COMPLETE[PLAY]Which is the Man?, by Cowley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: August 11th, 2022, 9:08 am
alanmapstone wrote: August 8th, 2022, 12:44 amPendragon act 5
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_pendragon_5.mp3
That should be another role completed :thumbs:
it is completed and PL ok now, Alan, thank you. So Pendragon thinks he is a man of the world now in the end :lol: London beware !
Thanks Sonia, I hope you had an enjoyable break :)
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Butterflier38

Post by Butterflier38 »

Can I read Tiffany, Act 1?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

Please complete the One Minute Test per instructions in your welcome email, and get approval that your equipment is set up properly to give us the format we need.

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. (Lottsa examples throughout this project.) These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I also have a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which - using the words in the MW - should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - does not have to be the same as your forum name). This credit is used to generate a cast list.

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
Butterflier38

Post by Butterflier38 »

ToddHW wrote: August 14th, 2022, 6:04 am Welcome. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

Please complete the One Minute Test per instructions in your welcome email, and get approval that your equipment is set up properly to give us the format we need.

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. (Lottsa examples throughout this project.) These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I also have a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which - using the words in the MW - should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - does not have to be the same as your forum name). This credit is used to generate a cast list.

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd

Oh, sorry I didn't know the one minute test was mandatory.
I did it now.
Thanks for telling me!

Looking forward to do my best!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

It is not mandatory; it is just such a good idea to make sure your equipment is making files we can use.

Thanks, Todd
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful portrayal, Matea, thank you. Julia is lovely in both her snappiness with Pendragon as in her despair at Lord Sparkle's and later. Well done.

Acts 2 and 4 are already PL ok.

Two small edits for the other acts though:

Act 3:
> at 1:48: (p. 28) "union of soul" - you read "foul", this is a case of the infamous long s ;)

Act 5:
> at 0:57: (p. 46) stumble and repeat: "good heavens, is it destined..." - one part can be cut and the long silence between as well

thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Kitty wrote: August 18th, 2022, 3:46 am wonderful portrayal, Matea, thank you. Julia is lovely in both her snappiness with Pendragon as in her despair at Lord Sparkle's and later. Well done.

Acts 2 and 4 are already PL ok.

Two small edits for the other acts though:

Act 3:
> at 1:48: (p. 28) "union of soul" - you read "foul", this is a case of the infamous long s ;)

Act 5:
> at 0:57: (p. 46) stumble and repeat: "good heavens, is it destined..." - one part can be cut and the long silence between as well

thank you

Sonia
Here are the corrected versions of acts 3 and 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_julia_3.mp3
(3:43)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_julia_5.mp3
(3:02)
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nissy wrote: August 19th, 2022, 2:56 amHere is Mrs Johnson ready for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/whichistheman_mrsjohnson_1.mp3 02:38
excellently acted out. Mrs Johnson sounds like the dutiful housekeeper and busybody that she is :lol: :thumbs: I wish she had appeared more often.

Totally PL ok, thank you, Nissy :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thank you Mattea, also PL ok now.

Sonia