(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 46 is PL OK! Beautifully edited together, many thanks!
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

I've never edited before but if there's a need I would love to try and edit chapter 1.
bdanzige
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for the offer but this project is stalled waiting for narration, not editing.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Beth (Elizabby) unfortunately passed away last week after a long battle with cancer. She way unable to finish the narration for this before her passing.

I will take over the BC responsibilities, but we do need someone to finish the narration, which I believe comes to 23 chapters.
A female voice would be preferred to try to match up with Beth.

We will also need a proof listener for the finished chapters as Beth was planning on doing that as well.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
linny

Post by linny »

Maria,
I'm so glad to see you are going to finish this project for Beth. This one meant a lot to her.

I can help with editing and PLing. Just let me know what you need once you get a narrator.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you very much, Linny! Yes, lets get it finished in her memory!

I'm not quite sure where we are on editors, since it has been so long. I'll have to check with them.

I do know for sure we are in need of a PL'er for the finished chapters. I will need to check with Bhavyat to see if she/he is still able to PL the parts.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Linny,

Going back through the thread, I see you offered to help with editing last year already! I was going by what Beth had in the first post, so didn't realize you had already offered. And of course I don't know what everyone else who is listed is able to do at this point. There will definitely be enough work to go around for the editing part!

We will sort this all out as we go. :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
linny

Post by linny »

No problem at all. Just consider me backup for whatever assistance you might need moving forward. :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Linny, you're DPL'ing, right?

I just have to edit the final two sections of my solo, and am close to finishing the narrator for a different DR. I can adopt the narrator of this one if we don't find somebody with a remarkable voice match for Beth.

I don't have the same accent as Beth, but here is an initial, unpracticed sample of making my voice approximate her style. It was not straining to do so. If you think it's worth a shot, I'll listen to one of her chapters a while and practice more.

Let me know - No hard feelings whatsoever if you think it's not the best option!!! I know Beth's voice is one of the most dulcet out there.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesnadddaughtersdr_sample_narrator.mp3
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Lynette,

That would be great if you could do it. And please don't feel like you have to match Beth's ~ though I must say you did a pretty good job at it! :-) Your normal voice is perfectly fine to use! I think you will do a lovely job!

I just didn't want it to be to jarring, such as going from a deep male voice to Beth, as it will jump back and forth a bit as the chapters are not sequential.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
linny

Post by linny »

Maria,
Have you heard about editors? As Lynette submits chapters, I can PL for her as I edit but we would still need someone for the final chapter PL.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Linny,

I haven't had a chance to PM anyone yet ~ I will do that now.

As for the Pl'ing Bhavya was down for doing the parts, and Beth was going to PL the final chapters ~ so the chapters are what we technically needed a PL'er for. I will PM Bhavya and see if she was still planning on helping.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK, then I would be honored to adopt narrator for Beth. Linny, at first, I imagine there will be a 7-10 day span between chapters coming from me, until I've cleared my other narrator away. Then I'd expect 4-7 day spans.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you very much, Lynette!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

linny wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:30 pm Maria,
Have you heard about editors? As Lynette submits chapters, I can PL for her as I edit but we would still need someone for the final chapter PL.
Hi Linny,

I read your note a little closer, and realized you said you could PL as you edit. That would work. :-) Sorry!

I just Pm'd Bhavya and the three that were down for editing.

HoosierMary hasn't been on since May, and Michele Eaton hasn't been on since August, so I would say we will definitely need to take you up on helping with the editing!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks