COMPLETE: (Dramatic Reading) Emma by Jane Austen - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
alin123
Posts: 22
Joined: May 21st, 2012, 4:54 am

Post by alin123 » June 7th, 2012, 1:31 pm

How does reading a drama work? Like, do you just read every single line you have? Pretend I'm Harriet Smith. Would I just go through and read all of Harriet's lines throughout the book?
KerrieRae Clarke

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 7th, 2012, 1:50 pm

alin123 wrote:How does reading a drama work? Like, do you just read every single line you have? Pretend I'm Harriet Smith. Would I just go through and read all of Harriet's lines throughout the book?

You would follow the color coding for your character for each chapter in each google doc listed below in the MW. All characters have what chapters they are a part of listed in the MW.

The BC goes through a lot of trouble to color code everything and it takes a long time :) ;) Are you interested in one of the remaining roles?

alin123
Posts: 22
Joined: May 21st, 2012, 4:54 am

Post by alin123 » June 7th, 2012, 3:01 pm

JoFriday21 wrote:
alin123 wrote:How does reading a drama work? Like, do you just read every single line you have? Pretend I'm Harriet Smith. Would I just go through and read all of Harriet's lines throughout the book?

You would follow the color coding for your character for each chapter in each google doc listed below in the MW. All characters have what chapters they are a part of listed in the MW.

The BC goes through a lot of trouble to color code everything and it takes a long time :) ;) Are you interested in one of the remaining roles?
Sure... I don't exactly sound older... but I'll try Mrs. Bates and Mrs. Ford. Am I allowed to do two? If I'm only allowed to do one, I'll just take Mrs. Bates.
KerrieRae Clarke

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 7th, 2012, 3:13 pm

alin123 wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:
alin123 wrote:How does reading a drama work? Like, do you just read every single line you have? Pretend I'm Harriet Smith. Would I just go through and read all of Harriet's lines throughout the book?

You would follow the color coding for your character for each chapter in each google doc listed below in the MW. All characters have what chapters they are a part of listed in the MW.

The BC goes through a lot of trouble to color code everything and it takes a long time :) ;) Are you interested in one of the remaining roles?
Sure... I don't exactly sound older... but I'll try Mrs. Bates and Mrs. Ford. Am I allowed to do two? If I'm only allowed to do one, I'll just take Mrs. Bates.

I'd prefer just the one at this point since it has been so popular among the females :) So I'll sign ya up for Mrs. Bates.

JohanLiebert
Posts: 1645
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 1:27 am
Location: Cavite, Philippines
Contact:

Post by JohanLiebert » June 9th, 2012, 5:54 am

April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 9th, 2012, 9:49 am


alin123
Posts: 22
Joined: May 21st, 2012, 4:54 am

Post by alin123 » June 9th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Mrs. Bates. Volume 3 Chapter 8.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/emma_mrs.bates_3_8.mp3

Running time: 34 seconds.

You're "jo", am I right? Short for "knotyouraveragejo"?
KerrieRae Clarke

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8598
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » June 9th, 2012, 12:44 pm

I've added the "Cast of Charaters" line to chapter 1 and reuploaded and here is Chapter 2: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/emma_narrator_1_02.mp3
Maria

----------
Catholic Audiobooks

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 9th, 2012, 1:42 pm

alin123 wrote:Mrs. Bates. Volume 3 Chapter 8.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/emma_mrs.bates_3_8.mp3

Running time: 34 seconds.

You're "jo", am I right? Short for "knotyouraveragejo"?

Thanks so much! And I am a "Jo" by middle name, but no, that's not me.

You need to upload this file to "mb" as the MC, not "jo."

Could you rename your file to emma_mrsbates_3_08 please? No period and add the 0 before the 8 - thanks!

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 9th, 2012, 1:44 pm

m8b1 wrote:I've added the "Cast of Charaters" line to chapter 1 and reuploaded and here is Chapter 2: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/emma_narrator_1_02.mp3

Thanks, Maria! :)

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8598
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » June 9th, 2012, 2:02 pm

JoFriday21 wrote:
alin123 wrote:Mrs. Bates. Volume 3 Chapter 8.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/emma_mrs.bates_3_8.mp3

Running time: 34 seconds.

You're "jo", am I right? Short for "knotyouraveragejo"?

Thanks so much! And I am a "Jo" by middle name, but no, that's not me.

You need to upload this file to "mb" as the MC, not "jo."

Could you rename your file to emma_mrsbates_3_08 please? No period and add the 0 before the 8 - thanks!
I went ahead and moved the file to my folder, Amanda, and renamed it. I don't think the . would cause any problems though. :-) Here is the new file name: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/emma_mrsbates_3_08.mp3
Maria

----------
Catholic Audiobooks

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 9th, 2012, 2:08 pm

m8b1 wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:
alin123 wrote:Mrs. Bates. Volume 3 Chapter 8.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/emma_mrs.bates_3_8.mp3

Running time: 34 seconds.

You're "jo", am I right? Short for "knotyouraveragejo"?

Thanks so much! And I am a "Jo" by middle name, but no, that's not me.

You need to upload this file to "mb" as the MC, not "jo."

Could you rename your file to emma_mrsbates_3_08 please? No period and add the 0 before the 8 - thanks!
I went ahead and moved the file to my folder, Amanda, and renamed it. I don't think the . would cause any problems though. :-) Here is the new file name: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/emma_mrsbates_3_08.mp3
Thanks, Maria! :thumbs: I wasn't sure so was hoping to avoid any issue just in case :)

Tisha
Posts: 816
Joined: December 9th, 2010, 11:27 am
Location: RS/Brazil

Post by Tisha » June 9th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Jane Fairfax Vol. 2 Chapter 3 & 12: PL OK
Mrs. Bates Vol. 3 Chapter 08: PL OK
Narrator Vol. 1 Chapter 01: PL OK
:D
Tisha
26 DPL and counting. Sorry, I'm closed (for a while). ;)
=====> "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." Edward Everett Hale

Algy Pug
Posts: 5589
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » June 9th, 2012, 7:44 pm

May I please read Section 12 (Mr Weston)?

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 9th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Algy Pug wrote:May I please read Section 12 (Mr Weston)?

Cheers

Algy Pug
It's yours! Thanks, Algy! :-)

Post Reply