(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant, thanks Michele! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Michele - Chapter 61 sounds fantastic! It is exactly what I had hoped for when I allocated all the characters to speak for themselves!

However, Osborne's lines have a definite background hiss under them. Would it be possible to noise clean Osborne's lines, do you think? The main two speeches are at around 9 mins, and I think there's one more towards the end. I can find the exact time stamps when I'm on my home computer if you need them.

I also wonder if we should take out the "Made by Librivox volunteers in 2015" at the end. I think it is interesting to know when books were recorded, but since we won't actually be able to release this book in 2015 it's a bit redundant. What do you think?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Final Ch 29 is PL OK! I really liked that conversation between Cynthia and Molly - it sounded exactly like they were talking to each other! :clap:

EDIT: Chapter 33 is PL OK as well! :9:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 35 is PL OK! :thumbs: The argument between Mr and Mrs Gibson came out beautifully! :mrgreen:

I've heard back from both readers with outstanding files (Molly and Lady Harriet) and both are on the way! :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Elizabby wrote:Hi Michele - Chapter 61 sounds fantastic! It is exactly what I had hoped for when I allocated all the characters to speak for themselves!

However, Osborne's lines have a definite background hiss under them. Would it be possible to noise clean Osborne's lines, do you think? The main two speeches are at around 9 mins, and I think there's one more towards the end. I can find the exact time stamps when I'm on my home computer if you need them.

I also wonder if we should take out the "Made by Librivox volunteers in 2015" at the end. I think it is interesting to know when books were recorded, but since we won't actually be able to release this book in 2015 it's a bit redundant. What do you think?
Hi Beth
Yes I will see what I can do with that may need someone else's help with that but will try first. I think you are right about the Made by sentence I will remove it.

glad you are enjoying the edited pieces it is fun putting them together and bringing them to life.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Don't worry about Osborne then - let's just remove the "Made by" sentence (which seemed like a good idea at the time) and call it done. :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's the last bit of Lady Harriet! Thanks Libby! Michele Chapter 25 is now ready to edit!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_missinglines_ladyharriet.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Ruth and Michele - Chapter 61 is now PL OK as well! :thumbs:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Candybatch wrote:Thanks Ruth and Michele - Chapter 61 is now PL OK as well! :thumbs:

Oh my goodness that got me for a minute. I was thinking who is Candybatch. You do like to keep us on our toes ha ha love it.

And Ruth can you share how you removed the hiss from the file would be good to learn a new technique
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Michele! I'll PL Ch 25 tomorrow!

Yes, I got a few confused PMs which is why I put the amendment in my signature! I'll leave it there for a few days until people get used to it!

My forum name in the "Sherlock" fandom is Butterscotch Candybatch - but that's too long to use here with the number of places I need to login! I go by Candy over there, so it seemed logical to bring them all into harmony! :9:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Final Chapter 25 is PL OK! :mrgreen:

This is the first time I've heard Lady Cumnor fully edited into a chapter! Thanks Ruth, her style is perfect! Very proper, and yet condescendingly aristocratic! I love the giving of orders about the wedding clothes! :thumbs:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kristingj wrote:Here are the extra lines of Molly for chapter 34:)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_34_molly_extralines.mp3
Thanks Kristin! These are PL OK and Chapter 34 is now Ready to Edit! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sorry about the long gap, but I'm back into recording narration now! Here's the narration for Chapter 38! I'm aware it is not quite word perfect - there's one bit where I said "eight or nine" when the text had "nine or ten" - I don't know how that happened, but it's a small detail so I think we can let that one pass.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_38_narrator.mp3 (14:32)

And Chapter 39 also!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_39_narrator.mp3 (15:10)

If these are PL OK, then Chapters 38 and 39 will be ready to edit! :9:

EDIT: 25 narrations to go! At a rate of 3 chapters per week, I hope to finish this before the end of the financial year! Gives me something to shoot for, anyway...