COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] The Betrothed by Manzoni - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
HoosierMary
Posts: 3236
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 20th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Quick thing--I started recording and for some reason messed up in my head which chapter I was starting on. So I recorded the narration for chapter 19 and then realized I was supposed to start with 20. Bob, do you want to do 19 yourself, or should I just go ahead and upload that chapter and proceed as usual with the rest?
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

neustar
Posts: 1048
Joined: April 26th, 2009, 11:49 am
Location: Kansas

Post by neustar » May 20th, 2014, 1:59 pm

HoosierMary wrote:Quick thing--I started recording and for some reason messed up in my head which chapter I was starting on. So I recorded the narration for chapter 19 and then realized I was supposed to start with 20. Bob, do you want to do 19 yourself, or should I just go ahead and upload that chapter and proceed as usual with the rest?
Mary, there's no need to redo it. Let's use your recording.

etel13
Posts: 231
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 2:24 am

Post by etel13 » May 20th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Hello,

Could I claim Old woman 1 chapter 16 (gives direction on the road...) and old woman 2 chapter 24?

Thanks
Etel

WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » May 20th, 2014, 2:22 pm

neustar wrote:
HoosierMary wrote:Quick thing--I started recording and for some reason messed up in my head which chapter I was starting on. So I recorded the narration for chapter 19 and then realized I was supposed to start with 20. Bob, do you want to do 19 yourself, or should I just go ahead and upload that chapter and proceed as usual with the rest?
Mary, there's no need to redo it. Let's use your recording.
Noted. Thank you both.

WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » May 20th, 2014, 2:24 pm

etel13 wrote:Hello,

Could I claim Old woman 1 chapter 16 (gives direction on the road...) and old woman 2 chapter 24?

Thanks
Etel
Sure! Thank you!

HoosierMary
Posts: 3236
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 21st, 2014, 8:18 am

I went ahead and got the ball rolling:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_19_narrator_003.flac

It's in the MW, too. A few things:
1) Would the person who PLs this let me know what you think of these noise cleaning settings? Right now I have it at 8.
2) I left 10 seconds of silence at the end. I figure I should make a habit of this, in case finished chapters end up longer than 30 min. Then the editor can cut it down to 5 if needed.
3) I'm assuming that either Bob or myself should read an intro and outro for the dramatis personae? Bob, would you like to do this since you have the first half? Then I will just record my brief voice credir as a separate file. (This will be some dramatis personae when all is said and done. :) ).
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3236
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 21st, 2014, 8:24 am

Oh, and should we go ahead and decide how we're dividing up the PLing to avoid confusion later?
Mary

Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

etel13
Posts: 231
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 2:24 am

Post by etel13 » May 21st, 2014, 10:10 am

I know it's not in the MW yet, but here is woman1 chapter 16, as I claimed before hand.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_16_woman1.flac
00:33

Etel

etel13
Posts: 231
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 2:24 am

Post by etel13 » May 21st, 2014, 10:32 am

I just noticed I did a mistake at the name of the previous file and I corrected it. Also, I added the file for old woman 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_16_oldwoman1.flac
00:33

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_24_oldwoman2.flac
00:40

Etel

WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » May 21st, 2014, 1:48 pm

etel13 wrote:I just noticed I did a mistake at the name of the previous file and I corrected it. Also, I added the file for old woman 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_16_oldwoman1.flac
00:33

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_24_oldwoman2.flac
00:40

Etel
Thank you, Etel. I'll put this in the MW as soon as it is complete. :)

neustar
Posts: 1048
Joined: April 26th, 2009, 11:49 am
Location: Kansas

Post by neustar » May 21st, 2014, 3:41 pm

Will there be Google docs or should we read from the Gutenberg file?

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6864
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 11:37 am
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan
Contact:

Post by KiltedDragon » May 21st, 2014, 4:23 pm

Bob, there is a link in item 4 in the first post: Where do I find text? You can see all the Google Docs HERE.
Barry
My Recordings
Darn books! I have stuff to do!

neustar
Posts: 1048
Joined: April 26th, 2009, 11:49 am
Location: Kansas

Post by neustar » May 21st, 2014, 4:54 pm

Oops. Missed that. Sorry to trouble you.

TimoleonWash
Posts: 682
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 1:38 am
Location: USA, California, San Diego
Contact:

Post by TimoleonWash » May 21st, 2014, 7:18 pm

I understand the PLing will be Word Perfect, thanks. Also, as this project may take a year or two to complete, I also understand that if you good folks do not hear from me for over three months or so, my PL opportunities will be offered to others.

Oh, and I understand that to access the Google Docs I must download and install Google software.
If you create and your creation is destroyed, create anyway. (paraphrasing Mother Teresa) . . Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

etel13
Posts: 231
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 2:24 am

Post by etel13 » May 22nd, 2014, 1:04 am

It's me again!! May I please claim :Portress chapter 18, Tony's wife chapter 6, and maid chapter 3? I have a question, my daughter can record the one line for Betsy(child) chapter 2?

Have a good day :thumbs:
Etel

Post Reply