(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * - family visiting, very slow response and PL work until the 22nd.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, Lynette! Glad to see we are getting close to the end! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Here is Narrator ch. 58:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_58_narrator_128kb.mp3 (14:28)

We'll be out of town until next Wednesday, so I won't be able to attend to the last two chapters until that time.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, Lynette!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Narrator ch. 59:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_59_narrator_128kb.mp3 (17:41)

There was a single line of an uncast person in the middle of one narrator paragraph, so I had Scott read that in for us.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, Lynette!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

and here's the final Narrator file :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_60_narrator_128kb.mp3 (14:16)

There is a Molly line in the middle of a narrator paragraph that would be better read by Molly. I asked Kristingj if she can record it and submit it under the filename: wivesanddaughtersdr_60_mollysupplement_128kb

In the narrator file, it would come at time stamp 9:45 - 9:54, and is in the following paragraph:

The day of Roger's departure came. Molly tried hard to forget it in working away at a cushion she was preparing as a present to Cynthia; people did worsted-work in those days. One, two, three. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven; all wrong: she was thinking of something else, and had to unpick it. It was a rainy day, too; and Mrs. Gibson, who had planned to go out and pay some calls, had to stay indoors. This made her restless and fidgety. She kept going backwards and forwards to different windows in the drawing-room to look at the weather, as if she imagined that while it rained at one window, it might be fine weather at another.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Linny, just let me know if you need any narrator corrections from the chapters that will be edited, or if there are spots where it seems to you that it would be better for the narrator than for a character to be speaking.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Unfortunately, Linny is unable to continue editing at this time.

We need editors for 10 chapters: 51-60
The narration will need to by PL'd while editing, as I believe that was what Linny was doing.

If interested, please post which chapter or chapters you would like to work on.

This is a very long running project, and I would like to get it cataloged as soon as possible. At the very least, before the 7 year date hits us. (Preferably long before then!)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
VocalPenguin

Post by VocalPenguin »

I can edit chapter 51.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

VocalPenguin wrote: July 12th, 2021, 4:56 pm I can edit chapter 51.
Thank you!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

I'd like to help and edit chapter 52. It'll be my first time editing though (very new to Librivox). Do I download the files like I'm the PL, then splice together according to the script?
:thumbs: Mira
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Miruvor88 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:51 am I'd like to help and edit chapter 52. It'll be my first time editing though (very new to Librivox). Do I download the files like I'm the PL, then splice together according to the script?
Hi Mira,

Yes, you will need to download all the parts for the chapter, and edit them together. If you go to bullet point 8 at this link it gives some tips and a link to a video: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44647

You do not have to do it the way described, just suggestions on what works for some people. I'll see if I can find any other helpful advice for you. :D

Thanks!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

m8b1 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:56 am
Miruvor88 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:51 am I'd like to help and edit chapter 52. It'll be my first time editing though (very new to Librivox). Do I download the files like I'm the PL, then splice together according to the script?
Hi Mira,

Yes, you will need to download all the parts for the chapter, and edit them together. If you go to bullet point 8 at this link it gives some tips and a link to a video: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44647

You do not have to do it the way described, just suggestions on what works for some people. I'll see if I can find any other helpful advice for you. :D

Thanks!
That's super helpful! Thanks!

Could you help me find the narrator file, though? When I click on the "52" link in the notes box of the Narrator line, it gives me a 404 error, and I don't see any other link for it. Am I just overlooking it?
:thumbs: Mira
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Miruvor88 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 1:04 pm
Could you help me find the narrator file, though? When I click on the "52" link in the notes box of the Narrator line, it gives me a 404 error, and I don't see any other link for it. Am I just overlooking it?
Here you go: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_52_narrator_128kb.mp3

Sorry about that ~ I'll see what is wrong in the MW. :-)

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks