Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Trish,

I have just commited myself to a fairly extensive project, (which I shall totally enjoy!)
but this post caught my eye.

I had been considering doing 'Jungle Book' as a solo read - until I found that the last
Chapter consisted entirely of songs - I cannot sing!

However, if you do ever go ahead with this - could I please baggsie Sheer Khan?

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I'm getting ready to launch a dramatic reading of Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott. It's a children's story chronicling the events following a sledding accident.

Would anyone like to be the narrator? I'll be ready to start pretty much as soon as someone volunteers. There are 24 chapters.

Also looking for an editor(s)!

EDIT: Narrator found.
Last edited by Twinkle88 on October 26th, 2019, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The next collection of Sherlock Holmes short stories is now launched: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=76441&start=15

In particular there are some characters with accents, there's the posh English Lord St Simon (who is a bit of a duffer), the King of Bohemia (who needs an accent of some kind, I'm not too particular) a couple of German accented characters and a couple of American accented characters! The accent doesn't have to be your natural one, if you can produce a Western American accent (he's a gold rush miner) then you are welcome to claim the part!

Mostly gender neutral casting, except as marked in the MW.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi everyone,
I'm finally putting some finishing touches on my plans to launch The Jungle Book by Kipling as a DR. Would anyone be interested in editing it? I hope to launch it in the next week or two.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Foon,

Yes, I personally would very much be interested in working on 'The Jungle Book'.

I would like to read Sheer Khan myself, but even if it is just a case of editing other
people's voices - I would love to be involved!

HOWEVER - I recently broke a rib in my back (stupid accident!) - and it is astonishlingly painful.
(I was lucky though - an inch to the left and I could have landed on my spine.)

Anyways - I'm currently letting down Elizabby on a Sherlock Holmes project - so if you would like
me to let you down as well - gis a shout!

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

This is in Launch Pad now...
LikeManyWaters wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:29 pm I am planning on doing this DR eventually, but am thinking with 13 others going right now waiting a few months might be a good idea. Not having been on here that long, I don't know, but is this area a bit saturated right now?

Anyhoo, expect to see it sometime. I plan on BC/Narration/Parts PLing and Editing myself...

Andrew the Glad by Maria Thompson Daviess
Brief Description and Character Summaries

I know, cheesy title, but lovely book with loads of dialogue.
April
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Twinkle88 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:52 pm I'm getting ready to launch a dramatic reading of Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott. It's a children's story chronicling the events following a sledding accident.

Would anyone like to be the narrator? I'll be ready to start pretty much as soon as someone volunteers. There are 24 chapters.

Also looking for an editor(s)!
Hi, Twinkle. I would be interested. :) Want to PM me with your vision for this?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

WHOOPEEE!! Thank you so much!! :clap: Yes, I will send ya a PM shortly!
iamjessebaxter

Post by iamjessebaxter »

If you're doing any Renaissance playwrights (Marlowe, Jonson, and especially Shakespeare) I would like very much to be a part of those readings. Thanks!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You never know what will come up next. But feel free over in Play Suggestions to list specific ideas....

Thanks, Todd
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I thought I'd just throw it out there, but I feel like we need more classic DR's. I just love the older books, and I'd love to re-read my favorite fiction books from school again. If anyone is interested in doing one or is planning one already, please let me know.
benderca

Post by benderca »

ej400 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:47 pm I thought I'd just throw it out there, but I feel like we need more classic DR's. I just love the older books, and I'd love to re-read my favorite fiction books from school again. If anyone is interested in doing one or is planning one already, please let me know.
I've been planning to launch "The Story Girl" by L. M. Montgomery as a dramatic reading for a while now (another project to do with my daughter). I've got the scripts all ready to go. I was planning to wait until "Jack and Jill" was finished -- but I read that many people are stuck at home and looking for something to do, so I might launch it a little sooner. The story has lots of rich characters and is mostly dialogue. The role of the story girl herself is almost as big as the narrator, so we'll need a dedicated reader for the part. I will read Narrator/Bev and Jasmin will read Cecily. I'm planning to edit and PL the chapters, but would appreciate help on parts PLing and perhaps editing as well.
TJ

THE STORY GIRL
By L. M. Montgomery

Kids:

The Story Girl (Sara Stanley) 14 years old, fascinating, lively, charming, with a clear sweet voice that makes words come alive (Ch 1-32)
Narrator/Bev, 13-years-old (Ch 1-32)
Felix, about 12-years-old (Ch 1-6, 8-32)
Dan, 13-years-old (Ch1, 2, 4-32)
Felicity, 12-years-old, a stunning beauty, vain, stubborn, not too smart (Ch1, 3-32)
Cecily, 11-years-old, dear, sweet, warm-hearted, the peacemaker (Ch 1, 3-32) (Reader: Jasmin Salma)
Peter, about 14 or 15, hired boy, wants to be Felicity’s beau, not very educated, but smart (Ch 3-6, 8-11, 13-17, 19-28, 30, 31)
Sara Ray, neighbor girl, 11-years old. shy, always crying, easily frightened, with an overprotective mother (Ch 4-10, 13-6, 18 25, 29, 30, 32)
Billy Robinson, about 13-years-old, cons kids into buying his home remedies pre-pubescent afflictions (Ch 6)

Adults:

Father (Ch 1)
Mrs. MacLaren, The Housekeeper (Ch 1)
Uncle Alec, warm, friendly, supportive, and straight-forward (Ch 1, 25, 26, 27, 31, 32)
Aunt Janet, Constantly telling the children what to do and giving what she considers “good advice” (Ch 1, 6, 11, 12, 18, 19, 23, 32)
Uncle Roger, jolly and fond of teasing; likes to tease and make fun of the kids; often pulls the kids’ legs (Ch 5, 12-19, 21-24, )
Mr. Marwood (Ch 8)
Mr. Campbell, rich, retired farmer, who took life easily. A
much travelled man, "well read" and intelligent not always in a good humour (Ch 7)
Aunt Olivia Pretty, merry and kind; appreciated by the kids because she has “mastered to perfection the rare art of letting children alone.” (Ch 19, 24, 29, 32)
The Doctor (Ch 15, 23)
Mrs. Patterson (Ch 13)
Mrs. Ray (1 line, Ch 29)
EnNar

Post by EnNar »

Dear All,

Trust this finds you well. I am just a common reader. I really love the story Heidi by Johanna Spyri. Is there any chance we could do a DR of that?

Thanks,
Navin (EnNar) :D :lol: :clap: :mrgreen: 8-)
--- :D ---Navin--- :) ---
High School Junior
All my recordings
----------------------------
wib66

Post by wib66 »

EnNar wrote: May 10th, 2020, 3:57 pm Dear All,

Trust this finds you well. I am just a common reader. I really love the story Heidi by Johanna Spyri. Is there any chance we could do a DR of that?

Thanks,
https://librivox.org/heidi-dramatic-reading-by-johanna-spyri/
here is a link to the dramatic reading that is in the catalogue
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ej400

Post by ej400 »

EnNar wrote: May 10th, 2020, 3:57 pm Dear All,

Thanks,
It was last done in 2012.... I wouldn't see a problem with doing it again. Are you planning on BCing or PLing possibly, or just looking for someone else to start it?