COMPLETE[VERY BAD PLAY] The Social War of 1900 by Simon Landis - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

flavo5000 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 9:51 am Here's the right blustery Bluster Gibbons:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/socialwarof1900play_blustergibbons_5.mp3

Hopefully I captured his pomposity enough. :)
HAHAHA. I can't wait to listen to this. Thanks!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

Good!
arbycoors

Post by arbycoors »

Wow and holy cow, I wish I'd seen this sooner! Could I nab the role of Gen Washington Armington in his earthly and ethereal forms?
Unholy smokes, what a script.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

arbycoors wrote: July 16th, 2022, 5:18 pm Wow and holy cow, I wish I'd seen this sooner! Could I nab the role of Gen Washington Armington in his earthly and ethereal forms?
I know, it’s quite a doozy. And here’s the worst part: Simon Landis has written OTHER PLAYS. Yiiiikes!

Thanks for joining us! 😂
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

Hello
I'd love to join the cast, reading section 9- Physician in Chief of Insane Asylum (a hypocrite), Act III and 15 - A Captain, Act V; I haven't read the play yet, but I believe they are not long.
It would be my first play-format recording on librivox and I want to make sure that it's ok.
Any advice?
Thanks
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DrSpoke wrote: July 21st, 2022, 9:38 am Hello
I'd love to join the cast, reading section 9- Physician in Chief of Insane Asylum (a hypocrite), Act III and 15 - A Captain, Act V; I haven't read the play yet, but I believe they are not long.
It would be my first play-format recording on librivox and I want to make sure that it's ok.
Any advice?
Thanks
That would be exceptional... and yes, both sections are very short and should be relatively manageable. Thank you so much!
PROJECTS
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

Here's the Physician in Chief of Insane Asylum in the 3rd Act:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/socialwarof1900play_role_3.mp3

and the Captain in the 5th:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/socialwarof1900play_role_5.mp3

I didn't know if the silent noise would apply within a line which has the stage instructions half way.
arbycoors

Post by arbycoors »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DrSpoke wrote: July 28th, 2022, 7:31 am Here's the Physician in Chief of Insane Asylum in the 3rd Act:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/socialwarof1900play_role_3.mp3

and the Captain in the 5th:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/socialwarof1900play_role_5.mp3

I didn't know if the silent noise would apply within a line which has the stage instructions half way.
This is an embarrassment of riches! Thank you both!
PROJECTS
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DrSpoke wrote: July 21st, 2022, 9:38 am Hello
Any advice?
Thanks
Sorry this took so long! Both recordings are line perfect and technically PL OK, but would you mind making one change to the Physician in Chief file? Would you mind adding the descriptor from the dramatis personae after saying his name, reading it exactly as it is in the MW? ("Physician in Chief of Insane Asylum (a hypocrite)")

Thanks again! These are both great!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

flavo5000 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 3:24 pm Could I take that Bluster Gibbons role maybe?
It delights me to no end that you gave this character a southern accent! This is phenomenal!

PL OK!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

arbycoors wrote: July 16th, 2022, 5:18 pm Wow and holy cow, I wish I'd seen this sooner! Could I nab the role of Gen Washington Armington in his earthly and ethereal forms?
Oh, wow. All these excellent performances are wasted on a play this lousy! :lol:

Well done! I especially love how ghostly you made Armington sound at the end.

Act 2 is PL OK and technically both files feature word perfect recordings... but would you mind recording the character description as its listed in the dramatis personae? So instead of "General Washington Armington," it should be "Gen. Washington Armington (a genuine Christian and millionaire)." Thanks again!
PROJECTS