COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] The Betrothed by Manzoni - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
carteki

Post by carteki »

Chapter 24 Editing Notes:
Narrator: Missing line:
"Lucy raised her head, looked at the Unknown, and beholding his humble and downcast expression, she was affected with a mingled feeling of gratitude and pity:"

"Lucy, notwithstanding the winks of her mother, related in her turn the history of the attempt made in the house of Don Abbondio, saying, as she concluded, "

Daughter - LydiaCW
20m42 Maybe re-record line due to background noise. (Existing line has been used).

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... 128kb.flac 44m03
carteki

Post by carteki »

PL Notes Summary: (I can't follow the MW)
Ch 4 - not sure why this is not PL OK

Ch 8
Narrator:
14m09 If any one should ask how Father Christopher came to have at his disposal such means of transport by land and by water, he would show little knowledge of the power possessed by a capuchin who held the reputation of a saint.”

Ch 15
Missing line from Notary - ZanesCurran

Ch 20
Intro - may need to replace a line of unknown with egidio
missing old woman lines in chapter 20 (this one? https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... man102.mp3)

Ch 22
Intro - missing old woman lines in chapter 20

Ch 24
Narrator: Missing lines:
3m52 "Lucy raised her head, looked at the Unknown, and beholding his humble and downcast expression, she was affected with a mingled feeling of gratitude and pity:"

33m16 "Lucy, notwithstanding the winks of her mother, related in her turn the history of the attempt made in the house of Don Abbondio, saying, as she concluded, "

Daughter - LydiaCW
20m42 Maybe re-record line due to background noise. (Existing line has been used).

Not yet edited
Ch 21

Please make a decision on Etel13's lines shortly as this is so close to finishing.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

carteki wrote:Chapter 24 Editing Notes:
Narrator: Missing line:
"Lucy raised her head, looked at the Unknown, and beholding his humble and downcast expression, she was affected with a mingled feeling of gratitude and pity:"

"Lucy, notwithstanding the winks of her mother, related in her turn the history of the attempt made in the house of Don Abbondio, saying, as she concluded, "

Daughter - LydiaCW

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... 128kb.flac 44m03
Thanks Kim. I don’t think Lydia is available to re-record her line, so we will probably have to stick with the one from the file she already submitted.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Old Woman 2 (Etel) has been orphaned.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

carteki wrote:PL Notes Summary: (I can't follow the MW)
Ch 4 - not sure why this is not PL OK

Ch 8
Narrator:
14m09 If any one should ask how Father Christopher came to have at his disposal such means of transport by land and by water, he would show little knowledge of the power possessed by a capuchin who held the reputation of a saint.”

Ch 15

Ch 20
Intro - may need to replace a line of unknown with egidio
missing old woman lines in chapter 20 (this one? https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... man102.mp3)

Ch 22
Intro - missing old woman lines in chapter 20

Ch 24
Narrator: Missing lines:
3m52 "Lucy raised her head, looked at the Unknown, and beholding his humble and downcast expression, she was affected with a mingled feeling of gratitude and pity:"

33m16 "Lucy, notwithstanding the winks of her mother, related in her turn the history of the attempt made in the house of Don Abbondio, saying, as she concluded, "

Daughter - LydiaCW

Not yet edited
Ch 21

Please make a decision on Etel13's lines shortly as this is so close to finishing.
I have updated the MW. Ch 4 is not PL OK because the wrong translator name is still in the intro, and there is a group line for Mary to record (since we didn't have any other readers do it). I am waiting for Mary to record the list of pick-ups I sent her, and the intro/missing line is among the pick-ups. I have also PM'd ZanesCurran about progress on the Notary. The only question mark is Ch 20 edigio/unknown line replacement--does anyone have any info on this? Not sure what that means? :help:
linny

Post by linny »

WoollyBee wrote:The only question mark is Ch 20 edigio/unknown line replacement--does anyone have any info on this? Not sure what that means? :help:

linny wrote:"Unknown: To grow old! to die! and then?"
MrsHand wrote:ETA: The line that was read as Egidio's has been read as part of "The Unknown" (section 96, read by Blue Funk). In reading through the chpater, I don't think Egidio actually speaks. He just is mentioned as a partner of The Unknown who along with his Emissary and Nibbio kidnap Lucy. There is some very vague pronoun usage, but I think it's all The Unknown in chapter 20.
Sarah, I think all that remains here is to see which lines ended up on the final edited version and confirm that it’s the voice it should be.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

linny wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:The only question mark is Ch 20 edigio/unknown line replacement--does anyone have any info on this? Not sure what that means? :help:

MrsHand wrote:ETA: The line that was read as Egidio's has been read as part of "The Unknown" (section 96, read by Blue Funk). In reading through the chpater, I don't think Egidio actually speaks. He just is mentioned as a partner of The Unknown who along with his Emissary and Nibbio kidnap Lucy. There is some very vague pronoun usage, but I think it's all The Unknown in chapter 20.
Sarah, I think all that remains here is to see which lines ended up on the final edited version and confirm that it’s the voice it should be.
Oh, awesome! Thanks for your timely response, Linny!
benderca

Post by benderca »

WoollyBee wrote:Old Woman 2 (Etel) has been orphaned.
I'll read the old woman for you.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

benderca wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:Old Woman 2 (Etel) has been orphaned.
I'll read the old woman for you.
Cool. Thanks!
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

WoollyBee wrote:
linny wrote:

Oh, awesome! Thanks for your timely response, Linny!
Ok, the Egidio line is PL OK. Just waiting on the intro and old woman lines!
carteki

Post by carteki »

FYI - where the wrong translator has been given I just picked up the correct one from a previous file (rather than having to wait for a re-record) Ch 4.

Kristin (MrsHand) please let me know if there are any comment after you've PL'd chapter 24.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... 128kb.flac (very few Old Woman lines so those can be done as a spot PL).

Thank you.
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Here's the notary:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... notary.mp3 (10:05)

(Also, I'm not sure if this has been dealt with before, but there's a line that should be for the narrator in the middle of one of the notary's pieces)
Truth,
James
---------------------
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Ch 15
Please note: I'm replacing the previous reader, so I've recorded the entire notary role.
Truth,
James
---------------------
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

ZamesCurran wrote:
Ch 15
Please note: I'm replacing the previous reader, so I've recorded the entire notary role.
Right. He only appears in ch 15. :)
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

ZamesCurran wrote:Here's the notary:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddrag ... notary.mp3 (10:05)

(Also, I'm not sure if this has been dealt with before, but there's a line that should be for the narrator in the middle of one of the notary's pieces)
Thank you! Agh—I will add that to Mary’s list of pick-ups. Do you know what time stamp it is at?