(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Wives and Daughters, E Gaskell - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It opens for me? Have another go - maybe you were just too quick for me and the uploader hadn't finished uploading the file!
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

That must have been it, is working now.
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Narrator Chapter 32 PL OK
Max
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant! Thanks Michele - I'll PL these soon...

Chapters 33 and 61 are also Ready to Edit, but Chapter 34 still needs two extra paragraphs from Molly, which I just found as I was narrating it. The rest of that chapter is ready to go.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Here is the last one:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wivesanddaughtersdr_57_ladycumnor.mp3
6:49

In the following section, I have left gaps around the bit in bold, in case you may think it more appropriate for those words to be spoken by the narrator - otherwise the gaps will have to be removed.
Lady Cumnor: a Bible and a Prayer-book bound in velvet with silver-clasps; and also a collection of household account-books, at the beginning of which Lady Cumnor wrote down with her own hand the proper weekly allowance of bread, butter, eggs, meat, and groceries per head, with the London prices of the articles, so that the most inexperienced housekeeper might ascertain whether her expenditure exceeded her means,
Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Ruth, brilliant work!

I haven't recorded the narration for Chapter 57 yet, so I'll just read it in as the narrator - I'll go fix the script now so that I remember.

(If Chapter 25 of Lady Cumnor is PL OK, then Chapter 25 will be Ready to Edit, as the narration for that one is already done.)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for Chapter 35 is uploaded for PL.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for Chapter 29 is uploaded for PL - if this is PL OK, Chapter 29 is Ready to Edit! :thumbs:
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Lady Cumnor Chapters 25, 29, 49, 50 and 57 PL OK

Narrator Chapter 29 PL OK

I can't get Narrator Chapter 35 to play (same problem as before)

Max
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Ruth! Lady Cumnor is now completely PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks so much for voicing her so beautifully (and so speedily!) :9:

I can't get Chapter 35 to play either. There must be a typo in the code, but I can't find it right now. I'll have some coffee and try again later today.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

chapter 35 does not appear in the index of files for the MC on this project it may not have uploaded correctly.
Michele
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

All right, I'll just upload it again - starting... NOW!

(Give it 10 minutes before anyone tries again, I have a very slow connection.)