(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thanks will get that done this weekend
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Michele! Here's the intro/outro for the DP file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughters_intro_narrator.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Here is the finished Dramatis Personae with the correction also thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_00_gaskell_128kb.mp3

4:00
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

DP is PL OK! :thumbs: Was that the fastest turnaround ever on a DR chapter?? 37 minutes from last file submitted to final edited version PL OK! :lol:

EDIT: I've just realised that was the last bit for you to edit Michele! Thank you SO much for all your fantastic work, and especially for doing that DP and all those extra chapters! :clap: :clap: :clap: (You originally agreed to do 10 and ended up doing 20!)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Sorry guys, but I am going to have to give up the rest of my editing chapters, I simply don't have the time for it.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Anyway, thanks for the files you have already edited for us! I won't forget, and I'll make sure you get a credit on the final catalogue page, in addition to your voice credit as Molly! :thumbs:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:Anyway, thanks for the files you have already edited for us! I won't forget, and I'll make sure you get a credit on the final catalogue page, in addition to your voice credit as Molly! :thumbs:
Thanks, it's been fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just to let everyone know that I've finished troubleshooting my recording setup. I've been recording short bits and pieces for other projects as I do it, but I'm happy now and hope to resume narration very soon!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Good to hear, Beth! :thumbs:

Would love to see this one cataloged! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
carteki

Post by carteki »

I've edited ch19. I did send a pm to Mary asking if she'd mind a while back, but she's not opened it.
https://uploads.librivox.org/m8b1/wivesanddaughters_19_gaskell_128kb.mp3 24m05

Stay safe this new year.

Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kim! I'll PL this soon - I may need to orphan some of the editing, as I realize this project had taken longer than I originally thought!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kim, Chapter 19 is PL OK!

Also, thanks for inspiring me to get back to finishing the narration for this! I'm getting onto it!

I'm also going to advertise for editorial support, and let people claim chapters, if you'd be interested...

There's 24 chapters still to go, so I think it's too many for one person - also, it's going to take me some time to produce the narrations. One or two per week is about my limit.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just thought I'd check on the status on this since there's been nothing since my birthday. So, this is all recorded and just needs some editing of chapters? If that is the case, I'd be glad to take one of the chapters to edit and see where it goes from there. I sometime have time where I can't record, but could edit. I will jump in wherever you think I might be useful.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for the offer Larry, but the holdup is actually with my recording of the narration, not just the editing. All the character parts are recorded, but we lost our narrator and so I ended up taking over myself - and I'm a rather slow narrator. I haven't forgotten and we will get there in the end, but I'm trying to finish up the Phoenix/Carpet narrations first before I return to this project.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Elizabby wrote:Thanks for the offer Larry, but the holdup is actually with my recording of the narration, not just the editing. All the character parts are recorded, but we lost our narrator and so I ended up taking over myself - and I'm a rather slow narrator. I haven't forgotten and we will get there in the end, but I'm trying to finish up the Phoenix/Carpet narrations first before I return to this project.
Oh, okay, that's cool. Let me know if I can help down the line.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17