COMPLETE[PLAY]Aulularia by Plautus - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

And here is one of my Lyconides:

Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aulularia_lyconides_4.mp3 (1 min, 5 secs)

I had a question though, it wasn't an issue for this one as my character is only in one scene of this act but in the next act it looks like my character is in multiple. I assume I still only need to submit one file for it but do I need to say state in the recording which scene I'm on or just ignore the scene divides?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I think that most of us who edit edit entire acts at one time. So scene dividers are not necessary with the file you send for a given act.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Inkell wrote: August 10th, 2022, 5:08 amAnd here is one of my Lyconides:
Act 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aulularia_lyconides_4.mp3 (1 min, 5 secs)
thank you for this engaging performance :) one still feels empathy with Lyconides the way you portray him. Nicely done.

I only have one comment:

> for the voice credit, please always say the full description, as you can see in the MW, here: Lyconides, a young Athenian, read by inkell". Since this is the only error here, you don't need to re-upload, just put the correct line at the beginning of your next act. I'll make a note in the MW for Todd.

> Also careful with the volume, here you are exceeding our upper limit of 92 dB a little bit. But Todd will adjust this in the editing phase.

thank you, looking forward to the next act :) I will mark this one PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome back! We missed you.

Thanks, Todd
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Welcome back Kitty!

I could add in that line and lower the volume (you just need to tell me how much by) if that would make it easier? I never realized you had to read the whole description, sorry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Inkell wrote: August 10th, 2022, 5:34 pmI could add in that line and lower the volume (you just need to tell me how much by) if that would make it easier?
no need to re-upload this act, just do the full voice credit in the next act, that's enough.
I never realized you had to read the whole description, sorry
yes we do that so the narrator's voice doesn't have to cut the reader's voice with the description. It sounds neater if the reader reads it all. :)

Sonia
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Kitty wrote: August 11th, 2022, 1:07 am
Inkell wrote: August 10th, 2022, 5:34 pmI could add in that line and lower the volume (you just need to tell me how much by) if that would make it easier?
no need to re-upload this act, just do the full voice credit in the next act, that's enough.
I never realized you had to read the whole description, sorry
yes we do that so the narrator's voice doesn't have to cut the reader's voice with the description. It sounds neater if the reader reads it all. :)

Sonia
Okay, I'll leave it then and say the full thing going forwards.

Makes sense, I don't actually know how these plays sound when they're put together so I never really thought about it
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

We have several by Plautus already recorded if you want to listen....

Thanks, Todd
Butterflier38

Post by Butterflier38 »

If there are any female characters open, let me know I am in!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I do gender neutral casting, so you can be anyone you wish. Which at this point means Pythodicus, Congrio, or the narrator for stage directions.

But before you record, please complete the One Minute Test per instructions in your welcome email, and get approval that your equipment is set up properly to give us the format we need.

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. (Lottsa examples throughout this project.) These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I also have a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which - using the words in the MW - should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - does not have to be the same as your forum name). This credit is used to generate a cast list.

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out whoever you claim. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kitty wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 7:28 am
thank you Kristin, I like this character, she is a very sensible and likable woman. Well done. I can mark Act 4 straight PL ok.

Two edits for Act 2:

> for the voice credit, can you please read the whole description like Todd mentioned in the MW: "Eunomia, the sister of Megadorus, read by..."

> at about 1:15: (p. 380) please insert: "Do you say so ?"

thank you

Sonia
Here it is, sorry for the delay!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aulularia_enumoia_2.mp3
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kristingj wrote: August 18th, 2022, 1:26 amHere it is, sorry for the delay!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aulularia_enumoia_2.mp3
and PL ok now, thank you :)

Sonia
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

I'd like to claim the following part:

1 Pythodicus, servant of Megadorus, Act 3

Thank you.

Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team