Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Yes I know but we can't use Archive... :( I'm loving your location! Favorite show EVER! :D :) 8-) :P :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :9: :clap: :thumbs:
Aaron
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

aaronml wrote:How about the Celtic Twilight project The Story of King Arthur and his Knights by Howard Pyle? It has pictures, But there are no type Os, and is possible to copy and paste. :D you could just not copy the pictures! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Actually that is the wrong way round
The images are all from the original book - see the Archive scan . It's the text that we don't know about - they do claim copyright and we have no way of proving it to be original.
PG works from scans and has a rigid checking process both of the PD status and the text files they produce. If they had more volunteers they could produce more - have you thought of helping them ?

Anne
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

No I'm not interested in volunteering for that. I like acting much better than scanning or typing. :D I have a copy of the same book, unabridged, that I read myself. I don't know about the copyright, but if I compared the first few chapters with the one on Celtic would that verify it? :?:
Aaron
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I have done all the scripts and cast lists for the following, and am willing to make them available to anyone who wants to BC them. PM me for access to the Google docs.

- Night and Day by Virginia Woolf
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- The Phoenix and the Carpet by E. Nesbit (book 2 of the Psammead Trilogy)
- The Story of the Amulet by E. Nesbit (book 3 of the Psammead Trilogy)
- Robin Hood - I forget which version it was.

("Five Children and It" is the first book of the Psammead Trilogy and is in final editing before going into the catalogue. The other two books are great too, but a bit longer and I just don't have the energy for large DR projects any more.)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Hello. :)
I'm looking for a narrator (and a DPL/DPLs) for the following upcoming DR:
"Rainbow Valley," by Lucy Maud Montgomery (the seventh book in the Anne of Green Gables series)
- 35 chapters in all
- Word count for a single chapter is around 2,400 words on average
- I'll be ready to start when the scripts are completed, in about a week or so...?
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

That sounds so fun! I'd love to be involved! I can't narrate for you, but let me know when it starts! :D
Adele

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

I'm interested in narrating. Would you be able to PM me the scripts so I can get started? :D
Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:I'm interested in narrating. Would you be able to PM me the scripts so I can get started? :D
Thanks!
Eeeeeek!!! Yes!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'll be right with you--
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:That sounds so fun! I'd love to be involved! I can't narrate for you, but let me know when it starts! :D
Yes, will do! Thanks! :thumbs:
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I recently read "Eight Cousins" by Louisa May Alcott, and it would be fabulous as a DR! I can't BC it right now, but if anyone ever did it I'd love to help out. :) (Of course, it would have to wait until Under the Lilacs was finished.)
Adele

Post by aaronml »

Hi! I think it would be great if we did a Drama Read for Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott! (someone else would have too BC sorry) here's a link too the text on Gutenburg:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwih6s2vt_vNAhVBOSYKHeF9DJYQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gutenberg.org%2Fetext%2F82&usg=AFQjCNFyq29r_UmPatjSVd3cv5dmW8-lSw If it does get picked up can I be the Narrator please? Thanks! :D
Aaron
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hmm. Ivanhoe is nearly 20 hours final listening time. That is very long for a DR!
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Too long? :hmm:
Aaron
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

aaronml wrote:Too long? :hmm:
I can't speak for anyone else, but yes, too long for me! The "Anne of Green Gables" books, for example, typically run to around 8-9 hours each and take about a year to produce. "Rilla" which I am currently BCing, I hope to complete in August; it was launched in March 2015.

So for a 20 hour DR you are looking at maybe 2-3 years production time, hours and hours of editing time - in addition to the actual recording time. It's not something I personally would sign up for.

If you love narrating, maybe consider doing it as a solo recording?
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Yeah I guess it is kind oh long... oh well. :(
Aaron