(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

The house is way too noisy to do any detail editing, so I've spent some time splicing the next few chapters with the narrator files.

These are not ready for PL - just uploading for loss-prevention. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_06_hume_128kb.mp3 (20:13)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_07_hume_128kb.mp3 (19:24)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_08_hume_128kb.mp3 (23:12)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_09_hume_128kb.mp3 (30:18)

Sent note to Peter about the mis-coded narrator line in ch. 9:
@4:58 need miscoded narrator line ...chirrup...

and this reader hasn't been active since last fall, so look for another bit I might be able to plug in for Mrs. Sampson's "shrill elfish laugh" @15:30

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_10_hume_128kb.mp3 (19:05)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Lynette, I believe I got the MW sorted the way your post-it meant?
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I sent a fresh note via PM as well, I know the Nov note came at a bad time for you! Same info as here:

(I'm so sorry I put an extra l in your name in the PM!) :oops:

Hi, Michele :)

Hey, I'm working my way through all the Hansom Cab chapters for the final editing. We never did get the one line from Madge for Ch. 11 that Annie had marked for Brian instead of Madge.

Would you be able to record the line in its own file, named: hansomcabdr_madge_11supp

I'm including some context. The one we need is the one in itallics:

Madge Frettlby: "He never saw Mr. Whyte the whole night."
Mark Frettlby: "So he says,"
Narrator: replied Mr. Frettlby, significantly.

Madge Frettlby: "I believe Brian before anyone else in the world,"

Narrator: said his daughter, hotly, with flushed cheeks and flashing eyes.
Mark Frettlby: "Ah! but will a jury?"
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SCaulkins wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 3:04 pm Lynette, I believe I got the MW sorted the way your post-it meant?
Yeah, that was perfect, thanks! :)
~Lynette * -
wib66

Post by wib66 »

LCaulkins wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 3:18 pm
I sent a fresh note via PM as well, I know the Nov note came at a bad time for you! Same info as here:

(I'm so sorry I put an extra l in your name in the PM!) :oops:

Hi, Michele :)

Hey, I'm working my way through all the Hansom Cab chapters for the final editing. We never did get the one line from Madge for Ch. 11 that Annie had marked for Brian instead of Madge.

Would you be able to record the line in its own file, named: hansomcabdr_madge_11supp

I'm including some context. The one we need is the one in itallics:

Madge Frettlby: "He never saw Mr. Whyte the whole night."
Mark Frettlby: "So he says,"
Narrator: replied Mr. Frettlby, significantly.

Madge Frettlby: "I believe Brian before anyone else in the world,"

Narrator: said his daughter, hotly, with flushed cheeks and flashing eyes.
Mark Frettlby: "Ah! but will a jury?"
Hi so sorry to have missed this one

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_madge_11supp.mp3
Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

(Note also sent via PM)

Hi, Adrian. Getting this project all edited up, now that we have a full narration.

In chapter 13, somehow we're missing this Calton line. I've double checked your ch 13 file, and it wasn't on that track. I bet this was a case of it having been miscoded it for another reader and fixed at a point after you had done your recordings.

Would you be able to record the line and give it this file name:

hansomcabdr_calton_13supp

I'm including context for the italicized missing line:

Narrator: Meanwhile Calton was talking to Madge.
Duncan Calton: "You were right,"
Narrator: he said,

Duncan Calton: "there must have been a message for him at the Club, for he got none from the time he left your place."

Madge Frettlby: "And what shall we do now?"
Narrator: asked Madge, who, having heard all the conversation, did not trouble to question the lawyer about it.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TheBanjo wrote: May 26th, 2022, 11:44 pm I have uploaded Narrator chapter 30: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_30.mp3 (16:03)

The narrator's harping on classical and other literary illusions in this pot boiler is just hilarious.
Also sent as a PM -

Hi, Peter :) Thank you so much for all your help at the Hansom Cab project. I'm really enjoying working with your narration in the chapters!

While editing ch 9, I've found a spot where the script was mis-coded, so we're missing this bit of narration.

Would you mind recording it and submitting it to the project with this file name? It doesn't need any intro or voice credit, just the line that's in itallics below.

hansomcabdr_narrator_09supp

I'm including some context here for you:

Mrs. Sampson: "An' if you wants anythin' else, Mr. Fitzgerald,"
Narrator: she said, going to the door,
Mrs. Sampson: "you knows your way to the bell as easily as I do to the kitching,"

and, with a final chirrup, she crackled out of the room.

Narrator: As soon as the door was closed, Brian put down his paper and roared, in spite of his worries. He had that extraordinary vivacious Irish temperament, which enables a man to put all trouble behind his back, and thoroughly enjoy the present. His landlady, with her Arabian-Night-like romances, was a source of great amusement to him, and he felt considerably cheered by the odd turn her humour had taken this morning.
~Lynette * -
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have uploaded https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_narrator_09supp.mp3 (0:52)

Rather than record just the few words you've asked for, I've also re-recorded the remainder of that section of the narrator's speech, so as not to create an unnecessary change in voice quality mid-speech. I know the sound of my voice changes quite a lot at different times of the day, and from day to day, so try to minimise such discordant cuts where possible.

How frustrating for you all to find these little "missing bits". Good luck with this massive venture!

Peter
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much, Peter.

Eh, that's part of the DR game with these big ones! I knew what I was getting into when I fostered this one. 8-)
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

MW updated
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Much thanks to Peter and Adrian :)

The splice drafts for Ch. 9 (30:15) and ch. 13 (26:02) are both fixed.
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

updated
Scott
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

I've uploaded the completed drafts Lynette put together today for 16 and 17. MW updated.
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapters 18 (16:42), 19 (19:45), and 20 (9:56) are now full drafts.
~Lynette * -