to it later this evening, unless someone gets to it first. ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 11 is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Chapter 47: PL OK
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi, I'd like to PL some chapters. If that's okay.

Please note that this is my first time PLing for a Drama. But I love this book so much.

Thanks!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

SaraHale wrote: March 14th, 2021, 2:42 pm Hi, I'd like to PL some chapters. If that's okay.

Please note that this is my first time PLing for a Drama. But I love this book so much.

Thanks!
Hi Sara,

There aren't any chapters ready for PL right now, but keep an eye on the thread and when some are ready, just post which one you are going to listen to before doing so ~ just so there is not any overlap with anyone else! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

m8b1 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 6:19 pm Hi Sara,

There aren't any chapters ready for PL right now, but keep an eye on the thread and when some are ready, just post which one you are going to listen to before doing so ~ just so there is not any overlap with anyone else! :-)
Got it! Thanks so much.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Here is Narrator ch. 53:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_53_narrator_128kb.mp3 (22:17)

Another one, Linny, with places of note:

at 10:44, it seemed better for the coachman's answer, "Not till four o'clock" to be read by a character other than the narrator. I had Scott read that line for us (he doesn't care about any personae acknowledgement). Let me know if you don't agree and want me to record the line as the narrator.

at 20:52, part of the Molly lines seemed better read by the narrator, so I recorded the second (itallicized) portion of her lines in this part (leaving the purple portion for Molly's voice):

"Narrator: Molly wondered in her heart about this going away, on which the Squire seemed fully resolved. She was sure that he intended to keep the child; perhaps he had a legal right to do so;—

Molly: but would the mother ever part from it? Her father, however, would solve the difficulty,—
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Lynette. I hope to start editing again by next weekend.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

You bet. I'm still much slower at recording than I wish I could be, so instead of coordinating with you, I just plug them in as I finish them, knowing they're in great hands when their turn is up on your work table.

I'm really hoping Covid didn't permanently weaken my vocal cords, that they'll keep getting stronger as time goes by and eventually my voice will get its original strength back. I mean, it's been since October! But I'm glad my voice is stronger and cleaner than it was 6 weeks ago. Someday I might be able to do a chapter per day, but right now the cords need rest days between them.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Linny - here is Narrator ch. 55

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_55_narrator_128kb.mp3 (14:14)

Let me know if you need me to re-record any of these, or you decide a stretch is better done by the narrator. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -