Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Are you seriously considering a 3 volume about 40 hour dramatic reading ? It was a great BBC series way back but that would have been specially abridged script

Anne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

annise wrote: February 26th, 2021, 1:24 am Are you seriously considering a 3 volume about 40 hour dramatic reading ? It was a great BBC series way back but that would have been specially abridged script

Anne
Hi Anne if you feel it is too big a task I will put it aside. Happy to go with whatever is best. Many thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

CassiopeiaSparks wrote: February 25th, 2021, 11:00 pm
AngeliqueAnja wrote: February 4th, 2021, 4:02 pm So, The Magic Pudding by Norman Lindsay just became PD in Australia. I know it's been done as a Solo some years ago on LV but I thought that it would make a really fun Dramatic Reading.
I converted the script, but wanted to check here if I had done it correctly before attempting to lodge it in the New Projects, but I also wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this project.

Thanks,
Annie
This does look adorable. I'd be interested in giving it a go, if you decide to lodge it in as a New Project. I'm not terribly experienced (yet) but I learn fast.
It is an adorable little project, but unfortunately I can't lodge it (I tried) but the book is not yet PD where I live... I thought an article I was reading on PD books was from an Australian publication, but it wasn't... I made a right ol' fool of myself posting it up. But if anyone dos want to take it up, I have the scripts ready to go for anyone that wants them.

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Hi everyone,
After the cleanup month, a new dramatic scene and story collection will be opening up! Think up some fantastic DRs and mention them in this thread.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Bookworm360 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 3:57 pm Hi everyone,
After the cleanup month, a new dramatic scene and story collection will be opening up! Think up some fantastic DRs and mention them in this thread.
Exciting! How about "The Masked Marriage", an embedded narrative from Louisa May Alcott's "Little Women"? It is very short, but I think it would be fun.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/514
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Oh yes, I love that one! :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I will most likely be starting this as a DR in a month or two: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65170

A narrator would be welcome.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 11th, 2021, 6:44 pm I will most likely be starting this as a DR in a month or two: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65170

I would love to narrate on this one please.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 5:26 am
mightyfelix wrote: March 11th, 2021, 6:44 pm I will most likely be starting this as a DR in a month or two: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65170

I would love to narrate on this one please.
Great! I'll let you know when I'm ready to launch.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Bookworm360 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 3:57 pm Hi everyone,
Ooo! I am very interested in participating in this. I am seeing 2 of these collections already in the catalogue. Is that all there is? I'd rather not repeat something that has already been done in one of these so wanted to double check.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

It is okay to repeat a previously given piece - it offers listeners a "choice of voice".

But you can take a look at what the original 2 (yes, only 2 so far) collections included:

https://librivox.org/dramatic-reading-scene-and-story-collection-volume-001-by-various/

https://librivox.org/dramatic-reading-scene-and-story-collection-volume-002-by-various/

Thanks, Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thank you Todd :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Voces Populi is a collection of humorous scenes from everyday life (err, from 1800s England). And they're even broken down into scripts already!

We have a solo version in the catalog, but these might be fun to do as a DR, since they're pretty much written that way. Maybe for the scene & story collection? Or a full-on, do the whole book as a project.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37597
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm about a third of the way through creating scripts for this DR. In about a week, or perhaps two, it will be in the Launch Pad!

(I'm only posting about it because I'm excited and don't want to wait until it's totally ready to share my excitement! :D :lol: )
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

mightyfelix wrote: April 17th, 2021, 8:51 pm

I'm about a third of the way through creating scripts for this DR. In about a week, or perhaps two, it will be in the Launch Pad!

(I'm only posting about it because I'm excited and don't want to wait until it's totally ready to share my excitement! :D :lol: )
I can see why you’re excited! I shall be on the lookout for this once you launch it!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings