Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 2:20 pm

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post Posted:: April 28th, 2016, 5:42 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

ToddHW wrote:
The One Act Play collections, the next installment of which is expected shortly, lets you pick and BC and edit plays of your choice. Perfect way to learn the processes before running your own play, or bringing a beloved one act play you have always wanted to hear to life.

I'm going to offer a collection that is very different from that, where I'll be doing all the BC and editing (probably not turning down any volunteer help!) and all folks need to do is offer their voices. A couple of years ago I BC'd the plays by Dickens, several of which were in the One Act Play collections and the other couple standalone. I have now found a book of "Short Plays From Dickens for the Use of Amateur and School Dramatic Societies" https://archive.org/details/cu31924014524874 This book has 20 short (10-20 minute) plays pulled from scenes and dialogs in various books and other writings by Dickens, and I am going to offer the entire book of them. Soon.

Thanks, Todd

Now that the next One Act Play Collection is nearly full, I have posted Short Plays from Dickens.

viewtopic.php?p=1234711#p1234711

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: February 25th, 2017, 9:36 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

One Act Play Collection 10 is now open.

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted:: March 3rd, 2017, 11:09 am 

Hi All,
Can you tell me a little about what it means to record a play and how it's done? I looked around for some tips, but wasn't able to find anything--I'm sure I was staring right at it, just couldn't see it....
Thanks,
Kieren

Post Posted:: March 3rd, 2017, 11:50 am 

Here you go! http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Dramatic_Readings_and_Plays#Step_By_Step-_Your_first_role_in_a_Play
If you look at the top of the page, above where it says logout, there's "Guides for Listeners & Volunteers (Librivox wiki)". You can click on that and find all sorts of tutorials. :)

Dusty Diamonds
Dash for Khartoum

Spanish Brothers DR

Post Posted:: March 3rd, 2017, 12:06 pm 

Thank you, Adele! (I knew it was right before my eyes :D

Post Posted:: March 3rd, 2017, 12:10 pm 

No problem! That page also has directions for dramatic reads as well if you're interested. :)

Dusty Diamonds
Dash for Khartoum

Spanish Brothers DR

Post Posted:: March 15th, 2017, 2:12 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

this might be interesting for the one act play collection> https://archive.org/details/fourthactplayino00hast

Looking for amazing poetry? Check out the poetry of Thomas Hood and Ben King!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6