COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] The Betrothed by Manzoni - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

ekortright wrote:And here also is Father Christopher (Section 19), Chapter 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_08_fatherchristopher019.flac

Duration = 3:55
Father Christopher, Chapter 8 is missing @ 2:27 (it's part of the instructions for getting to the convent)

"If any one should ask how Father Christopher came to have at his disposal such means of transport by land and by water, he would show little knowledge of the power possessed by a capuchin who held the reputation of a saint."
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Thanks Kristin!
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

WoollyBee wrote:
ekortright wrote:. . .
Those lines were assigned to Fr. Christopher by mistake. They actually belong to the Gentleman. See my post from January 22nd, 2017, 4:55 pm and Sarah's response (on page 45 of this topic).

There was a similar spot in Chapter 8 (see post from January 23rd, 2017, 8:58 pm).

Perhaps someone could update the Google docs?

Let me know if I can do anything.
Sorry for the confusion. I sent both readers a message regarding the missing lines in January and have only heard back from Mary. She will be recording and uploading the missing lines in the next few weeks. I'm not sure what to do about the other reader; he hasn't picked up my PM. I think we will need to get someone else record those lines as the part seems rather large to orphan...

I will update the google docs this weekend.
Well, I was getting tired of editing Father Christopher's Chapter 34 and decided to take a break by seeing how thoroughly I could disguise my voice, and ended up recording all of the Gentleman's lines from Chapter 4.

I figured you probably wouldn't want to use my voice, since that would mean two characters played by the same person not only in the same chapter, but actually in a dialogue with one another. Also, to try to make the voice sound different, I added what I hoped would sound like an Italian accent (turned out sounding more Eastern European than anything else), and changed the pitch using one of Audacity's effects (not sure if that is even allowed).

Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it, and I really don't think you would want to use it. But it actually turned out a bit better than I thought, so I thought I'd let you know that the file is available just in case you get really desperate and can't get in touch with the original reader or no one else claims it.

Take care!
Eduardo
Quomodo autem posset aliquid permanere, nisi tu voluisses?
aut quod a te vocatum non esset conservaretur? -- Wis 11:27
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

ekortright wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:
ekortright wrote:. . .
Those lines were assigned to Fr. Christopher by mistake. They actually belong to the Gentleman. See my post from January 22nd, 2017, 4:55 pm and Sarah's response (on page 45 of this topic).

There was a similar spot in Chapter 8 (see post from January 23rd, 2017, 8:58 pm).

Perhaps someone could update the Google docs?

Let me know if I can do anything.
Sorry for the confusion. I sent both readers a message regarding the missing lines in January and have only heard back from Mary. She will be recording and uploading the missing lines in the next few weeks. I'm not sure what to do about the other reader; he hasn't picked up my PM. I think we will need to get someone else record those lines as the part seems rather large to orphan...

I will update the google docs this weekend.
Well, I was getting tired of editing Father Christopher's Chapter 34 and decided to take a break by seeing how thoroughly I could disguise my voice, and ended up recording all of the Gentleman's lines from Chapter 4.

I figured you probably wouldn't want to use my voice, since that would mean two characters played by the same person not only in the same chapter, but actually in a dialogue with one another. Also, to try to make the voice sound different, I added what I hoped would sound like an Italian accent (turned out sounding more Eastern European than anything else), and changed the pitch using one of Audacity's effects (not sure if that is even allowed).

Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it, and I really don't think you would want to use it. But it actually turned out a bit better than I thought, so I thought I'd let you know that the file is available just in case you get really desperate and can't get in touch with the original reader or no one else claims it.

Take care!
As long as it sounds very different from your other role, I think that will be fine! Our DPL can decide; just upload and post the link to the file as always.
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

WoollyBee wrote:
ekortright wrote: Well, I was getting tired of editing Father Christopher's Chapter 34 and decided to take a break by seeing how thoroughly I could disguise my voice, and ended up recording all of the Gentleman's lines from Chapter 4.

Take care!
As long as it sounds very different from your other role, I think that will be fine! Our DPL can decide; just upload and post the link to the file as always.
It's different, all right! :?

I've uploaded the file as https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_04_gentleman020-alt.flac in case using the same name would overwrite the original reader. Let me know if you'd prefer me to upload it with the same name.

Duration = 0:56

If our DPL thinks it's too close to Father Christopher's voice to be usable, that's fine. In any case, I had a great time recording it. Thank you for giving it a shot!
Eduardo
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

ekortright wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:
ekortright wrote: Well, I was getting tired of editing Father Christopher's Chapter 34 and decided to take a break by seeing how thoroughly I could disguise my voice, and ended up recording all of the Gentleman's lines from Chapter 4.

Take care!

I've uploaded the file as https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_04_gentleman020-alt.flac in case using the same name would overwrite the original reader. Let me know if you'd prefer me to upload it with the same name.

If our DPL thinks it's too close to Father Christopher's voice to be usable, that's fine. In any case, I had a great time recording it. Thank you for giving it a shot!
Great! I'll have our DPL give it a listen. Thank YOU for recording it! The link should be fine, it doesn't really matter for DR anyways.
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Here, at long last, is Father Christoper (Section 19), Chapter 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_34_fatherchristopher019.flac

Duration = 11:16

This one was a tough one to record. . . .
Eduardo
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

ekortright wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:

Take care!

I really thought I had already commented on this. It sounds different enough to me, and is PL!
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

MrsHand wrote:I really thought I had already commented on this. It sounds different enough to me, and is PL!
That's great! Thank you.
Eduardo
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

ekortright wrote:Here, at long last, is Father Christoper (Section 19), Chapter 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_34_fatherchristopher019.flac

Duration = 11:16

This one was a tough one to record. . . .
Thanks Eduardo! Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to you.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

MrsHand wrote:
ekortright wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:

I really thought I had already commented on this. It sounds different enough to me, and is PL!
In the MW now. Thank you both!
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Eduardo, you haven't submitted Chapter 19 and 35 for Fr. Christopher, correct? And Chapter 4 should still be marked as 'see PL notes'? Just making sure I'm all caught up...
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Father Christopher Chapters 7, 8, and 34 are PL OK!

Also, Chapter 4 is PL OK as what I thought were the Father's lines actually belonged to someone else.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

MrsHand wrote:Father Christopher Chapters 7, 8, and 34 are PL OK!

Also, Chapter 4 is PL OK as what I thought were the Father's lines actually belonged to someone else.
Great... thank you Kristin!
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

WoollyBee wrote:Eduardo, you haven't submitted Chapter 19 and 35 for Fr. Christopher, correct? And Chapter 4 should still be marked as 'see PL notes'? Just making sure I'm all caught up...
Here is Chapter 35 for Father Christopher (Section 19): https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_35_fatherchristopher019.flac

Duration = 7:40

I thought I had submitted Chapter 19, but it must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/betrothed_19_fatherchristopher019.flac

Duration = 0:17

Thank you, and I will await Kristin's feedback.
Eduardo