WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

I'll take Miss Goodenough.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I'm here! :-)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

jessieyun0404 wrote:I would love to take Maria! Sorry for changing so much :?
You're in! Thanks for being flexible with my suggestions!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

WoollyBee wrote:I'll take Miss Goodenough.
You got it - you can take some of the other maids/villagers roles as well if you like.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

JoFriday21 wrote:I'm here! :-)
I think that's the whole team I was expecting - all we need now is a lovely MC with a Magic Window!
J_N

Post by J_N »

I'd be happy to take some small role... I probably sound fairly young (about to turn 30)... but I could try making myself sound older if needed :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

J_N wrote:I'd be happy to take some small role... I probably sound fairly young (about to turn 30)... but I could try making myself sound older if needed :)
If I remember correctly, I think you could do a nice accent for a French girl speaking English? (You don't have to actually speak French, she speaks broken/accented English.) Marie-Aimée Scherer is in her early 20s, she's the wife of one of the main English characters. She appears in two chapters. How does that sound?

Otherwise there's plenty of maids, housemaids and village gossips still going! Or you could claim one in addition to Aimee.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Elizabby wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:I'll take Miss Goodenough.
You got it - you can take some of the other maids/villagers roles as well if you like.
Thanks! I probably will claim some more after I finish recording Catherine's lines for Northanger Abbey. :)
J_N

Post by J_N »

Elizabby wrote:
J_N wrote:I'd be happy to take some small role... I probably sound fairly young (about to turn 30)... but I could try making myself sound older if needed :)
If I remember correctly, I think you could do a nice accent for a French girl speaking English? (You don't have to actually speak French, she speaks broken/accented English.) Marie-Aimée Scherer is in her early 20s, she's the wife of one of the main English characters. She appears in two chapters. How does that sound?

Otherwise there's plenty of maids, housemaids and village gossips still going! Or you could claim one in addition to Aimee.
I'll try her... she will have an accent... not sure it will be french, but it will be something :lol: if it doesn't work, I can always switch :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

Hello, I'd like a part if there are still some open. :) I don't know the story, though; Elizabby, maybe you could recommend something?
Thanks! (:
~Vanessa Cooley (Tauriel)
_________
"She walks in starlight in another world..."
~Kili, The Desolation of Smaug
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi ElizaB,
I don't know what you want to do about pling. I can pl the final chapters as they come up but not do work perfect pl for the individual parts.
I would also like to know how picky you would like me to be ablut changes in volume between different readers (which sometimes happen) or clarity and fluincy of the chapter. What do you think?
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

miss stav wrote:Hi ElizaB,
I don't know what you want to do about pling. I can pl the final chapters as they come up but not do work perfect pl for the individual parts.
I would also like to know how picky you would like me to be ablut changes in volume between different readers (which sometimes happen) or clarity and fluincy of the chapter. What do you think?
Stav.
I'm going to do the PLing of the parts myself, as much as possible (I'm not a word-perfect project BC, so as long as it is close enough for understanding that will do for me.)

The final chapters won't be in for a long time, I don't think, but you are welcome to PL them when they are! I won't have room to give you MW access though - with two editors that takes up the slot for the DPL, so you can just post your notes in the thread and I'll link them in the MW.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Tauriel wrote:Hello, I'd like a part if there are still some open. :) I don't know the story, though; Elizabby, maybe you could recommend something?
Thanks! (:

If you want girl parts, there are plenty of maids, a cook, village ladies and gossips. The second post has a cast list you can run your eye down. (You can claim more than one.)

I'd suggest to start with that either Miss Piper or Miss Hornblower would be fun - that's a ballroom scene so they all gossip about each other's clothes and behaviour! Then you could also take a housemaid role, or another part that takes your fancy.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

No problem. Thanks. I am curious to read this book. This iill be a first time for me.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Beth,

I'll MC for you. The MW is up! :D

Also, I would just like to point you towards point 2 at this link for future reference: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44647

Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks