Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
DeenaMae

Post by DeenaMae »

WoollyBee wrote:
Breeze wrote:Why hasn't any one done a dramatic reading of Pilgrims Progress. It's written in a format that should make the text fairly easy to prepare. If some one does do it I will probably read a part.
I'll do it! Probably won't be ready for a few months, though. I need to finish up my other projects first. :D

I am certainly game to be a part of that! And a bigger part if you also do part 2 (with Christiana's journey) since there's a whole lot more female parts options in that! ;)
*Deena*

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." - Chinese proverb
[See 2 Corinthians 5:17]

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
DeenaMae

Post by DeenaMae »

Has anyone thought about doing Alcott's Little Men & Jo's Boys as dramatic readings, as has been done with Little Women?
*Deena*

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." - Chinese proverb

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
DeenaMae

Post by DeenaMae »

Also, A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett would be good, too. :)
*Deena*

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Deena,

A Little Princess has already been done as a DR: http://librivox.org/a-little-princess-dramatic-reading-by-frances-hodgson-burnett/ :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
DeenaMae

Post by DeenaMae »

How am I always missing these things?? :lol:

I guess I missed that one because it was done recently...a while after me downloading the book to listen to. :)

Thanks, Maria!
*Deena*

DeenaMae

Post by DeenaMae »

I think In His Steps would make a good dramatic reading. :)
*Deena*

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

The Great Divide by William Vaughn Moody (1869-1910)

http://archive.org/details/greatdivideapla00goog

The Lafayette (LA) Advertiser termed the play “the long awaited great American play,” saying that “no other drama has so well reflected the manhood, the freedom, the honesty and the indomitable spirit characteristic of the people of our great Western country.”

(this from a most interesting essay on this play at http://www.metropolitanplayhouse.org/essaygreatdivide )

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
DeenaMae

Post by DeenaMae »

I think that sounds intriguing, Ruth. :-D
*Deena*

francesb

Post by francesb »

DeenaMae wrote:Has anyone thought about doing Alcott's Little Men & Jo's Boys as dramatic readings, as has been done with Little Women?
Oh those would be very fun!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

DeenaMae wrote:Has anyone thought about doing Alcott's Little Men & Jo's Boys as dramatic readings, as has been done with Little Women?
I am already thinking about doing Jo's Boys! :D I started working on the script a few months ago. Progress is slow, but steady. :wink:
francesb

Post by francesb »

WoollyBee wrote:
I am already thinking about doing Jo's Boys! :D I started working on the script a few months ago. Progress is slow, but steady. :wink:
Let me know when you finish it! I would LOVE to read Jo. :) At the moment I am Beth in Little Women at a theatre near us...so much fun. :)
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

francesb wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:
Let me know when you finish it! I would LOVE to read Jo. :) At the moment I am Beth in Little Women at a theatre near us...so much fun. :)
Sure thing! Sounds like fun.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

DeenaMae wrote:I think In His Steps would make a good dramatic reading. :)
I agree.
Is anything happening with Pilgrimss Progress
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote:Well, we have recorded Faust. But have we recorded "The Life and Death of Doctor Faustus Made into a Farce" by William Mountfort?

3 act play from 1697. (It gets confusing that it is PD cuz the Gutenberg book is a 1973 reprint....)

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37422

Anyone game? (Too much on my plate today!)

Thanks, Todd
I am just about ready to post the next play I am going to offer. As mentioned above, it is the Restoration comedy The Life and Death of Doctor Faustus Made into a Farce. As soon as Beaux and Grimm (links below) are closer to done...

I need to look at the new template generator.

EDIT: I did start it!

Thanks, Todd
Last edited by ToddHW on November 23rd, 2013, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savvy0712

Post by Savvy0712 »

I would like to begin a new Sherlock Holmes Dramatic Reading... Being a huge fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and his timeless characters. :D