COMPLETE [PLAY] The Camp of Wallenstein by F. Schiller - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

The Camp of Wallenstein by Friedrich Schiller (1759 - 1805) . Translated by James Churchill (??? - ???).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-camp-of-wallenstein-by-friedrich-schiller/
This is the first play of Friedrich Schiller's Wallenstein Trilogy. Set in a Bohemian camp during the Thirty Years War, it introduces the major characters of the rest of the trilogy, like Albrecht von Wallenstein and Max Piccolomini, from their subordinates' point of view. (Summary by Libby Gohn)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6785
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Part [#] of The Camp of Wallenstein, by Friedrich Schiller. Translated by James Churchill. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Part [#]. At the end of the play, add End of The Camp of Wallenstein, by Friedrich Schiller. Translated by James Churchill.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 campofwallenstein_[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the part number. Part 1 will contain scenes 1-7 and part 2 will contain scenes 8-11.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.

Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
    http://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Last edited by LibbyG on July 16th, 2013, 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

I am narrating, editing, and PLing individual parts; still looking for someone to PL the completed scenes.

I don't have the dates for the translator, but this translation appeared in an 1872 publication (http://archive.org/details/historyofrevolto00sch), so I think all the Europeans are in the clear.

This is an ensemble piece, so there are a lot of small roles. Feel free to sign up for multiple roles as long as they aren’t in a scene together.
What am I up to?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, Libby!

I'd be glad to PL the completed works. I'm just finishing up doing this with another Drama, so I have an idea of what to look for.

Also, I'd be glad to read Sergeant-Major if you don't have someone in mind. Or is that what you're doing?

Anyway, glad to help with this project.

~Larry (silverquill)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

silverquill wrote:Hi, Libby!

I'd be glad to PL the completed works. I'm just finishing up doing this with another Drama, so I have an idea of what to look for.

Also, I'd be glad to read Sergeant-Major if you don't have someone in mind. Or is that what you're doing?

Anyway, glad to help with this project.

~Larry (silverquill)
That would be lovely! I'll put you down for the Sergeant-Major as soon as the MW is up.
What am I up to?
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Hi, Libby, you might want to have a look at this announcement, which was posted after yours:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=47531

If you'd rather put this on hold until after the changever to save yourself the work of doing the MW twice, just let us know.
Laurie Anne
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

chocoholic wrote:Hi, Libby, you might want to have a look at this announcement, which was posted after yours:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=47531

If you'd rather put this on hold until after the changever to save yourself the work of doing the MW twice, just let us know.
I saw that, but I don't mind re-entering things.
What am I up to?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

MW all set up. I've left the MW info paragraph so that I can refer to it when setting it up in the new system. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

TriciaG wrote:MW all set up. I've left the MW info paragraph so that I can refer to it when setting it up in the new system. :)
Great, thank you!
What am I up to?
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Can I read the peasant, section 2.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

alanmapstone wrote:Can I read the peasant, section 2.
You sure can!
What am I up to?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since you're all filled in, I'm moving this to Readers Found. :)
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

TriciaG wrote:Since you're all filled in, I'm moving this to Readers Found. :)
I hope you mean Dramatic Works!
What am I up to?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I meant Readers Wanted... but yes, Dramatic Works. ;)
catrose

Post by catrose »

I'll go wheree'er you need me Libby dear :)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

catrose wrote:I'll go wheree'er you need me Libby dear :)
I've put you down for the peasant boy and the first cuirassier; let me know if that's okay!
What am I up to?