(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Aww, thanks. I'll start editing 47 tomorrow. I'm toggling this project with Little Men. After this chapter, they may be a couple days slower, as I can only record for about 15 minutes in a given day with this post-Covid voice. I had these chapters in files already, just needing edit work and a few patch-ins here and there.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
linny

Post by linny »

LCaulkins wrote: December 25th, 2020, 2:21 pm Here is Narrator chapter 47 :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaugthersdr_47_narrator_128kb.mp3 (18:58)
PL OK! You had an extra word in a line which changed things but I was able to get a clean edit.
linny

Post by linny »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

LCaulkins wrote: January 4th, 2021, 5:26 pm Here is Narrator 48:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_48_narrator_128kb.mp3 (12:11)
Chapter 48 is PL OK.

Edited chapter 48 is ready for PL.
linny

Post by linny »

LCaulkins wrote: January 7th, 2021, 4:25 pm Narrator ch. 49:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_49_narrator_128kb.mp3 (13:25)
49 narration is PL OK! More than 50% complete. :9:

Chapter 49 is edited and ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Linny! Here is Chapter 50 - I didn't realize I never edited it last month, until I went to save the ch. 51 recording I did this afternoon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_50_narrator_128kb.mp3 (18:45)

This had another spot where I couldn't tell if it would be better or not for the narrator to speak the following bit that was coded for Mrs. Gibson:

Narrator: And so Lady Cumnor really was, in spite of the continual lectures which she gave "Clare," and which poor Mrs. Gibson turned under as helplessly as the typical worm.

Mrs Gibson: Still it was something to have a countess to scold her; and that pleasure would endure when the worry was past. And then Lady Harriet petted her more than usual to make up for what she had to go through in the convalescent's room; and Lady Cuxhaven talked sense to her, with dashes of science and deep thought intermixed, which was very flattering, although generally unintelligible; and Lord Cumnor, good-natured, good-tempered, kind, and liberal, was full of gratitude to her for her kindness in coming to see Lady Cumnor, and his gratitude took the tangible shape of a haunch of venison, to say nothing of lesser game.

So I added an insert at the end of the recording, for you to clip in or discard at your discretion.
~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Lynette. I appreciate the option.

I'm running a little behind so I won't get to the editing until next week (Monday likely but possibly Tuesday).
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Although I have a part in this DR, I'd love to help with any of the last tasks to help nudge this project towards the light of day. If there is anything I can do, let me know.
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Maria,
Have you heard from bhavya? There are 6 chapters ready for PL. Maybe Larry could help her out?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I just sent her a PM. Been meaning to do that for a bit. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
wib66

Post by wib66 »

If you need any help with PL ing parts or editing the final chapters please let me know happy to help.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi