COMPLETE[PLAY]Which is the Man?, by Cowley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: September 16th, 2022, 4:38 amhere is the first lady:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_firstlady_5.mp3 (1:04)
thank you so much for helping out here, Sandra. And your high society lady is so exquisitely acted out, she could be a younger sister to Oscar Wilde. Loved it. :thumbs: absolutely PL ok

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Clarinda is recorded and just need to edit!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Thanks, Todd
Miller4815

Post by Miller4815 »

Hi, may I read Belville?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Miller4815

Post by Miller4815 »

Belville Act One ready

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_belville_1.mp3

Had fun with that :)

- Hadley
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Miller4815 wrote: September 27th, 2022, 1:25 pmBelville Act One ready
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_belville_1.mp3
Had fun with that :)
well I am glad you liked it because there is more to come 8-) And you portrayed Belville exquisitely, he is a touch Wilde-esquely arrogant at times, but there's a good character underneath, one can feel that. Looking forward to your next acts.

Perfectly PL ok and expertly played. Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jenn, you are immersing yourself into the role as always. Which means you are playing her with the needed dose of bitchiness :mrgreen: Well someone has to be the female baddie...I find they are often the most interesting roles. In any case, brilliantly acted, well worth the wait.

Totally PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kitty wrote: September 27th, 2022, 2:41 pm thank you, Jenn, you are immersing yourself into the role as always. Which means you are playing her with the needed dose of bitchiness :mrgreen: Well someone has to be the female baddie...I find they are often the most interesting roles. In any case, brilliantly acted, well worth the wait.

Totally PL ok.
Thanks, Sonia! I had fun portraying her. I’m thinking I need to keep my eye out for other baddies to play :twisted:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: October 4th, 2022, 8:35 amI had fun portraying her. I’m thinking I need to keep my eye out for other baddies to play :twisted:
you should and I agree, I also enjoy the baddies. :twisted: maybe one day we play the evil twins :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

in our dramas the tolerance level is very high, believe me :mrgreen: the quirkier the better, especially in the comedies. Your Belville fits more the very romantic type, at least in the beginning when he is sighing after his wife. Then in the 4th act you veer into hurt pride and jealousy, well done. I enjoyed it. A great first role, I believe it's the first time you're playing a role for us ?

Act 5 can be marked PL ok right away.

A few small edits for the other acts though:

Act 2:

> you forgot your voice credit at the beginning: "Belville, read by [your reader name]"

> at 1:13: (p. 16) forgot part of the sentence (underlined) which would make it more comprehensible: "the little understanding he had, and so he commenced fine gentleman"

Act 3:

> at 0:53: (p. 24) you forgot some bit of laughs "ha ha ha" here ;) not sure whether he is embarrassed or making fun of the guy :lol:

Act 4:

> at 0:26: (p. 42) small bit missing (underlined): "a lady in the other room too. hey day, Beauchamps who would have suspected"

> from 0:49 to 0:53: (p. 42) between "on my honour" and "Beauchamps" you can cut the long pause, this is the same speech chunk

> at 1:33: (p. 42) "the word which I had pronounced with so much rapture" – I don't understand the word you are saying here but it's not "pronounced". Maybe a glitch in the audio caused this :hmm:

> from 1:38 to 1:40: (p. 43) between "chokes me" and "from this moment" – also same speech, pause can be shortened

thanks, great start, hope to hear you in many more plays.

Sonia
Miller4815

Post by Miller4815 »

Kitty wrote: October 5th, 2022, 2:20 am
in our dramas the tolerance level is very high, believe me :mrgreen: the quirkier the better, especially in the comedies. Your Belville fits more the very romantic type, at least in the beginning when he is sighing after his wife. Then in the 4th act you veer into hurt pride and jealousy, well done. I enjoyed it. A great first role, I believe it's the first time you're playing a role for us ?

Act 5 can be marked PL ok right away.

A few small edits for the other acts though:

Act 2:

> you forgot your voice credit at the beginning: "Belville, read by [your reader name]"

> at 1:13: (p. 16) forgot part of the sentence (underlined) which would make it more comprehensible: "the little understanding he had, and so he commenced fine gentleman"

Act 3:

> at 0:53: (p. 24) you forgot some bit of laughs "ha ha ha" here ;) not sure whether he is embarrassed or making fun of the guy :lol:

Act 4:

> at 0:26: (p. 42) small bit missing (underlined): "a lady in the other room too. hey day, Beauchamps who would have suspected"

> from 0:49 to 0:53: (p. 42) between "on my honour" and "Beauchamps" you can cut the long pause, this is the same speech chunk

> at 1:33: (p. 42) "the word which I had pronounced with so much rapture" – I don't understand the word you are saying here but it's not "pronounced". Maybe a glitch in the audio caused this :hmm:

> from 1:38 to 1:40: (p. 43) between "chokes me" and "from this moment" – also same speech, pause can be shortened

thanks, great start, hope to hear you in many more plays.

Sonia

OK, I've made those adjustments :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_belville_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_belville_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_belville_4.mp3

I already included my voice credit at the start of my recording for Act One.

Yes, this is my first. I'm sure it won't be the last :D

Hadley