COMPLETE[PLAY] Tristan & Iseult by Arthur Symons - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Moving to Dramatic Works since MW already half filled.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here's the queen....though by the end of Act 1 she calls for the king to give his opinion, I had the strong impression it is she who is taking all the decisions at the court. The king strikes me more as a feeble puppet who does what she wants. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tristanandiseult_queen_1.mp3
Recording time: 6:00 min.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: September 29th, 2022, 3:43 am Here's the queen....though by the end of Act 1 she calls for the king to give his opinion, I had the strong impression it is she who is taking all the decisions at the court. The king strikes me more as a feeble puppet who does what she wants. :lol:
Sonia
Thanks Sonia, this is the first submission and Ready for PL!. I will probably do it tomorrow :wink:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: September 29th, 2022, 3:43 am Here's the queen....though by the end of Act 1 she calls for the king to give his opinion, I had the strong impression it is she who is taking all the decisions at the court. The king strikes me more as a feeble puppet who does what she wants. :lol:
Sonia
Congratulations, our first PL OK! :thumbs:
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

The King of Ireland is in MW Ready for PL! if anyone can find time to check it (It is very short) :lol:
Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: September 30th, 2022, 1:23 amThe King of Ireland is in MW Ready for PL! if anyone can find time to check it (It is very short) :lol:
indeed short, well the king has nothing much to say that hasn't been approved by the queen before :mrgreen: and you made him sound a bit like he knows it but tries his best to sound regal ;)

well done, Alan, PL ok, thanks. Now I am curious how different you will make Mark sound. He's of another mettle.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: September 30th, 2022, 3:50 am
alanmapstone wrote: September 30th, 2022, 1:23 amThe King of Ireland is in MW Ready for PL! if anyone can find time to check it (It is very short) :lol:
indeed short, well the king has nothing much to say that hasn't been approved by the queen before :mrgreen: and you made him sound a bit like he knows it but tries his best to sound regal ;)
well done, Alan, PL ok, thanks. Now I am curious how different you will make Mark sound. He's of another mettle.
Sonia
Thanks Sonia
I made this King soft spoken as he seems to accept things easily. King Mark will be more authoritarian as I think he is the more powerful and warlike king.
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

All 4 acts are PL OK!
Well read and characterised :thumbs:

A couple of comments:
The voice credit at the beginning should not include Act 1 and the credits are not needed at the start of other acts. I think Todd can edit around this so it does not need to be redone.
The volumes are all over 91 db. Todd will probably adjust this before editing but it would be better in future to get nearer to 89 db, our preferred target.

Thanks again for reading this crucial role :wink:
Alan
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

alanmapstone wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:14 am
All 4 acts are PL OK!
Well read and characterised :thumbs:

A couple of comments:
The voice credit at the beginning should not include Act 1 and the credits are not needed at the start of other acts. I think Todd can edit around this so it does not need to be redone.
The volumes are all over 91 db. Todd will probably adjust this before editing but it would be better in future to get nearer to 89 db, our preferred target.

Thanks again for reading this crucial role :wink:
Thank you for the feedback, Alan. I shall keep your suggestions in mind going forward. It is a great role and I was honored to read it. 😀

Take care,

Greg
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 5th, 2022, 11:47 pmKing Mark is in MW Ready for PL! if anyone would be kind enough to check it :help:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tristanandiseult_kingmark_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tristanandiseult_kingmark_4.mp3
I checked them both just now and they are PL ok. Yes you definitely managed to make Mark sterner, especially in the beginning scene. :thumbs: Well done.

Thanks

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: October 6th, 2022, 3:46 am
alanmapstone wrote: October 5th, 2022, 11:47 pmKing Mark is in MW Ready for PL! if anyone would be kind enough to check it :help:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tristanandiseult_kingmark_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tristanandiseult_kingmark_4.mp3
I checked them both just now and they are PL ok. Yes you definitely managed to make Mark sterner, especially in the beginning scene.
I felt that in act 3 Mark was angry but also immensely sad at Tristan's betrayal whereas in act 4 he was more remorseful.
Alan
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

May I play Meriadoc?
The role of the young (or plausibly young) villain seems to fit very well lately... :wink: