~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
mr2nique

Post by mr2nique »

I have done PL for Section 18 - Chapter 75 - Narrator vol 4. It is well-read. There are a few minor errors noted.

01:14 sounded like “understand” but should be “understood”
01:20 spoken was “in between the windows", what was written is “between the windows”, no “in” in the text
03:00 slight noise (chair?/desk?) it is not that bad, but if desired, can be targeted for removal

Kalamareader wrote: June 15th, 2022, 8:59 pm First, Jenna, I was feeling lonesome here without you, and I am glad you have joined our little project.

Second, Lynette, Sections 74 and 75 still show "Assigned". I submitted them in the last of May. Just a note. :D

I am still away from my computer, but will get going soon.

Wayne
mr2nique

Post by mr2nique »

I have completed PL of Section 39 Narrator vol 5 silverquill Chapter 106

It also is beautifully read, but there are 2 mistakes noted:

12:55 Editing issue. Spoke starts with “those synonymous words were…” and then hangs. Then starts again. You will need to edit out the first “those synonymous words were.”

20:06 Read was “1,000,500 francs”. The correct amount is “1,500,000 francs”

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJA1eDrkyeMXMt-SWJTxjsTHpLFzAGqVwpk6z0dmJv8/edit
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_106.flac
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Thanks, mw updated!
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Kristin,
Sorry I haven't been able to PL for you--other projects have kept me more than busy! I'll try to circle back around if possible.

Thanks,
Lora
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mr2nique wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:19 pm I have done PL for Section 18 - Chapter 75 - Narrator vol 4. It is well-read. There are a few minor errors noted.

01:20 spoken was “in between the windows", what was written is “between the windows”, no “in” in the text
03:00 slight noise (chair?/desk?) it is not that bad, but if desired, can be targeted for removal

Kalamareader wrote: June 15th, 2022, 8:59 pm First, Jenna, I was feeling lonesome here without you, and I am glad you have joined our little project.

Second, Lynette, Sections 74 and 75 still show "Assigned". I submitted them in the last of May. Just a note. :D

Wayne
Here is the 'corrected' Chapter 75.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_75.mp3

Thanks for your careful ear in the PLing.

That being said, I corrected the 'understand'-'understood' error. I can't believe I missed that in my own PLing, but there it was.

As I listened to the 'window' line at 1:20, I couldn't hear the word 'in', but even if it is there, it really doesn't change the meaning of the sentence, and I decided to leave the small noise at 3:00. Thanks again for your work and your kind words.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
arbycoors

Post by arbycoors »

Kristin et MaryAnn - I've uploaded the lines that I've left missing for L Debray and the 'all' and 'both' selections for ch 90 and 109.
Three simple and short lines, I've dropped them onto one file, each one with audio notation before it's reading.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_luciendebrayPickupLines_90and109.flac

Advise, please if there are any further needs for my reading.

Best,
Rob Bekuhrs
arbycoors

Post by arbycoors »

Kristin and MaryAnn -
Please also find the actual recording of chapter 62 - I finally looked to the correct folder and found that lo, I had re-delivered ch61 as ch62. These are the proper goods...
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_luciendebray_62.flac

Best regards,
Rob
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kalamareader wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:41 pm
mr2nique wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:19 pm I have done PL for Section 18 - Chapter 75 - Narrator vol 4. It is well-read. There are a few minor errors noted.

Wayne

That being said, I corrected the 'understand'-'understood' error. I can't believe I missed that in my own PLing, but there it was.

As I listened to the 'window' line at 1:20, I couldn't hear the word 'in', but even if it is there, it really doesn't change the meaning of the sentence, and I decided to leave the small noise at 3:00. Thanks again for your work and your kind words.

Wayne
That's fine, thanks!
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

arbycoors wrote: November 26th, 2022, 10:56 pm Kristin et MaryAnn - I've uploaded the lines that I've left missing for L Debray and the 'all' and 'both' selections for ch 90 and 109.
Three simple and short lines, I've dropped them onto one file, each one with audio notation before it's reading.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_luciendebrayPickupLines_90and109.flac

Advise, please if there are any further needs for my reading.

Best,
Rob Bekuhrs
arbycoors wrote: November 26th, 2022, 11:15 pm Kristin and MaryAnn -
Please also find the actual recording of chapter 62 - I finally looked to the correct folder and found that lo, I had re-delivered ch61 as ch62. These are the proper goods...
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_luciendebray_62.flac

Best regards,
Rob
Thanks! I'll have a listen to both in the coming days:)
Kristin

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Are you still looking for PL help? I'd be happy to do that, if you can clarify what's needed. Is it all the individual sections as they come in, or just the edited chapters? (Either way, I'm in if you need me)
Krista
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

kristakz wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:46 pm Are you still looking for PL help? I'd be happy to do that, if you can clarify what's needed. Is it all the individual sections as they come in, or just the edited chapters? (Either way, I'm in if you need me)
Yes:) getting narrator for Volume 4 and 5 done is first on the list, then edited vhapters as they come in. I'm working through recording the count and was planning on editing that straight in and getting pl of my reading on the finished chapters to save us some time, but if everything else gets done before I can start editing,I'll also upload my stuff.
Kristin

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kristingj wrote: December 11th, 2022, 9:53 pm
kristakz wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:46 pm Are you still looking for PL help? I'd be happy to do that, if you can clarify what's needed. Is it all the individual sections as they come in, or just the edited chapters? (Either way, I'm in if you need me)
Yes:) getting narrator for Volume 4 and 5 done is first on the list, then edited vhapters as they come in. I'm working through recording the count and was planning on editing that straight in and getting pl of my reading on the finished chapters to save us some time, but if everything else gets done before I can start editing,I'll also upload my stuff.
OK. I'll just start with section 17 and work my way down. I'll post notes here (of course) and let you update the MW, unless you want to swap me in as DPL so I can do that directly.
Krista
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

kristakz wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:36 am
Kristingj wrote: December 11th, 2022, 9:53 pm
OK. I'll just start with section 17 and work my way down. I'll post notes here (of course) and let you update the MW, unless you want to swap me in as DPL so I can do that directly.
That's perfect, thanks! I'll just update the mw aswe go
Kristin

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2022, 9:18 pm Hi,

Here is my first attempt. I hope I did well enough with my attempts at the French names:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_74.flac

Time: 14:51

Wayne

P.S. As I noted when I did the Abbé, flac file names are a PAIN with my set up. :shock:
I have PL'ed section 74, and have just a couple of notes.

2:08 - I hear "Perr-eh-de la chaise", text is "Pere-la-chaise" (pronounced more like "pear" - you can hear it here
5:58 - I hear something like "distertion", text is "his philosophical dissertation with Debray"
6:48 - I hear "Pierre la Chaise", text is "Pere-la-Chaise"
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kalamareader wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:41 pm

Wayne

Wayne
Hi Wayne,

I listened to the correction, but I still hear "understand" in that location. Are you sure it uploaded correctly, or the correct version? Poking around, I found a "flac" file with the correction, but it doesn't seem like you uploaded a corrected MP3.
Krista