Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
toadoftoadhall

Post by toadoftoadhall »

I noticed that there are no dramatic readings of Kenneth Grahame's novel "The Wind in the Willows." Is there any interest in a dramatic reading?

Toadoftoadhall
catrose

Post by catrose »

There was definitely talk about it a few years ago. Not sure who was planning it - Elizabby or Hobbit I think. Looks like nothing came of it though...
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

That was me. :)

EDIT - Actually, probably not me. My suggestion was a few months ago. :D

The reason that I decided not to BC it was that Anne (annise) told me that there were 5 versions in the catalog already. So I decided it would be best to try something new. :)

The other thing was that it didn't have enough dialog in it.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3052&p=1100027

Kangaroo
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

NVM.
Last edited by Elizabby on March 9th, 2016, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Twinkle88 wrote:An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott!
We really need to do that as a dramatic.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

ej400 wrote:
Twinkle88 wrote:An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott!
We really need to do that as a dramatic.
:) Yes, it's a cute story! Got a good moral, too, if I remember right.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I love that story! It would make a great dramatic reading. :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I don't know the story at all, but remember that with the 2 DR limit per BC, most of us who BC the Dram Reads are pretty full up - and have a queue. It is all very well to make suggestions, but unless you are prepared to back it up by doing some of the work (such as script prep) I think the chance of someone seeing it and deciding to do it are fairly low. I guess what I'm getting to, is that there is a lot more to BCing an entire Dram Read than saying "Hey, cool book!"

Also, the "clearance rate" of DWs into the catalogue seems to have slowed down recently. Perhaps if we concentrate on finishing the DWs already in progress there will be more opportunities to launch new projects. (I'm aware that the Shakespeare Flashmobs are currently drawing off a lot of energy, which probably partly explains the slowdown in other areas.)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yes, I've got 2 DR's going right now, with two more lined up to do when they are done. When one of the two more is done I'm considering doing something by Louisa May Alcott, but obviously I'm not in a position to make any actual commitments as to what I'll be doing then :lol:

If anyone does end up doing one of her books, I can help with script prep, editing, whatever :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Hi,
I'm thinking of starting For Christ and the Church by Charles Sheldon (the author of In His Steps) as a DR soon. I've made the scripts, and they are here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4VYZs44HPX5YTJMRGhsWlYxT0U&usp=sharing
I'll be looking for a DPL and a narrator. If you are interested, please post here or PM me.
Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I can narrate for you, if you like :) Around when were you thinking of launching? I might not be able to get to doing any recording until April, but I could probably finish by mid-May at the latest, if that works for you. If you want someone else I won't mind, though.
Rachel

EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Well, I have to finish What Katy Did, and then I'm going to start What Katy Did at School, so it definitely won't be before April. (The book also has only 5 chapters, so it's not that long. :D )
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oh, I guess I misunderstood how "soon" you meant :lol:

I could probably do it. It does look nice and short. :D
Rachel

dvimont

Post by dvimont »

Some tunes that I wrote for the songs in a few of Shakespeare's plays are now in the PUBLIC DOMAIN on the Internet Archive -- very suitable for use in LibriVox productions: https://archive.org/details/ShakespeareScores

I probably won't be available to take part in any productions for the next few months, but these are available for anybody to pick up and put to use at any time!

Dan

------
p.s.: As I was composing these, I got into the habit of making a "first take" recording within minutes after completing a song -- crude and unpolished, to be sure, but gives you an idea of what it might sound like in a production: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBpScZqJkjpfKeBRbqwmsFqJ_uqwizJpd
Last edited by dvimont on March 18th, 2016, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ON THE NATURE OF THINGS is complete.:)
---
CommonVox.org presents: LibriVox EXPLORER: A new web-based version of LibriVox Explorer is now available in BETA: Check it out here.