Good practice guidelines for dramatic works

Plays and other dramatic works
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 5th, 2019, 7:40 pm

The links from availle and annise take you to the current collection (#11), with great instructions and a list of recommended source stuff for plays; if you go down in that thread to about the 3rd posting you will find a list of the plays in all of the previous collections.

Thanks, Todd

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I believe the question to your first question is that the overall BC may choose to do a one act play of their own, but they are not required to. Todd can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

As to your second question, no, you would not simply do one act only of a longer play. You'll need to find a play that is written as only having one act. If you take a look at the first few posts in the one act collection, there'll be links to a few good sources where you can find one act plays. Browse around there until you find something you like! You can also take a look at the previous one act collection to see what's already been done and get an idea of the kind of thing you should be looking for.

EDIT: Todd was faster than me. :mrgreen:

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » February 6th, 2019, 3:28 pm

ToddHW wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:40 pm
The links from availle and annise take you to the current collection (#11), with great instructions and a list of recommended source stuff for plays; if you go down in that thread to about the 3rd posting you will find a list of the plays in all of the previous collections.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm
I believe the question to your first question is that the overall BC may choose to do a one act play of their own, but they are not required to. Todd can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

As to your second question, no, you would not simply do one act only of a longer play. You'll need to find a play that is written as only having one act. If you take a look at the first few posts in the one act collection, there'll be links to a few good sources where you can find one act plays. Browse around there until you find something you like! You can also take a look at the previous one act collection to see what's already been done and get an idea of the kind of thing you should be looking for.

EDIT: Todd was faster than me. :mrgreen:
Thanks, guys! I'll check it out :thumbs:

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » Yesterday, 12:03 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Hmm. Okay, I'll wait till I have more experience, then. I'm BCing 2 group projects currently and I do have a Solo going right now, so it is a lot of work :)
Thanks, Devorah, Anne, and Monika :thumbs:
I'm not sure if you saw it, but the new One Act Play Collection is started up now. Still in the Launch Pad, as I type this, but it may be finding its way over here soon.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » Yesterday, 2:50 pm

Moved One Act Play Collection 12 over here into Dramatic Works now.

viewtopic.php?p=1556640#p1556640

Thanks, Todd