COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] The Betrothed by Manzoni - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

carteki wrote:FYI - where the wrong translator has been given I just picked up the correct one from a previous file (rather than having to wait for a re-record) Ch 4.

Kristin (MrsHand) please let me know if there are any comment after you've PL'd chapter 24.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... 128kb.flac (very few Old Woman lines so those can be done as a spot PL).

Thank you.
Thanks!
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

WoollyBee wrote: January 4th, 2018, 7:59 am Thank you! Agh—I will add that to Mary’s list of pick-ups. Do you know what time stamp it is at?
It's on page 11 of the google doc, in the Notary's speech which begins "it is the only way to come off well ". It's at about 8:50 in my recording.
Truth,
James
---------------------
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

ZamesCurran wrote: January 4th, 2018, 10:24 pm
WoollyBee wrote: January 4th, 2018, 7:59 am Thank you! Agh—I will add that to Mary’s list of pick-ups. Do you know what time stamp it is at?
It's on page 11 of the google doc, in the Notary's speech which begins "it is the only way to come off well ". It's at about 8:50 in my recording.
Alrighty. Thanks!
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

If you need a female voice for any missing characters or parts, I can do them. I was the Abess, and surprised this was still in my ReaderSections screen, so I wanted to help wrap it up! (My semester doesn't start for a few weeks, so I can be fast.)
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Finished editing ch21. Just waiting on the lines for the Old Woman.
No other narrator pickups.
Kim
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

carteki wrote: January 10th, 2018, 1:08 am Finished editing ch21. Just waiting on the lines for the Old Woman.
No other narrator pickups.
Kim
Awesome thanks Kim!
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

AprilWalters wrote: January 8th, 2018, 2:45 pm If you need a female voice for any missing characters or parts, I can do them. I was the Abess, and surprised this was still in my ReaderSections screen, so I wanted to help wrap it up! (My semester doesn't start for a few weeks, so I can be fast.)
Thank you for the offer, April! I will certainly keep you in mind for missing lines/characters. We have everything claimed at the moment, but I will PM the readers with outstanding sections in the next few weeks (the parts were just claimed a week or two ago) to see if they are still able to record them.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Just wanted to clarify the MW: Ch 15 is fully edited, aside from 2 things. 1) Notary lines, these need to be PL'ed and added into the final chapter file, and 2) missing narrator line (pursued he, addressing his followers in a tone of severity) which is yet to be recorded - but is on Mary's list of pickups (still waiting to hear back from her). I'm not sure if the final chapter file was PL'ed previously? If so, all we need to do is add in the notary lines (and narrator line when it comes in).
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thanks for the catch up. I would do the PL of the lines along with the final editing as it can all be done together.
benderca

Post by benderca »

AFTER recording
Please note that we prefer FLAC files.
Save files as 128 kbps FLAC betrothed_[$$]_[role###].mp3 (all lower-case) where $$ is the chapter number and ### is the section number of your character.
Hi Sarah!

Your instructions are a bit confusing for saving and uploading -- you say you "prefer FLAC," but your example is .mp3: "betrothed_[$$]_[role###].mp3." I'll save as flac and if you want mp3, just let me know.

Here's Old Woman 2, Chapter 20:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_20_oldwoman2_1.flac

(The "1" on the end is the section number of my character).

Thanks!
TJ
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

benderca wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:39 am
AFTER recording
Please note that we prefer FLAC files.
Save files as 128 kbps FLAC betrothed_[$$]_[role###].mp3 (all lower-case) where $$ is the chapter number and ### is the section number of your character.
Hi Sarah!

Your instructions are a bit confusing for saving and uploading -- you say you "prefer FLAC," but your example is .mp3: "betrothed_[$$]_[role###].mp3." I'll save as flac and if you want mp3, just let me know.

Here's Old Woman 2, Chapter 20:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_20_oldwoman2_1.flac

(The "1" on the end is the section number of my character).

Thanks!
TJ
Oops, yes, we want FLAC. That's funny that the first post has been wrong ALL this time--as you may have noticed, this project has been in progress for almost four years! And thank you for the file!!
benderca

Post by benderca »

WoollyBee wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:14 pm Oops, yes, we want FLAC. That's funny that the first post has been wrong ALL this time--as you may have noticed, this project has been in progress for almost four years! And thank you for the file!!
Wow! Four years? That's quite a commitment! Kudos! (And funny no one noticed the "mp3" file label in 4 years! lol!).

Here's Old Woman 2 -- Chapter 21:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_21_oldwoman2_1.flac
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

benderca wrote: January 12th, 2018, 4:01 pm
WoollyBee wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:14 pm Oops, yes, we want FLAC. That's funny that the first post has been wrong ALL this time--as you may have noticed, this project has been in progress for almost four years! And thank you for the file!!
Wow! Four years? That's quite a commitment! Kudos! (And funny no one noticed the "mp3" file label in 4 years! lol!).

Here's Old Woman 2 -- Chapter 21:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_21_oldwoman2_1.flac
Thanks -- I've had a LOT of help! Yes, that's so weird... now we know what percentage of people ACTUALLY read the first post... :lol:
carteki

Post by carteki »

Please find the completed ch21 here. Time 26m22
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_21_manzoni_128kb.mp3
I haven't edited the old woman too much, but there are extremely long gaps between her phrases. Please could you shorten them a little in the next chapters.
Thanks.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

carteki wrote: January 19th, 2018, 9:56 am Please find the completed ch21 here. Time 26m22
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_21_manzoni_128kb.mp3
I haven't edited the old woman too much, but there are extremely long gaps between her phrases. Please could you shorten them a little in the next chapters.
Thanks.
Awesome!!! Thanks Kim!