One Act Plays and Other Collections - Planning Thread

Plays and other dramatic works
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Hello all -

I thought it might be a good idea to have a planning thread in this forum for dramatic collections. Right now we have a few ongoing collections, including the One Act Play Collections and the Shakespearean Dialogues Collections. This is the place to plan upcoming collections.

One Acts 004 has just been cataloged, and it's my understanding that One Acts 005 will be starting up soon, co-BC'd by Kristingj and JoFriday21.

(Having just BC/MC'd One Acts 004 and currently working on the Shakespearean Dialogues 002, I will be taking a break from collections as BC or MC for a bit. :) )
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I'll MC the One-Acts if Amanda and Kristin are still willing to BC...and I have LOTS of ideas for Shakespeare collections so I would love to take on #3.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Oh, I'd love to hear some ideas for new short drama collections. Perhaps a monologue collection? Different from the Shakespeare collections, although a couple of Old Bill recordings couldn't hurt. ;)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

The One act play collection number 5 has just been launceh:)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=40903
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

catrose has found a great collection of dramatic "sequels" which are comic rewritings of well-known plays. There's been some interest in doing them as a dramatic collection - perhaps after the current one acts collection wraps up. See the thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41176

I would be interested in being involved as one of the admin BCs.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

gloriana wrote:catrose has found a great collection of dramatic "sequels" which are comic rewritings of well-known plays. There's been some interest in doing them as a dramatic collection - perhaps after the current one acts collection wraps up. See the thread here:

Sounds fun, I would be interested as well:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
sidhu177

Post by sidhu177 »

i would want to do Chitra- one act play http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2502/2502-h/2502-h.htm#2H_4_0001 written by Rabindranath Tagore, in the next one act play collection 006.when is the 006 being launched ? and what do i need to do to get this play be a part of the collection ?

thanks
sidhu.
Of my own bliss I'll pay the price,And be myself my sacrifice.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

It looks as though the One-Act Collection 005 still has room, sidhu; perhaps you could post it there?
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40903
I read through your play; it's just lovely.

edited to add: Hold on for a moment, sidhu -- I just did a quick word count and this play will be too long to fit in one audio file. Let me get some opinions on whether it should be in the One-Act Collection in that case. I'll let you know.
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Yes, sidhu, please post Chitra in the One-Act Play collection, it will work well there. Sorry for the diversion.
Laurie Anne
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

gloriana wrote:catrose has found a great collection of dramatic "sequels" which are comic rewritings of well-known plays. There's been some interest in doing them as a dramatic collection - perhaps after the current one acts collection wraps up. See the thread here:

Catrose has begged off from BC'ing this and so I am going to put it together in her place. You can think of this as a preselected collection of 14 one-acts all by the same author. I'll have it ready to go when one-act collection 005 is completed (unless there is acclamation to delay this and do a more normal one-act 006 collection instead).

The idea for running this is 4 BC's each taking 3-4 of the plays (there are 14) to spread out the load of maintaining the MW - a bottleneck for most of the one-act collections where only one or two people had been able to access the MW. I'll take one set of the plays and previous postings had Kristingj, gloriana, and CaprishaPage volunteering so we may be full up BC-wise unless any of us get second thoughts by the time I post this. However there will be many many roles to fill!

Thanks, Todd
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I'm still willing to participate, Todd. I'd love to BC School For Scandal, since we're doing that right now in its original version. It would be cool if we could get the same readers for the roles, too!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Dramatic Sequels is ready to post as soon as the current one-act collection 005 is complete. LOTTSA roles!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will be out of touch for a week. Back ~27 Oct.

Sorry, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Since one-act collection 005 is almost all done and likely to be completed this weekend, I decided to post Dramatic Sequels today.

Thanks, Todd
dwalker1980

Post by dwalker1980 »

I'd be interested in doing a little bit of one act dramas with a group if that is possible. Let me know what part might be possible. My name is Daniel C. Walker by the way.