Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Anything by Walter Scott will be long, probably why he is not read nowadays. Scott wrote for a readership that had almost infinite leisure time.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

No doubt... :roll:
Aaron
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I think something by Walter Scott would be fun, but many of the characters talk in monologues, which mean you could have upwards of 10 minutes of talking per chapter. There's 44 chapters, around 30 minutes each, which would end up in a very long project! It'd be a major undertaking. :D All that said it would still be fun if there were enough people interested!
Adele

Post by Elizabby »

I'm preparing to launch "The Phoenix and the Carpet" which is the 2nd book in E Nesbit's "Psammead" trilogy and the sequel to "Five Children and It". I will BC and narrate, but I will need an editor for it and a DPL would be lovely as well.

The script preparation is done, so this project will launch soon after "Rilla of Ingleside" wraps up - probably early October. Please PM with expressions of interest in editing and DPLing only thanks - no character claims unless you are also willing to do some of the "backstage" work! ;)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I'm looking for an editor/editors (as well as a DPL) for the future dramatic reading of Little Men, by Louisa May Alcott. It's a children's story which follows up her classic Little Women.
  • There are 21 chapters in all.
  • Average word count per chapter is approximately 5,000; some as short as 2,000, others as long as 7,000.
  • The project will be ready to begin as soon as Under the Lilacs is finished, which only lacks the spot PLing of one chapter.
Please post if you're interested! :)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

SC and I are eagerly awaiting it! :thumbs:
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

I'd be totally interested! :)
Adele

Post by Twinkle88 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:I'd be totally interested! :)
...! :shock: Yaaaaay!! :mrgreen: Awesome, Adele!! :clap: I'll have you signed up for editor when it starts! Thank you soooo much!! :D
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Do you have someone to PL parts? If you don't I'd be happy to. I can also help with editing.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Kangaroo692 wrote:Do you have someone to PL parts? If you don't I'd be happy to. I can also help with editing.
No, I don't, but that would be great!! :D Thank you so much, Joey!! :D I'll have you signed up as editor and to PL parts. :)
toadoftoadhall

Post by toadoftoadhall »

Great! I look forward to volunteering for a role! It is a wonderful book.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I love to hear that! :wink: Thank you! It's one of my favorites (...but I feel like I've been saying that a lot :hmm: ). :)
AdeledePignerolles

Oh, please, wouldn't someone coordinate the other books in the Scarlet Pimpernel series? I just listened to the DR of "The Scarlet Pimpernel". It's fabulous! I don't have time/room to coordinate it, but I'd love to help out if someone would do it! (The next one in the series is I Will Repay)
Adele

Post by wildemoose »

I know there's a lot of Louisa May Alcott going on right now, but I have the marked-up text for An Old-Fashioned Girl all completed if anyone wants to take that up in the future. It's probably not something I will have the bandwidth to BC any time soon.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yes, there seems to be a lot of interest in Alcott DRs recently (not that there's anything wrong with that!) I think Trotsa was planning to BC An Old Fashioned Girl at some point, so if she hasn't done any text prep she would probably be quite pleased to be able to use yours.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire