(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

linny wrote: May 6th, 2020, 7:39 am Chapter 2 is ready for PL.

I had a PL note but it's up to bhavya if she thinks it should be corrected.

20:22 - So she could only wash her face and hands, and submit to the nurse's brushing and perfuming her hair.
I'll mark chapter 2 as PL OK :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh! Is it OK, Bhavya, if I give Linny a punch-in for that sentence? The "fuming her hair" as it is makes me think she's getting a lice treatment! :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

LCaulkins wrote: May 8th, 2020, 4:27 pm Oh! Is it OK, Bhavya, if I give Linny a punch-in for that sentence? The "fuming her hair" as it is makes me think she's getting a lice treatment! :lol:
:lol:
linny

Post by linny »

LCaulkins wrote: May 8th, 2020, 4:27 pm Oh! Is it OK, Bhavya, if I give Linny a punch-in for that sentence? The "fuming her hair" as it is makes me think she's getting a lice treatment! :lol:
I can make the edit and put it up for a quick spot check.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

linny wrote: May 9th, 2020, 7:57 am
I can make the edit and put it up for a quick spot check.
Hey linny,
I’ve already marked it PL OK because it doesn’t really matter to/ interrupt the story, so it should be fine.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Narrator Chapter 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaugthersdr_03_narrator_128kb.mp3 (18:09)

And Linny, if you feel like it, here is a patch for ch. 2. I worked on recording it so it blends with the timber of the sentences around it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughters_02_patch_128kb.mp3
(regarding: I had a PL note but it's up to bhavya if she thinks it should be corrected. 20:22 - So she could only wash her face and hands, and submit to the nurse's brushing and perfuming her hair.)

P.S. - Scott's company is having them start back to working in-clinic every other week, and since I'll have a quiet house again that often, starting this Monday, I'm looking forward to being able to record files regularly again!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

I'm here. It's a busy couple of weeks but I'll edit as soon as I can.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

The chapter are in good hands. :) They're not going anywhere.

I'm recording more than I can edit this week, so I can have chapters to edit and upload next week, too, while Scott's working from home. Hoping to submit one every four days or so, so that you'll be able to work on the chapters as your pace allows. My voice is nowhere near as dulcet as Beth's, but I'm greatly enjoying her story. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

bhavya wrote: May 8th, 2020, 1:09 pm
linny wrote: May 6th, 2020, 7:39 am Chapter 2 is ready for PL.

I had a PL note but it's up to bhavya if she thinks it should be corrected.

20:22 - So she could only wash her face and hands, and submit to the nurse's brushing and perfuming her hair.
I'll mark chapter 2 as PL OK :thumbs:
Chapter 2 is ready for spot check. Audio from 20:17-20:24 has been replaced.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 3 is ready for PL.

Nice work, Lynette!
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 4 is missing a lines. Reader PMed.

Miss Browning: "That's Lord Hollingford—the famous Lord Hollingford, you know; you must have heard of him, he is so scientific."
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, that reminds me - I think it is Chapter 8 around the 6 minute mark, there was a role line that hadn't been coded for the voice acting, was left in the narrator portion. I did read it, after I looked and saw that it has been years since that reader has been active. Let me know if we end up needing that ch. 4 missing line read in - we have plenty of time, though, to try getting it from the real person. :)

Edit to specify: It should be a Mrs. Hamley line around the 5:49 mark on the narrator file for ch. 8
~Lynette * -